Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2017, 03:04 PM

29,266 posts, read 16,764,479 times

Advertisements

I'd like to keep this about Vit C and it's many uses. These days I take 2-3K spread thru the day.

Combination of antibiotic plus vitamin C found 100x more effective at killing cancer cells than chemotherapy ? NaturalNews.com

For Heart, Cholesterol etc.

Vitamin C - preventer of heart disease, high cholesterol and more!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2017, 06:57 PM

5,644 posts, read 13,231,635 times
The "Vitamin Myth" continues....

Evidence involving tens of thousands of people randomly assigned in many clinical trials shows that β-carotene, vitamin E, and possibly high doses of vitamin A supplements increase mortality (6, 7) and that other antioxidants (6), folic acid and B vitamins (8), and multivitamin supplements (1, 5) have no clear benefit.
Enough Is Enough: Stop Wasting Money on Vitamin and Mineral Supplements | Annals of Internal Medicine | American College of Physicians

Old 06-15-2017, 10:12 AM

I think I can add some stuff to the journal I started.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2682928/

Again, I'm still one of "them" who does not fear the cholesterol our bodies need.

In my case, my MD started to check homocysteine levels a few yrs and they were elevated so I've worked with supps and got that level to a very optimal place.

Last edited by jaminhealth; 06-15-2017 at 10:28 AM..

Old 06-15-2017, 11:27 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,889,616 times
Thumbs up *** Thanks jaminhealth ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
Thanks for the links. Mrs Aks & I both have high cholesterol and need to get it lower. We're going to give it a try.

Old 06-16-2017, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
Thanks for the links. Mrs Aks & I both have high cholesterol and need to get it lower. We're going to give it a try.
Personally I've been taking Vit C for years. Recently upped to my present 2-3K daily due to a lot of discussion on another health group who are Majorally holistic in healing. Wouldn't it be great if you saw a reduction but again I don't believe cholesterol is a big issue for heart health.

Old 06-16-2017, 09:46 AM

18,530 posts, read 18,761,435 times
What then does anyone think of this being given to some cancer patients in trials..that mimicks folic acid..

https://www.royalmarsden.nhs.uk/news...ts-early-trial

Old 06-16-2017, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
What then does anyone think of this being given to some cancer patients in trials..that mimicks folic acid..

https://www.royalmarsden.nhs.uk/news...ts-early-trial
This has been discussed a lot here in the U.S. and I just don't know so won't say what I think. You can find so much info on this higher dosing of Vit C in cancer patients. I didn't hear about it mimicks F.A. Interesting. I'll read thru it more and maybe pass it on to my other health group who love to be UP on all treatments out there.

I don't see mention of Vit C in this trial:

https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT02360345

Actually I feel what would be best for cancer treatments is finding a doctor who is OPEN to both methods of treatments. Grape seed extract is 50times more powerful than Vit C and I'm banking on it. Hope I'm right. Often wish my sil would have heard me on the grape seed ex years ago, he may be alive today..died after 6 months of aggressive treatments. My grandkids could have their dad in their lives...

Last edited by jaminhealth; 06-16-2017 at 11:01 AM..

Old 12-12-2017, 08:43 AM

13,511 posts, read 19,287,554 times
It ain't no myth that vitamin C has proven curative for many ailments.
You can believe it and partake, or you can disbelieve it and go with the synthetic chemical pharmaceuticals instead.,,,thankfully adults still have that choice.
Most doctors want you to go with the chemicals because they're getting huge perks for pushing them.

Old 12-12-2017, 04:18 PM

689 posts, read 974,067 times
I've always taken some kind of vitamin C as part of my daily regimen, but I have a sensitive stomach. I recently started taking Ester C, a version containing calcium ascorbate, known for being more buffered and easier on the stomach. So far, it really does feel more gentle.

Just wondering if anyone has had any experience with this?

I take if for:

* Overall immune support - larger doses to help ward of cold viruses
* Collagen formation (maybe helping with wrinkle formation and cell turnover)
* Minor skin and tissue healing
* Help protect joints, bones and teeth (helps absorb calcium)

Additionally, large-dose vitamin C injections are part of today's holistic cancer treatment protocol and many integrative docs are reporting good results. Not suggesting that this, necessarily, replaces chemo but definitely something I will try (along with other things) if I ever need it.

Old 04-16-2018, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsmith21 View Post
The body uses vitamin C in many different ways. Vitamin C is needed by the body to form collagen. According to the NIH, the body also uses vitamin C to make skin, tendons, ligaments and blood vessels. It also uses this vitamin to repair and maintain cartilage, bones and teeth, to heal wounds.
I don't miss a day of Vit C and most days 2K plus my other antioxidants.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals