Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2023, 04:11 PM

2,208 posts, read 2,150,606 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodyslm View Post
and what do they want. man go through all criticism and be yes maam forever from now on because pink one and american national team said so lol they should stop living in their imaginary world and if they need to be see as stupid at least be seen that way at nwsl match and not during world cup that is world wide event
I suppose you are speaking some language in your head, but its not one I understand.

What all decent human beings want is very simple, every person gets treated equally, with human dignity afforded to all. Its not hard, and its not only Megan Rapinoe who wants it. No imaginary world. Only a world where equality is afforded because of hard work in terms of pay and other benefits and working conditions. But I guess the facts of US Soccer not being the NWSL and the NWSL not being US Soccer is lost on you. At least that is what I could make out from that post.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2023, 05:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodyslm View Post
if that is true that everybody is oppressed according to pink one and american nt then those poeple would stend up but they do not because they are not and fifa needs take control of football. because allowing pink ones too bully and intimidate other nations to stand up and fight ad making it like nations should come to usa nt for change and direction of sport will back fire at fifa. they made s arabia cancel their contract do to americans and if i was soudi i would not give fifa money anymore because it is not fifa that are running things in football but american alphabet people and angry girls.i mean they going around pointing fingers at all the different countries that they think need to change like they are citizents of those countries or something
Your lies are sad and transparent. No one bullies and intimidates other nations. They inspire others to stand up and fight for recognition and equality. The English women are just as responsible as the US women.
Possibly more. It was literally illegal for women to play football in England in my lifetime, yet now they have the best women's football league in the world, making profits for their owners and making the athletes more income than anywhere else. Just like the mends EPL, England is again showing the world how to develop a great league in women's football. I suppose if a nation enjoys poverty and losing money, they should ignore women's football. But a it has been proven to make money, I would think everyone would support it. But if you believe that Saudi Arabia and its system of human rights is something the world should aspire to, you do you. But yes, I will proudly point my fingers at countries like Russia and Saudi Arabia and tell them that murder is wrong, oppression is wrong, even though I am not a citizen of those countries. To me it is odd that you support rape and murder by Russians or Saudis or anyone else, I thought all humans would oppose such things, regardless of where they live.

Old 07-24-2023, 06:53 AM

4,860 posts, read 6,920,067 times
Well, well, well, I see that the USA soccer b*tches once again refuse to sing our national anthem.

I can remember when this team back in the Mia Hamm, Brand Chastain days were the darlings of the USA sports world. Now, there is no team more repulsive. Half of the U.S. roots against them, with good reason.

Old 07-24-2023, 07:10 AM

1,538 posts, read 867,371 times
For the first time ever there are two CONCACAF teams playing in the same group F, Panama and Jamaica. Normally this is reserved for UEFA since they field more teams than there are group stages available.

Old 07-24-2023, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancerman View Post
For the first time ever there are two CONCACAF teams playing in the same group F, Panama and Jamaica. Normally this is reserved for UEFA since they field more teams than there are group stages available.
Jamaica looked great. Sadly Bunny Shaw got a second yellow in the match, so she will miss the next match against Panama. But if the teams plays as well as they did against France, they can win without her. Setting up a huge match against Brazil. The Reggie Girls, as they are called in their homeland, did well to draw to a point. If France bounces back and beats Marta and Brazil, that last game will be a must see for me.

The expansion to 32 teams lets much more of the world get exposure to women's football. Germany looked incredible this morning.

Old 07-24-2023, 08:24 AM

78,347 posts, read 60,539,645 times
For anyone confused by FIFA you need to start from a point of basic understanding.

They are horribly corrupt.

Now their actions will make a lot more sense.

Old 07-24-2023, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
For anyone confused by FIFA you need to start from a point of basic understanding.

They are horribly corrupt.

Now their actions will make a lot more sense.
Sadly the two biggest international sports organizations, the Olympics and FIFA, both have proven to be corrupt. They can be bought with big money.

Old 07-24-2023, 10:13 AM

78,347 posts, read 60,539,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.strangelove View Post
Sadly the two biggest international sports organizations, the Olympics and FIFA, both have proven to be corrupt. They can be bought with big money.
Very true.

Getting back to the US Womens team, what turned me off was the dishonest public fight with US Soccer over pay.

When you go out trying to malign everyone as mysoginistic and make patently dishonest claims like making the same money as men but then point to a small aspect of revenues...it's an unpleasant accusation to say the least and drags upon the whole organization.

You grow a sport or movement by attracting a broad array of people to it, moreso than maligning large portions of the US population.

Now Rapinoe is frankly kicking a large chunk of her fanbase over allowing trans men in womens sports which now that things have calmed down pretty much everyone outside of the far fringe is beginning to recognize as flawed at best.

Old 07-24-2023, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Very true.

Getting back to the US Womens team, what turned me off was the dishonest public fight with US Soccer over pay.

When you go out trying to malign everyone as mysoginistic and make patently dishonest claims like making the same money as men but then point to a small aspect of revenues...it's an unpleasant accusation to say the least and drags upon the whole organization.

You grow a sport or movement by attracting a broad array of people to it, moreso than maligning large portions of the US population.

Now Rapinoe is frankly kicking a large chunk of her fanbase over allowing trans men in womens sports which now that things have calmed down pretty much everyone outside of the far fringe is beginning to recognize as flawed at best.
There was no dishonesty in the fight over equal pay. And no one EVER argued that "everyone as mysoginistic." But there is NOTHING patently dishonest about its claims that they were being paid less than men.

US Soccer makes money each year from a variety of sources, including deals with sponsors, tickets to events, and prizes from tournaments. But if I went to a USWNT game and bought a US Soccer hat that did not specifically say it was USWNT, just a good old red, white, and blue US Soccer hat, US Soccer claimed it was a mens team sale. Even though it was sold at a USWNT game. Instead of dividing all revenue into baskets, all the US Women asked was that US Soccer put all of the money into one basket and pay everyone the same, give everyone the same benefits, give everyone the same playing conditions, and give everyone the same levels of coaching, medical care, and support. What US Soccer did when led by the fool Carlos Cordeiro was say that the women were worth less than the men when in fact they are worth far more on a per game basis. In fact, if the US Women win this world cup, they will make less money than they did in 2019 because they now share it with the men. And the men now get paternity leave and can bring their children on the road to be better fathers. What is unpleasant is lying about what the issues in dispute were.

And I will stand by the massive growth of support by the USWNT and how it has in fact attracted a broad array of people and has maligned a tiny percentage of fools that believe women are in fact worth less as an investment vehicle in sports than men.

Now Rapinoe is a human being. I frankly adore her playing style and support most of what she has said. Though I disagree with any position allowing persons born men who began to transition to women after the onset of puberty, to compete in women's sports for the same scientific reasons I am against doping. Every male athlete on the planet has doped, just naturally. The resulting impact on bone length and density, muscle mass and density, and heart size with the related influx of red blood cells and oxygen in the body during activity, gives an unfair advantage over people who did not dope by essentially being born with male sex organs. But just because I disagree with her does not mean I will call her disgusting names and claim she is a bad human being. She has lived a public life, and an exemplary public life at that. She has worked hard on her physical and mental game, and has indeed inspired my daughter to do so. Just having a disagreement is not kicking a large chunk of a fanbase. Not agreeing with everything a person does is not the same thing as disrespecting them.

Last edited by dr.strangelove; 07-24-2023 at 11:55 AM..

Old 07-24-2023, 05:35 PM

39 posts, read 37,076 times
The improvement from 2019 to now by Jamaica was huge
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer