Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2024, 11:48 PM

2,334 posts, read 845,901 times

Advertisements

Kate is a very popular world figure. It's normal that her fans and admirers will want some news of her progress from time to time. There's nothing bad about that. People care about her.

There must be people with cancer all over the world in hospitals, nursing homes and hospices who have nobody who cares except the doctors and nurses
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2024, 06:15 AM

27,146 posts, read 13,434,325 times
I haven's participated in such threads as Kate's disappearance from public duties had become the source of a lot of often malicious rumours and controversy.

In recent weeks I have seen all kinds of nonsense from both the MSM and in relation to social media, and hopefully this statement from Kate that is being broadcast across the globe can now not put an end to a lot of this unfounded and often cruel speculation.

I wish the Princess of Wales all the best in relation to her treatment and wish her a speedy and full recovery.

In a video message released on Friday, Catherine spoke of how her condition was discovered after she underwent major abdominal surgery in January.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_jE1j_KOZk

Kate cancer diagnosis rewrites story of past weeks - BBC News (24th March 2024)

Cancer charities praise ‘brave’ Princess of Wales for speaking about her diagnosis - The Guardian (24th March 2024)

King Charles hails Kate's courage after cancer news - BBC News (23rd March 2024)

Catherine, Princess of Wales: I am having treatment for cancer - The Telegraph (23rd March 2024)

Last edited by Brave New World; 03-23-2024 at 07:24 AM..

Old 03-23-2024, 07:10 AM

18,526 posts, read 18,735,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Austen View Post
Kate is a very popular world figure. It's normal that her fans and admirers will want some news of her progress from time to time. There's nothing bad about that. People care about her.

There must be people with cancer all over the world in hospitals, nursing homes and hospices who have nobody who cares except the doctors and nurses
the reason she didnt tell the public was to protect her three children of finding out before she thought the time was right..when they were off school on Easter holiday.. we should all respect the lady for how she handled such a delicate situation and for being a great mother.... Most of the moaners were the media who were desperate to know for their own ends. usually cash.. while Kate was trying to get over major surgery.. what is wrong with these heartless peope... I never in my life saw such a stramash over an6 edited photo... when even the newspapers edit theres... it was horrible to listen to day after day while the woman must be worried sick about her kids and her illness... time we all stepped back and let her get well... a beautiful lady who is faultless..how must she have felt day after day on our tv.. with all these different people discussing a photo she edited for Mothers Day of herself and her family... Her children are far more important than us...

Old 03-23-2024, 08:11 AM

2,393 posts, read 1,561,850 times
Hate to say it but friends who still use X/Twitter are telling me even now there are posts in there calling this a hoax

Old 03-23-2024, 08:15 AM

27,146 posts, read 13,434,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by porterjack View Post
Hate to say it but friends who still use X/Twitter are telling me even now there are posts in there calling this a hoax
Very Sad - although given what I have seen and read it's hardly surprising.

Old 03-23-2024, 09:14 AM

1,380 posts, read 722,099 times
Quote:
Do these friends say why they think it is a hoax? The reason for her to put it out there as a hoax?

Old 03-23-2024, 09:18 AM

2,393 posts, read 1,561,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by villabella22201 View Post
Do these friends say why they think it is a hoax? The reason for her to put it out there as a hoax?
Oh they don’t support the conspiracies. They were just telling me they have read stuff that does. It’s just mind blowing that these thoughts are even entertained

Old 03-23-2024, 09:36 AM

18,526 posts, read 18,735,742 times
Quote:
Oh they don’t support the conspiracies. They were just telling me they have read stuff that does. It’s just mind blowing that these thoughts are even entertained
Have these idiots nothing else in their own lives. its sickening.

Old 03-23-2024, 10:34 AM

2,334 posts, read 845,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
the reason she didnt tell the public was to protect her three children of finding out before she thought the time was right..when they were off school on Easter holiday.. we should all respect the lady for how she handled such a delicate situation and for being a great mother.... Most of the moaners were the media who were desperate to know for their own ends. usually cash.. while Kate was trying to get over major surgery.. what is wrong with these heartless peope... I never in my life saw such a stramash over an6 edited photo... when even the newspapers edit theres... it was horrible to listen to day after day while the woman must be worried sick about her kids and her illness... time we all stepped back and let her get well... a beautiful lady who is faultless..how must she have felt day after day on our tv.. with all these different people discussing a photo she edited for Mothers Day of herself and her family... Her children are far more important than us...
Totally agree. The lack of information at the beginning all now makes sense. Like all loving moms she was thinking of her children first.

Unfortunately the media always think of the money to be made first and we also live in an age of conspiracy theories. They must be feeling like a bunch of tactless idiots today.... or maybe not.

Old 03-23-2024, 10:44 AM

18,467 posts, read 31,621,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalWorth View Post
She is a mother of young children, above all else. I wish for her to have good health, and privacy.

yes, she is, and so are hundreds of other young woman as well, I feel sorry for them also.

Just because she is called a "royal" she is still flesh and blood like us,
she is just "called" royal.
she is anything but...........................she is still human like all of us.

of course I wish her well, as do I with all other young women that have a family as well.
but this in not un-common, she isn't the first, won't be the last, this is what it seems everyone seems to forget.

as for "privacy"

sorry, that I'm not buying, but I understand.
She is in the public eye, she is gonna be the Queen one day, her life is never going to be private, it comes with the territory, your get a many good things, but some bad comes with it.

same with Madonna and Michael Jackson, in the public eye, so privacy, is the one thing that doesn't come with it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom