Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2023, 05:20 AM

2,208 posts, read 2,150,606 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmgg View Post
You're right on my part. I'm sure the words were too difficult to memorize due to having never tried to sing it before.
What makes me laugh is how common it is to have NFL or MLB players concentrate on their jobs and get ready for the game, but no one would complain. Only when it is a women's soccer team do they complain. It is what it is, hatred.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2023, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodyslm View Post
where do super rich get rich the most in fifa or usa capitalistic system
Why would they be any different? Why would you ask which? Why would you not ask about super rich in europe, where it is far easier to exploit emerging markets than it is in the US. The rich get richer everywhere, until there is a revolution to take it from them by force. Not that I am in favor of such, I would fight it with all that I am. But it is a fact. I do well financially in the system that I was raised in. I like to think if I was born in europe or asia I would do the same. But again, soccer.

Old 07-26-2023, 07:02 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,358,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by S6T1R View Post
The USWNT and all leftists are a bunch of commies too, you clown.

.AKA: MAJOR suppliers of US consumer goods.

Old 07-26-2023, 09:21 PM

4,665 posts, read 3,859,819 times
Well that was a nail biter. I was worried US was going to go down 2-0, but they regrouped at the half & played better in the 2nd half.

Old 07-27-2023, 05:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwinter View Post
Well that was a nail biter. I was worried US was going to go down 2-0, but they regrouped at the half & played better in the 2nd half.
Yes, second half was a different game. Lavelle needs to play full games. She is a huge upgrade in the middle of the field. The absence of Saeurbrunn is very noticeable. Still, the attach in the second half was what I hoped for.

Old 07-27-2023, 05:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodyslm View Post
we you try to say difference is fifa is corrupt And billioneres like middle easterners come and corupt football and fifa and usa is bastion of freedom and free marker blah blah blajh lol
Wow, you really do not know much about soccer or america. Best to you, I am done here.

Old 07-27-2023, 06:14 AM

So the way it stands, the US needs a win or a tie against Portugal to advance to the knockouts. They have a +2 goal differential over the Netherlands. As long as they match the Dutch and stay within 2 goals of whatever teh Dutch do, they win the group. But even second place is not bad.

For the knockout we get Group G, which is likely to be Sweden or Italy, but not set yet. Sweden is good, and they always give the US a hard time. Italy has a strong midfield, which is a weakness for us with Ertz playing in Sauerbrunn's center back role.
but even if we get past the first game, the Round of 8 might go through Spain. Spain looks incredible. I do not think we are the better team against Spain. Lots left to play, I just like to thin about possibilities.

Old 07-27-2023, 09:52 AM

2,393 posts, read 1,561,850 times
great game between Nigeria and Australia, makes the Canadian Aussie game very important to the green and gold BTW I am very impressed with Nigeria. Tough to play against, very fit and can score

Old 07-27-2023, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by porterjack View Post
great game between Nigeria and Australia, makes the Canadian Aussie game very important to the green and gold BTW I am very impressed with Nigeria. Tough to play against, very fit and can score
That was an excellent game. I am pulling for the Aussies but Canada is good. Winner is advancing.

Old 07-28-2023, 08:12 AM

2,393 posts, read 1,561,850 times
just watched China beat Haiti, I think the Haitians were hard done by with some calls that could have resulted in a PK. The result guarantees England a spot in the final 16
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer