Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old Today, 02:30 PM

5,202 posts, read 3,126,645 times

Advertisements

I-n-O sells a quality product at a decent price. They have no franchises, all of their stores are corporate-owned and they operate their own meat packing plant to keep everything consistent. Their burgers are perfectly-balanced and it’s possible to actually taste every ingredient. The messy, “juicy” burgers served at other places might appeal to the dripping grease crowd, but I find them gross.

Old Today, 02:49 PM

20,971 posts, read 28,499,711 times
I think we have a shake shack in Nassau county (LI) but never had it. No in and out on LI

Old Today, 02:52 PM

12,587 posts, read 9,685,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by COcheesehead View Post
Shake Shake. Inn and Out is the most overrated fast food in American.
Except for maybe Sonic drive-ins. I remember when the first one opened up on the North Shore of Mass on Rte 1 maybe 6 years ago - everyone was talking about it and there were long lines... they had carhops on roller skates like all the way back in the 1950s I think, and it seemed like the young-uns were also very interested to work there - I liked the nostalgia of that last part but the food was meh, not terrible, but meh. Within a year, the lines were all gone, and the carhops were gone too. They have survived somehow since that dropoff, but I don't think they are making much money at this site anyways. Even McDonalds and BK are better than Sonic for burgers.

Old Today, 03:01 PM

8,553 posts, read 4,788,365 times
In n out. Which isn’t just because I think the burgers are delicious…it’s comparable quality for a TON less money. Burger, fries, and a shake was somewhere around $30 which is not a stupid amount less than I spent for a meal for three at In n out. Also, crinkle cut fries?! Really? I don’t want Sysco foodservice fries if you’re going to act and price like a premium product; otherwise you’re just a marketing thing and not a burger joint which chases quality. I liked my meal at Shake Shack, but the value isn’t there and I am definitely not interested in visiting again.

Old Today, 05:01 PM

970 posts, read 578,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcp123 View Post
Also, crinkle cut fries?! Really? I don’t want Sysco foodservice fries if you’re going to act and price like a premium product
Agreed.

All crinkle cut fries taste the same to me.

Old Today, 05:03 PM

17,419 posts, read 22,168,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by littletraveller View Post
Which do you like better, and why?
I have been to In/Out twice and I really don't get it. Its like a McDonalds with a very limited menu.

Old Today, 05:05 PM

11,751 posts, read 6,124,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by City Guy997S View Post
I have been to In/Out twice and I really don't get it. Its like a McDonalds with a very limited menu.
It is like MacDonalds but with more flavor and much fresher ingredients. For an identical price.

Bonus: much nicer staff and never rude treatment.

Old Today, 05:10 PM

970 posts, read 578,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by City Guy997S View Post
McDonalds hops on all the trends. If you want to go to a burger place to have a peach smoothie with your gluten free bagel, be my guest.

In N Out is not about that. It sticks with a simple product, a low price and it all just WORKS.

Old Today, 06:06 PM

2,520 posts, read 2,731,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OutdoorLover View Post
Except for maybe Sonic drive-ins. I remember when the first one opened up on the North Shore of Mass on Rte 1 maybe 6 years ago - everyone was talking about it and there were long lines... they had carhops on roller skates like all the way back in the 1950s I think, and it seemed like the young-uns were also very interested to work there - I liked the nostalgia of that last part but the food was meh, not terrible, but meh. Within a year, the lines were all gone, and the carhops were gone too. They have survived somehow since that dropoff, but I don't think they are making much money at this site anyways. Even McDonalds and BK are better than Sonic for burgers.
Agree. Who eats at Sonic?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink