Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > New Orleans
 [Register]
New Orleans New Orleans - Metairie - Kenner metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-25-2022, 09:10 AM

1,392 posts, read 2,860,270 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by annie_himself View Post
There's many stupid comments in this thread. Too many to quote. Crime is the result of poverty. Not road rage or lack of police. Read a book.
Yea yea, should have listened to my mom, probably be a Dr and rich, lol. Poverty is sumthan I fight against with a crappy job and working side gigs at every chance I get. Doing without, living cheap working all the hours I can. When I'm not working enjoy my time with my wife and dogs in this shack we live in that I've payed for with years and years of working in da baking hot Louisiana sun. Most of my reading comes from Google tic TOC and truthfully you tube and such as I seldom if ever use a mechanic and have self taught myself into a pretty good diy mechanic keeping old cars and trucks running for years longer than most. Also for da ghetto punks also studied up on urban self defense, no soft target here. Guess all these book smart people thank they have the answers, but from down where I'm at they look pretty stupid, and giving thugs a free pass because they are to lazy to go work a hard job in the hot sun just doesn't sit well with me at all.
Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2022, 07:20 PM

16,508 posts, read 26,312,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waitingtundra View Post
Yea yea, should have listened to my mom, probably be a Dr and rich, lol. Poverty is sumthan I fight against with a crappy job and working side gigs at every chance I get. Doing without, living cheap working all the hours I can. When I'm not working enjoy my time with my wife and dogs in this shack we live in that I've payed for with years and years of working in da baking hot Louisiana sun. Most of my reading comes from Google tic TOC and truthfully you tube and such as I seldom if ever use a mechanic and have self taught myself into a pretty good diy mechanic keeping old cars and trucks running for years longer than most. Also for da ghetto punks also studied up on urban self defense, no soft target here. Guess all these book smart people thank they have the answers, but from down where I'm at they look pretty stupid, and giving thugs a free pass because they are to lazy to go work a hard job in the hot sun just doesn't sit well with me at all.
And that's about as stupid as suggesting poverty in 3rd world countries come from people being too lazy to find these magical jobs and work.

Old 09-25-2022, 10:38 PM

No No this thang I got isn't a magical job. It's just plain ol work nuther to brag about. Me and a bunch of men and women pushing along day by day. Truthfully most all of us have second jobs also.
If sumone we're to put a gun in my wife's face to take one of our junky vehicles and hurt or kill her or even if they didn't nobody especially an elected official better sit on the carjackers side in court showing support for the thug. Just another twisted agenda in New Orleans that is basically running the city into the 3rd world ghetto that the city is turning into.

Old 09-26-2022, 07:26 AM

17,620 posts, read 17,674,997 times
Quote:
And that's about as stupid as suggesting poverty in 3rd world countries come from people being too lazy to find these magical jobs and work.
Poverty is a “contributing factor” to some becoming criminals, it isn’t the cause of them becoming criminals. As a kid we were poor enough to receive commodities. I rarely saw my dad because he was driving a big rig. When I got out on my own my first place was a rental trailer I shared with lizards, spiders, slugs, and other wildlife that made their way in through the holes in the floor and walls. Moved up to an efficiency apartment that didn’t have a stove nor refrigerator. I just kept working to move up. Stayed away from drugs, alcohol, and other bad behavior. I have relatives that turned to crime. We tend to cut ties with those relatives until they prove to us they’re genuinely trying to go straight.

Old 09-26-2022, 07:10 PM

4,173 posts, read 2,571,303 times
Quote:
Except we aren't talking about 3rd world countries. We are talking about America. Completely different subject, and incomparable.

Old 09-26-2022, 08:58 PM

16,508 posts, read 26,312,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
Poverty is a “contributing factor” to some becoming criminals, it isn’t the cause of them becoming criminals. As a kid we were poor enough to receive commodities. I rarely saw my dad because he was driving a big rig. When I got out on my own my first place was a rental trailer I shared with lizards, spiders, slugs, and other wildlife that made their way in through the holes in the floor and walls. Moved up to an efficiency apartment that didn’t have a stove nor refrigerator. I just kept working to move up. Stayed away from drugs, alcohol, and other bad behavior. I have relatives that turned to crime. We tend to cut ties with those relatives until they prove to us they’re genuinely trying to go straight.
Poverty and socioeconomic conditions is the reason for crime. Poverty doesn't mean one if destined to be involved in criminal activity but it, and the latter are absolutely major contributors to crime. It is a fact. Yeah, most people in prison come from some type of economic hardship. Middle class people make up such a small part of the prison population due to their education levels and economic opportunities afforded to them. This is all easily researched.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlulu23 View Post
Except we aren't talking about 3rd world countries. We are talking about America. Completely different subject, and incomparable.
Not at all. Crime increases around the world due to lack of economic opportunities. Many of the Somali pirates did it to feed themselves due to the fact that they'd die without doing it. The poorest states in the country, and world, have high crime for a reason. And people with yalls ideology exacerbate that problem.

Old 09-27-2022, 06:55 PM

Yep, you get the idea, by defunding the police department, consent decree for stupid rules of engagement for the few officers u have left, handing out slap on the wrist sentences for thugs committing felony's you are exacerbating the out of control crime in the city. Can we please do anything else to help the gang banging thugs running amuck in da city,

Old 09-27-2022, 08:00 PM

20,109 posts, read 9,018,880 times
Quote:
Poverty and socioeconomic conditions is the reason for crime. Poverty doesn't mean one if destined to be involved in criminal activity but it, and the latter are absolutely major contributors to crime. It is a fact. Yeah, most people in prison come from some type of economic hardship. Middle class people make up such a small part of the prison population due to their education levels and economic opportunities afforded to them. This is all easily researched.

Not at all. Crime increases around the world due to lack of economic opportunities. Many of the Somali pirates did it to feed themselves due to the fact that they'd die without doing it. The poorest states in the country, and world, have high crime for a reason. And people with yalls ideology exacerbate that problem.
you should know .....With a crime rate of 57 per one thousand residents, Denver has one of the highest crime rates in America compared to all communities of all sizes - from the smallest towns to the very largest cities.

Moderator cut: link removed, competitor site

Last edited by Yac; 09-27-2022 at 09:48 PM..

Old 09-30-2022, 11:27 AM

17,620 posts, read 17,674,997 times
Quote:

And yet the wealthy also commit crimes.

Old 10-01-2022, 04:49 AM

50,288 posts, read 47,043,365 times
Quote:
Please. Even the locals in La Jolla have home grown criminals. Lame excuse. Ever heard of drugs?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > New Orleans