Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2023, 04:23 PM

7,903 posts, read 7,875,928 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by alinefx View Post
Also, between 181 and Fort Washington and 190 and Cabrini is ULTRA safe, other than the now -recurring car wheel jacking. Historically it’s been really safe. Only during the pandemic did it spike, but that can be said about the rest of the city.

I just went to see 5 Pointz. The court square stop next to it is like a fish market - in 20 years of living here, the 181 st stop on Fort Washington has never resembled that insanity that I saw there. Took 5 mins just to reach the platform from street level due to the foot traffic, whereas it takes 1 min to get 150 feet underground here. Plus, nothing can match the natural beauty of fort tryon, inwood hill and riverbank parks here. It’s like your way away from Manhattan while being here.
i need to bring myself over to see 5 pointz, but I've been enamored by Astoria, along with LIC, past the mf QB projects of course. 5pointz looked so promising but I hear a looot of unsavory sh** about it. nope.
190th is loooooud af. all them gd restaurants, bars, and barber shops that stay open late. i'd pass living over there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2023, 04:27 PM

31,897 posts, read 26,926,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alinefx View Post
Also, between 181 and Fort Washington and 190 and Cabrini is ULTRA safe, other than the now -recurring car wheel jacking. Historically it’s been really safe. Only during the pandemic did it spike, but that can be said about the rest of the city.

I just went to see 5 Pointz. The court square stop next to it is like a fish market - in 20 years of living here, the 181 st stop on Fort Washington has never resembled that insanity that I saw there. Took 5 mins just to reach the platform from street level due to the foot traffic, whereas it takes 1 min to get 150 feet underground here. Plus, nothing can match the natural beauty of fort tryon, inwood hill and riverbank parks here. It’s like your way away from Manhattan while being here.
Whose fault is that though?

City and state have been pushing development out in LIC for sometime now; but investment in infrastructure and amenities is sorely lacking.

MTA seriously needs to consider redoing, expanding or whatever Court Street and some other stations out in LIC because things are only going to get worse as more residential springs up out there.

Old 08-19-2023, 11:03 AM

92 posts, read 79,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HellUpInHarlem View Post
i need to bring myself over to see 5 pointz, but I've been enamored by Astoria, along with LIC, past the mf QB projects of course. 5pointz looked so promising but I hear a looot of unsavory sh** about it. nope.
190th is loooooud af. all them gd restaurants, bars, and barber shops that stay open late. i'd pass living over there.
That’s why the quietest area stops where Fort Washington Ave and Cabrini meet at Fort Tryon Park. Anywhere near Broadway, specially at 200 is loud. IIRC, a 2 BR was $2500/mo at 181/Riverside 12 years ago, probably north of $3k now. New construction 2BR on 179 and the friggn bridge @ Pinehurst is $4k. They need to build more affordable lottery units around here as well.

Old 08-19-2023, 11:09 AM

92 posts, read 79,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HellUpInHarlem View Post
5 pointz 1 BR is probably under 500 sq feet in reality. Bedroom can only fit a single/twin, no way a queen or even a chest of drawers. It’s probably less than 10x8 that bedroom, as well as the living room with the awful galley kitchen - its like a cheap version of 1 Blue Slip’s infamous N line - makes that one look enormous in comparison. I didn’t really notice the issues with sound, the windows keep out about 90% of the train noise from the track facing lottery apartments. Amenities are fine as is the location, right across the Trader Joe’s. But that station man… could have been the time tho, as I was there during rush hour. It’s great if you’ve got NO STUFF because only meticulous planning would make that 1BR liveable with furniture. For me, getting used to the grittiness of LIC compared to the natural Beauty of Hudson/Washington heights waterfront is probably the hardest part. I know there is a lottery unit probably being built right now on Cabrini, that would be a good one.

Old 11-19-2023, 06:29 PM

72 posts, read 50,216 times
Ok guess log #s are out! Mines in 1xxxx. Not getting my hopes up much on this one

Old 11-20-2023, 11:52 AM

2 posts, read 1,576 times
I got mine and it is 4X. I’m out of state but I am a NYC employee. Not sure if I should get my hopes up or not.

Old 11-21-2023, 08:29 AM

7,903 posts, read 7,875,928 times
good luck to all. we wanna see pics

Old 11-21-2023, 12:11 PM

49 posts, read 34,275 times
log # 26**

Old 11-23-2023, 06:37 PM

30 posts, read 16,742 times
My log #229

Old 11-24-2023, 10:05 AM

182 posts, read 314,481 times
#72xxx
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery