Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2023, 05:05 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 24 days ago)

35,729 posts, read 18,082,654 times

Advertisements

This is an interesting article. His friend, who also took a CDL class, reminds Perry that creating a situation where you have to shoot to defend yourself is "not a good shoot".

https://www.austinchronicle.com/news...-a-few-people/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2023, 05:08 PM

515 posts, read 257,372 times
I have a tear in my eye soldier. I am with you, so let them come for us.

Old 04-08-2023, 05:13 PM

27,210 posts, read 15,385,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Who brings a rifle to a "peaceful protest"?

I just scanned the article but it seems that Perry dropped off a uber rider and then his car was swarmed by an angry mob and Foster pointed the rifle at Perry who then exited his car to find Foster and Perry shot him?

I wonder what would have happened to Perry if instead of shooting Foster he instead in a fit of Fear from the mob that was blocking his car floored it and ran over Foster?

I don't know why these angry mobs are even allowed to form because nothing good comes from them.

I saw one on the news last night were idiots were stopping cars, holding up signs and banging on the windows. Oh yeah I'm sure that you people that are protesting for Trans Rights are going to change minds by scaring drivers. We should be allowed to drive through these morons.

If Perry had done that he wouldn't be going to prison.
....or if he had shot and robbed some innocent in DA Bragg's jurisdiction.

Old 04-08-2023, 05:16 PM

27,210 posts, read 15,385,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
From the Chairman of the TX GOP https://mobile.twitter.com/MattRinaldiTX
Go Abbott!

The Left's reign of terror should not be tolerated.

Old 04-08-2023, 05:25 PM

18,561 posts, read 7,404,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
The prosecution claimed that Perry "provoked" the exchange by honking his horn and driving down the same road that BLM folk were on. But Perry was driving down a public accessway that was illegally being blocked by BLM protesters. That's not illegal and he had every right to be there. Nor is honking your horn. You don't provoke in this manner by lawfully and peacefully being somewhere that you're allowed to be. Perry would have provoked had he aggressively tried to drive his car through the crowd and they reacted in self defense, after which he shot someone. But none of that happened.
The part in bold is contrary to law and, if that's how the prosecution argued the case, the case will be reversed on appeal.

Old 04-08-2023, 05:30 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 24 days ago)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago Bob View Post
I have a tear in my eye soldier. I am with you, so let them come for us.
Do you realize that Garrett Foster was also former military? Honorably discharged from the air force to care for his medical needs girlfriend.

Old 04-08-2023, 06:08 PM

1,907 posts, read 2,045,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Do you realize that Garrett Foster was also former military? Honorably discharged from the air force to care for his medical needs girlfriend.
Then he should have known better than to be threatening people with a rifle.

Old 04-08-2023, 06:16 PM

19,735 posts, read 10,171,428 times
If he pointed a rifle at me, I would have shot him. Difference here is that no jury would convict.

Old 04-08-2023, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justanokie View Post
Then he should have known better than to be threatening people with a rifle.
There are those who say he wasn't - that the rifle his pointed down.

There is a fuzzy picture, and it's difficult to tell.

Walking around carrying an obviously visible gun is perfectly legal here, and that's what many witnesses said he was doing.

Old 04-08-2023, 06:31 PM

31,134 posts, read 22,174,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
If he pointed a rifle at me, I would have shot him. Difference here is that no jury would convict.
Any ANTIFA Freak deserves to be 6 foot under. They have been causing trouble burning business and attacking Police for years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies