Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 06:29 AM

62,976 posts, read 29,170,163 times

Advertisements

Why would anyone living in Calif. or elsewhere in this country sole language be Spanish? How do they work without knowing English and countless other things? Let's face it Calif. making Spanish one of the official languages of our state is to accommodate illegal alien Spanish speakers of which we have the largest number of in our state.

Calif. is just being PC and it's BS! We have plenty of foreigners here that don't speak Spanish why just make Spanish an official language of this state? It's as I said in my first paragraph.

Old Today, 07:00 AM

4,395 posts, read 1,703,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SEAandATL View Post
I thought California had its own language, which is Valley Girl and surfer dude talk, lol
Yep, and they passed this law to keep “Cheech” from becoming the de facto language.

Old Today, 07:01 AM

2,532 posts, read 1,866,746 times
Cuz English is raycyst.

Old Today, 11:58 AM

62,976 posts, read 29,170,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridarebel View Post
Cuz English is raycyst.
Maybe some people think that way but IMO, it's that many Hispanics would like to see Spanish as our identifying language, not English. Reconquista is alive and well. If illegal immigration from south of our border is allowed to continue unabated they will get their wish.

Old Today, 02:02 PM

46,968 posts, read 26,011,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattja View Post
It looks pretty clear to me: "... common language of the state is preserved and enhanced" means English should be promoted at all levels, and if other languages are requested, their printing and distribution should not be on California taxpayers.
That's not what "preserve and enhance" means to most English speakers.

Does match the modern US conservative mindset, though. Alternatives to their preferences aren't merely alternatives, they're threats.

Old Today, 02:33 PM

30,360 posts, read 51,964,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattja View Post
I guess we can't talk about California issues in the California forum. lol
Not when it delves into whining about "illegals," as I knew it would. It belongs here in P&OC, where you're in good company with others of your mindset.

OldGlory should be your new BFF!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies