Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2009, 04:28 PM

1,544 posts, read 3,619,001 times

Advertisements

Syracuse Center of Excellence (COE) in Environmental Systems - Syracuse (Almond Street Side)

Syracuse Center of Excellence - Erie Blvd Side
Multi-Tenant Office Building (Spencer Street) - Syracuse Lakefront

Liberty Resources' Brownell Center for Behavorial Health (James Street) - Syracuse
Attached Thumbnails
Syracuse Construction Update-dscf0628.jpg   Syracuse Construction Update-dscf0625.jpg   Syracuse Construction Update-dscf0617.jpg   Syracuse Construction Update-dscf0596.jpg   Syracuse Construction Update-dscf0595.jpg  

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2009, 04:50 PM

93,193 posts, read 123,783,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RollsRoyce View Post
Syracuse Center of Excellence (COE) in Environmental Systems - Syracuse (Almond Street Side)

Syracuse Center of Excellence - Erie Blvd Side
Multi-Tenant Office Building (Spencer Street) - Syracuse Lakefront

Liberty Resources' Brownell Center for Behavorial Health (James Street) - Syracuse
I didn't know about the building on Spencer Street. There are more buildings going up than I thought.

Old 05-30-2009, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
I didn't know about the building on Spencer Street. There are more buildings going up than I thought.
There was an article in the Central New York Business Journal (www.cnybj.com). Even though most developments are scooped by the Post-Standard, this website has some local business news that you won't find anywhere else.

I stumbled upon the building after seeing it from I-690. Even though these city structures such as the Center of Excellence, Jefferson Clinton Commons, Washington Station and the Children's Hospital are shorter than I would like, these and other recent developments including the Holiday Inn Express on Bridge Street, the Hampton Inn between Erie Blvd East and I-690, and the new Beacon Federal Headquarters on Bridge Street are giving Syracuse and its first ring suburbs some much needed density and height (where appropriate of course). As Bellfinzi often says, Syracuse does not show well from the highway and other major gateways utilized by tourists, business people, and the media. Although this can be said for many cities, hopefully these developments and renovations will bring some change. After being away from some time, driving along I-690, I-481 (near the Bone & Joint Center) and I-81 (near University Hill) already look much better than they did 5 years ago.

Old 05-31-2009, 02:14 PM

2,440 posts, read 5,757,375 times
While on errands today... the East Syracuse new construction:

Beacon Federal Credit Union

Walmart's new, softer tan color... as ckhthankgod mentioned earlier, it's much easier on the eyes and not so obvious that it's there

Aldi's - new in the past year or so

Beacon is next door to Aldi's... this is the view from the parking lot toward it

Last edited by proulxfamily; 05-31-2009 at 03:13 PM..

Old 07-23-2009, 02:36 PM

580 posts, read 1,173,116 times
Anything new from up north? I understand Washington Station has broken ground.

Also, what's the story on this Hampton Inn near Erie and Midler? I'm not aware of any road access or infrastructure out there; that area looks to be a massive DPW mulching site.

Old 07-23-2009, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland Park View Post

Also, what's the story on this Hampton Inn near Erie and Midler? I'm not aware of any road access or infrastructure out there; that area looks to be a massive DPW mulching site.
I believe that they will build a road to the hotel from Erie Boulevard.

Old 07-23-2009, 02:59 PM

Quote:

I was visiting family in town last weekend and noticed the Hampton Inn was probably 90% completed. I didn't notice a driveway, however my vantage point last Saturday was from I-690. Considering the hotel's neighbors (DPW site and other derelict buildings); it's definitely an improvement.

The Children's Hospital and East Wing tower is nearly complete. The tower's blue glass facade greatly improves the University Hill skyline and is easy to spot from other highways.

According to an article I read recently, the Yates Hotel and In & Out building redevelopment is near completion.
Downtown Syracuse Development Showcase | Planned Project Details& I wasn't able to check on progress, though.

Old 07-23-2009, 03:23 PM

Now if there could be some work done to the Mizpah Towers in Downtown. It is sad to see that nice building get no attention. Tree Grows From Abused Syracuse Landmark - Opinion Blog

Old 07-23-2009, 04:17 PM

1,002 posts, read 1,997,025 times
Quote:

When I drove by the other day there's a Coming Soon sign on Erie with what looks like a long road/driveway in, coming out right near Chuck E Cheese and Dougherty's Masqeurade. It's much closer to the Thompson end than to Midler.

Old 07-24-2009, 07:17 AM

580 posts, read 1,173,116 times
Ah, I see; I guess I misremembered the cross street. Google maps shows a right-of-way between those two parcels; hopefully it's a bit more walkable and urban than the current Boulevard lay-out. Nice to see infill, but I'd hate to think Hilton is just throwing up a generic mid-rate property for people who want to drive down the Boulevard for all their dining and shopping. Wonder if it's Dewitt or Syracuse; pretty close to the line.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area