Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2023, 08:40 AM

976 posts, read 2,682,097 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InlandWave View Post
God this thread is so amusing

I try to keep out of politics, especially discussions…. But my guy, you haven’t said a single correct statement yet, stop getting your information from Nextdoor and actually read something before you make these idiotic comments
Okay where I'm I wrong with my energy statement? I'm waiting to be proven wrong. The only thing I get is no one answering any of my questions. Prove my comments are idiotic. What do you know about energy?

https://abcnews.go.com/US/california...ry?id=89460998
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2023, 09:37 AM

2,558 posts, read 2,900,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InlandWave View Post
God this thread is so amusing

I try to keep out of politics, especially discussions…. But my guy, you haven’t said a single correct statement yet, stop getting your information from Nextdoor and actually read something before you make these idiotic comments
You might want to do a tad bit of research before making yourself look sort of....well....I don't need to post it: California imports 30% of its energy, nothing to do with politics and all to do with facts!

https://www.eia.gov/todayinenergy/detail.php?id=46156

Old 09-07-2023, 09:39 AM

14,400 posts, read 14,286,698 times
It should never have come to this point. However, this is a larger issue in my opinion. Alabama was ordered to redistrict in a certain manner by the court system and has refused to do so. These are public officials who are ignoring their oath of office which requires them to faithfully execute the law. Without a court system, rules, and laws we are simply an anarchy waiting to explode. Ordinary Alabamans shouldn't stand for this. The redistricting is now going to be done by a court ordered master because state officials refused to do the job that was their responsibility. The blame belongs on them. Not on anyone else.

The goal of redistricting is not to guarantee democrats or republicans as many seats as possible in Congress. The goal is to redistrict in a way that is logical and affords all groups representation.

Old 09-07-2023, 09:48 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 17 days ago)

29,546 posts, read 16,528,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreggT View Post
your own link

Old 09-07-2023, 10:02 AM

I must admit this thread has gone way left. Some don’t care about the truth and facts. It’s all about what makes you feel good or outraged. There is no logic, it’s all about republicans are bad because they told me so. With absolutely no research.

Old 09-07-2023, 10:06 AM

Quote:
You might want to do a tad bit of research before making yourself look sort of....well....I don't need to post it: California imports 30% of its energy, nothing to do with politics and all to do with facts!

https://www.eia.gov/todayinenergy/detail.php?id=46156
The discussion wasnt about if California imports energy at all, it was about the reason behind it, which is the political discussion.

The other poster claimed it was coal energy which makes Californians hypocrites. Thats wrong for 2 reasons. The first being most people dont care about the type of energy, so at best, that makes the politicians hypocrites. not them.

And second and most important, is the manipulation of your argument.

On California's border with Arizona is the Largest power plant in the country by power generation, Palo Verde, and it is a nuclear plant. Its also owned by 3 California power companies and is simply in the desert for safety. Its location has nothing to do with taking power from another state because California cant maintain it themselves. which state power comes from is arbitrary because as stated, power companies can build where ever they want.

So not only was the poster wrong about the type of energy, they were wrong about the energy, and you obtusely agreeed with them.

Old 09-07-2023, 10:06 AM

2,558 posts, read 2,900,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
your own link
You obviously did not read to whole article.....

Old 09-07-2023, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimpdaddy View Post
I must admit this thread has gone way left. Some don’t care about the truth and facts. It’s all about what makes you feel good or outraged. There is no logic, it’s all about republicans are bad because they told me so. With absolutely no research.
You were literally the first person in the thread to mention republicans in like post #4.

And you have yet to provide and truth or facts, LOL

Old 09-07-2023, 10:09 AM

Quote:
You obviously did not read to whole article.....
What exactly are you disagreeing with ?

Old 09-07-2023, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
You were literally the first person in the thread to mention republicans in like post #4.

And you have yet to provide and truth or facts, LOL
Ok, your right. You're a very smart person.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama