Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2018, 08:49 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,733,896 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaylaM View Post
I've always taken some kind of vitamin C as part of my daily regimen, but I have a sensitive stomach. I recently started taking Ester C, a version containing calcium ascorbate, known for being more buffered and easier on the stomach. So far, it really does feel more gentle.

Just wondering if anyone has had any experience with this?

I take if for:

* Overall immune support - larger doses to help ward of cold viruses
* Collagen formation (maybe helping with wrinkle formation and cell turnover)
* Minor skin and tissue healing
* Help protect joints, bones and teeth (helps absorb calcium)

Additionally, large-dose vitamin C injections are part of today's holistic cancer treatment protocol and many integrative docs are reporting good results. Not suggesting that this, necessarily, replaces chemo but definitely something I will try (along with other things) if I ever need it.
Make Special Note of last two Paragraphs of Dr. Levy's Vit C commentary.

https://www.peakenergy.com/articles/...with-vitamin-C
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2018, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
Personally I've been taking Vit C for years. Recently upped to my present 2-3K daily due to a lot of discussion on another health group who are Majorally holistic in healing. Wouldn't it be great if you saw a reduction but again I don't believe cholesterol is a big issue for heart health.
And know too, there is a lot of info on this cholesterol myth out there to put more fear in us. Lots of info on H&W forever going on. Our bodies need cholesterol and that includes our brains.

Old 09-06-2018, 01:12 PM

5,644 posts, read 13,223,319 times
Quote:
Make Special Note of last two Paragraphs of Dr. Levy's Vit C commentary.

https://www.peakenergy.com/articles/...with-vitamin-C
The last 2 paragraphs are the same as the other preceding paragraphs....

Pseudoscientific babble and unproven nonsense...

Vitamin C isn't the magical wonder drug that it's religious adherents believe it to be and Levy is a certified quack....

"It is interesting to note that Thomas E Levy, who trained as a medical doctor in the 70’s and then qualified as a lawyer in the mid 90’s, states on his CV, which is available to download on his website, that he is currently an Associate Professor at Capital University of Integrative Medicine (CUIM). Turns out that CUIM was founded by a convicted ********* and closed its operations over five years ago. Furthermore, it was what is known in the industry as a ‘diploma mill’, offering degrees that were not recognised by official educational accrediting bodies. Despite ‘15 years of research’ Dr Levy has not published a single peer-reviewed article on the link between vitamin C and disease."
https://sciblogs.co.nz/infectious-th...ea-yeah-right/

Yep....a true "expert" on the subject.....

Old 09-06-2018, 01:16 PM

A lot of the article talks about IV Vit C and the other about oral dosing. Not the same.

Moderator cut: deleted personal remark about another poster

Last edited by in_newengland; 09-06-2018 at 06:41 PM..

Old 09-06-2018, 06:33 PM

Quote:
A lot of the article talks about IV Vit C and the other about oral dosing. Not the same.
"Your" Dr Levy is one of the biggest proponents of IV Vitamin C dosing which makes him a charlatan and a fraud...

https://riordanclinic.org/videos/dos...ncer-patients/

YOU brought him up and used him as a reference so it "is the same"

Last edited by in_newengland; 09-06-2018 at 06:42 PM..

Old 09-10-2018, 12:05 PM

Lower Blood Pressure and Vit C

https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/news...blood_pressure

The RDA is a puny 90mg daily, or at least it was.

Old 09-10-2018, 02:25 PM

37,105 posts, read 41,238,832 times
The Linus Pauling Institute recommends 400 mg per day.This summarizes what is known about vitamin C:

https://lpi.oregonstate.edu/mic/vitamins/vitamin-C

Doses over 200 mg at one time are not completely absorbed and just pass out in the urine.

Old 09-10-2018, 07:14 PM

Quote:

I personally liked this statement from the article you just linked....

"Nutritional supplements are a $28 billion-a-year industry, and marketing claims, newspaper stories and testimonials often make them hard to resist, Miller says. People often view supplements as a “natural alternative” and preferable to drugs for high blood pressure or other ailments, he adds, despite mounting evidence that many supplements don’t work and in some cases may cause harm."

Followed closely by this one...

“People love to take vitamins regardless of the evidence or lack of it,” Miller says. “We’re trying to raise the bar and provide evidence-based guidance about whether supplements help or actually do harm.” With respect to vitamin C, he says, the jury is still out.

Often helpful to read beyond the title of links you wish to post....

Old 09-10-2018, 08:36 PM

3,075 posts, read 1,542,319 times
My doctor recommended I take vit c even though I eat alot of fruit etc.

Old 09-10-2018, 09:50 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,818,209 times
Quote:

The RDA hasn't been 90 mg/day since 1989.

Unbelievably, it was reduced to 60 mg/day for all but smokers. For them, the RDA is 95 mg/day.

The RDA for Vitamin C is so low, it's laughable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals