Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-28-2021, 12:49 PM

6,675 posts, read 4,283,829 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodysbusiness View Post
I think Newsom is an awesome governor, but it doesn't matter what I think. He was ELECTED by the people of the state of California to serve and I think he's doing fine - yes, the French Laundry incident was a mistake, as he has said (don't recall Trump ever admitting he was wrong doing anything).

ELECTIONS are when the people decide who will serve.

The people whose candidate don't win have to wait for their turn to vote next time - not throw tantrums and waste MILLIONS OF DOLLARS - not to mention time that could be much better spent.

Babies who don't like the cool young guy. So obviously envy. Don't they talk about it in those huge right wing commercial churches?

Do something more productive with your time.

I am furious all of that money is being wasted for what amounts to two-year-old tantrums.
I wonder how you feel about the waste of time and money on two impeachments, one of which was done after Trump was voted out. After all, ELECTIONS are when people decide who will serve.

Both the impeachment’s and the recall are constitutional processes. The fact you are furious means nothing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2021, 12:56 PM

8,620 posts, read 5,661,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike930 View Post
I wonder how you feel about the waste of time and money on two impeachments, one of which was done after Trump was voted out. After all, ELECTIONS are when people decide who will serve.

Both the impeachment’s and the recall are constitutional processes. The fact you are furious means nothing.
There are specific reasons why either procedure would be initiated. The attempts at recall in California (six so far) are obviously frivolous.

The impeachments of Trump were not frivolous. He was impeached twice, as you might or might not recall (no pun intended).

The ONLY reason there is an attempt to recall Newsom is because the people who did not vote for him want another candidate in office (as this thread acknowledges). The republicans who are pushing this are doing it from a popular vote perspective, not as a result of some horrible atrocities Newsom has performed. Their motives are petty and frivolous and they are flexing - simple entitlement - they don't "like" him and don't feel they have to wait for an election to voice their opinions.

And of course my feelings about it are inconsequential - but the money and time wasted on this effort, is not.

I happen to believe in karma and that there will be consequences for such punitive, wasteful efforts.

Old 03-28-2021, 12:58 PM

6,750 posts, read 6,744,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
39.4% of independents is nothing to brag about.
It is when only 34% of Independents oppose.

Old 03-28-2021, 01:01 PM

Quote:
yes, the French Laundry incident was a mistake, as he has said
He did not. He has continually justified having a birthday dinner with a friend, and that they were outdoors when they were in fact indoors. But it's ok to lie I guess as long as he's got a "D" next to this name.

Also, the cost of elections is part of running the state, we don't postpone them or change the state constitution due to budget issues. Moreover, they cost a lot less than the generous pensions given to state workers.

Old 03-28-2021, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Well said.

The only responses I've seen to the facts that our age adjusted death rate is worse than Florida's and that we have the highest unemployment in the lower 48 with the most broken unemployment claims system is something about Trump, QAnon supporters, and nutjobs. This is why Independents, who voted in favor of Newsom, now support the recall. There's no argument to keep him around, so he and his supporters are desperately grabbing for conspiracy theories.

Old 03-28-2021, 01:08 PM

8,620 posts, read 5,661,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheseGoTo11 View Post
He did not. He has continually justified having a birthday dinner with a friend, and that they were outdoors when they were in fact indoors. But it's ok to lie I guess as long as he's got a "D" next to this name.

Also, the cost of elections is part of running the state, we don't postpone them or change the state constitution due to budget issues. Moreover, they cost a lot less than the generous pensions given to state workers.
You had no problem with Trump lying, daily. Thousands of lies.

I actually just heard (last week) Newsom state that going to the French Laundry was a mistake.

You are admitting that this incident is why there is the attempt to recall him. I am saying that is a ridiculous reason and you can just wait for the next ELECTION to throw your tantrum and cry about that incident, ad naseum.

26,758 posts, read 26,856,992 times
Quote:
The only responses I've seen to the facts that our age adjusted death rate is worse than Florida's and that we have the highest unemployment in the lower 48....
You post this over and over. You seem obsessed with Florida's death rate and how it compares to California's.

21,756 posts, read 16,378,713 times
Quote:
He did not [apologize] ...
Gov. Gavin Newsom apologized Monday for attending a birthday party earlier this month, acknowledging his actions undermined the message he’s been preaching for months as he asked other Californians to avoid gathering with their friends and family.

“I made a bad mistake,” Newsom said. “The spirit of what I’m preaching all the time was contradictory, and I’ve got to own that, so I’m going to apologize to you.”

He says he should have acknowledged then that the gathering was too large for him to responsibly attend.

“Instead of sitting down, I should have stood up and walked back, got in my car and drove back to my house,” he said. “I shouldn’t have been there.”...

Asked by a reporter if he’s worried that his actions have tarnished his moral authority to tell other Californians what to do, Newsom said that he is and that moving forward he needs to model better behavior.

Read more here: https://www.sacbee.com/news/politics...#storylink=cpy

Old 03-28-2021, 01:22 PM

6,675 posts, read 4,283,829 times
Quote:
There are specific reasons why either procedure would be initiated. The attempts at recall in California (six so far) are obviously frivolous.

The impeachments of Trump were not frivolous. He was impeached twice, as you might or might not recall (no pun intended).

The ONLY reason there is an attempt to recall Newsom is because the people who did not vote for him want another candidate in office (as this thread acknowledges). The republicans who are pushing this are doing it from a popular vote perspective, not as a result of some horrible atrocities Newsom has performed. Their motives are petty and frivolous and they are flexing - simple entitlement - they don't "like" him and don't feel they have to wait for an election to voice their opinions.

And of course my feelings about it are inconsequential - but the money and time wasted on this effort, is not.

I happen to believe in karma and that there will be consequences for such punitive, wasteful efforts.
The French Laundry was a bonehead thing to do, but typical for politicians. The mayor of SF and Austin did something similar. Ted Cruz is another. Both parties are worthless.

My issue with Newsom is not the FL, but that he kept changing the reopening goals and wouldn’t release the data at first, basically claiming we were all too stupid to understand it. Except for the initial actions, he’s botched the pandemic. He didn’t go by science. The data showed minimal exposure at outdoor dining facilities, but he kept them closed.

The mafioso tactics of Don Pelosi forcing other democrat candidates from running may backfire on them. Even so, the Democrats have a supermajority in the legislature, so a Republican governor couldn’t get much done.

Old 03-28-2021, 01:35 PM

21,756 posts, read 16,378,713 times
Quote:
My issue with Newsom is not the FL, but that he kept changing the reopening goals and wouldn’t release the data at first, basically claiming we were all too stupid to understand it. ...
Ah, ever occur to you that most people might, in fact, BE too stupid to understand much of anything we are experiencing. Not pointing finger specifically at you Mike, but the range of armchair expertise I’ve been reading in these threads doesn’t exactly reflect a majority of deep erudition and stellar intellectual abilities.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California