Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2023, 11:08 AM

93,488 posts, read 124,229,264 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellafinzi View Post
It is inspirational to look at beautiful looking modern cities with great architecture. Of course you don't copy every building exactly.
That doesn't necessarily get people to move to the city/area though.

Do you have some buildings that you are referring to locally?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2023, 12:37 PM

3,517 posts, read 9,433,966 times
Good First impression = Positive Reputation, Good Positive Energy directed toward the city in people's mind

Good and Love energy = Prosperity and Creation

All is Mind

Everything in creation is energy

Love Creates

Hate Destroys

Everyone's thoughts effect reality and change the luck of a place

Old 07-25-2023, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Good First impression = Positive Reputation, Good Positive Energy directed toward the city in people's mind

Good and Love energy = Prosperity and Creation

All is Mind

Everything in creation is energy

Love Creates

Hate Destroys

Everyone's thoughts effect reality and change the luck of a place
Sure, but can you give examples of buildings you are referring to? Meaning, in terms of buildings in the city/area that don't reflect that and those that do. Again, some of this may come down to taste or preference.

Old 07-30-2023, 09:49 AM

https://austin.culturemap.com/news/r...al-ideas-cost/

The top 10 cities with the best curb appeal are:

No. 1 – Atlanta, Georgia
No. 2 – Austin, Texas
No. 3 – Charlotte, North Carolina
No. 4 – Washington, D.C.
No. 5 – Dallas-Fort Worth, Texas
No. 6 – Baltimore, Maryland
No. 7 – Seattle, Washington
No. 8 – Orlando, Florida
No. 9 – Tampa, Florida
No. 10 – Raleigh-Durham, North Carolina

Old 07-30-2023, 10:17 AM

Is that going to automatically bring people to the area? I ask, because other things took place to bring people to those areas.

Plus, this may have to be put into perspective: “Thumbtack partnered with Nextdoor to ask more than 1,000 homeowners to set tangible values to curb appeal: both how much they care, and what kind of exterior home improvements have the most influence. It also ranked cities on how much they spend.”

So, this is basically a home improvement/landscaping survey.

Last edited by ckhthankgod; 07-30-2023 at 10:30 AM..

Old 08-11-2023, 09:03 AM

Not caring is exactly the attitude of people who place funtion over form and leads to ugly looking cities wealthy educated people don't want to live in.

Who wants to live a random Russian former Soviet city
filled with only brutalist Soviet style architecture when they live in Paris or Dubai? Beauty matters and the fact that you say who cares actually makes my point. People in the Syracuse area should care. Syracuse is being supported by architecture from over 100 years ago to impress people and to look nice.

Why not continue the tradition of beautiful architecture that we had almost 100 years.

Beauty = symmetry

Therefore buildings that are designed symmetrical are more attractive! I know it is common sense but I feel like many people in the Syracuse area haven't fully realized this yet.

Old 08-11-2023, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Not caring is exactly the attitude of people who place funtion over form and leads to ugly looking cities wealthy educated people don't want to live in.

Who wants to live a random Russian former Soviet city
filled with only brutalist Soviet style architecture when they live in Paris or Dubai? Beauty matters and the fact that you say who cares actually makes my point. People in the Syracuse area should care. Syracuse is being supported by architecture from over 100 years ago to impress people and to look nice.

Why not continue the tradition of beautiful architecture that we had almost 100 years.

Beauty = symmetry

Therefore buildings that are designed symmetrical are more attractive! I know it is common sense but I feel like many people in the Syracuse area haven't fully realized this yet.
It isn't about caring so much as it isn't the main priority of the building. What actually attracts educated people are industries, institutions and innovative resources, like the building in the article.

Syracuse isn't close to being brutalist in terms of architecture and there are modern buildings in the city. So, it isn't an all or nothing situation in that regard.

I don't know if it is a matter of not realizing or if people in the area actually realize what is going on or is already built in the city. That's the thing around here, as many people stay in their own area of town or may not be familiar with projects that are going on or planned for the city. Again, this thread illustrates the changes that have been occurring in the city/area for some years now: https://www.city-data.com/forum/syra...on-thread.html

Old 08-11-2023, 10:50 AM

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BbujS7NChAQ

I like the design but I think it had a chance to look even better with a few minor changes.

Old 08-11-2023, 11:02 AM

Quote:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BbujS7NChAQ

I like the design but I think it had a chance to look even better with a few minor changes.
There is more footage/information in the Downtown Syracuse thread about the building. It is coming along quite well and has some tenants already lined up.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/65509287-post30.html

Old 08-11-2023, 11:48 AM

I like the design of this apartment building. Should improve the look and feel of that neighborhood. See it at the about the 14 minute mark

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PhJavfltLRw

I'm not overly impressed with the design but it is better than most of the new SU student housing buildings from the past 10 years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area