Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2012, 03:16 PM

4,180 posts, read 14,592,508 times

Advertisements

I suggest to all to read his other posts on the site. (Baltimoreinthehouse2). Probably a bored housewife or dare I say Bawlmer???? I tended not to believe it but one is never sure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2012, 06:43 AM

27 posts, read 49,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rfp View Post
If you have a question about alley repaving, you should call the Baltimore City Department of Transportation Sidewalk and Alley Section at (410) 396-6969.
so i called this number this morning and was told those section 10 provisions only apply to sidewalks and that alleys are "a done deal"..........

Old 05-01-2012, 03:43 PM

781 posts, read 1,195,973 times
Just out of curiosity, what does the alley look like condition-wise? Does it really warrant repair to this extent?

Old 05-01-2012, 07:32 PM

805 posts, read 2,114,594 times
this thread was created by a troll!

Old 05-03-2012, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileVisitor09 View Post
Just out of curiosity, what does the alley look like condition-wise? Does it really warrant repair to this extent?
thats the thing, i dont even recall what the alley looked like before. I didnt even see them out there doing the repairs. Im going to take a picture so u can see what the "new, improved" alley looks like. but im not paying that bill. I was mildly concerned that my home would be eligible for that tax auction in June but after visiting and registering for the site i see that ur home can not be auctioned due to deliqunent Alley paving fee's or enviornmental fee's.

I believe this is due to the fact that they know these bills are nothing more than robbery.

Old 05-03-2012, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrboltonman View Post
this thread was created by a troll!
naw, ur just a simple minded idiot...........

Old 05-03-2012, 09:29 PM

781 posts, read 1,195,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baltimoreisinthehouse2 View Post
thats the thing, i dont even recall what the alley looked like before. I didnt even see them out there doing the repairs. Im going to take a picture so u can see what the "new, improved" alley looks like. but im not paying that bill. I was mildly concerned that my home would be eligible for that tax auction in June but after visiting and registering for the site i see that ur home can not be auctioned due to deliqunent Alley paving fee's or enviornmental fee's.

I believe this is due to the fact that they know these bills are nothing more than robbery.
So they did this without your consent, or, well, didn't at least notify you in advance, and then they foot you the bill? Sounds very Baltimore-esque to me.

Good luck with the fight.

They should focus on repaving the streets in this city that still have monster potholes from Snowmaggedon a few years back. Not alleyways.

Old 05-07-2012, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileVisitor09 View Post
So they did this without your consent, or, well, didn't at least notify you in advance, and then they foot you the bill? Sounds very Baltimore-esque to me.

Yes, and when i called the number posted in this thread i was told that this is standard protocol for alley paving.

The problem is the thousands of idiots in the city who just pay the bill........smh..........its ubsurd

As far as fighting it goes.........im just not paying it, and if it should come up down the line ill address it then

Old 12-29-2016, 10:23 PM

1 posts, read 994 times
I agree that baltimore needs a makeover but not consistently at the cost of overtaxed homeowners. We pay premium prices for subpar conditions. Our taxes that we've all paid and overpaid shows for nothing. Yet everyone is baffled at the exodus from the city. The article states that it is the responsibility of the Dept. Of Transportation to main tain the alleys yet when was the last time you ever saw anyone from the city doing any maintenance....I'll wait. It hasn't happened ever. So they let the city deteriorate only to pass the buck to the tune of 2/3 over to the home owner leaving them a substantial savings. So again where are the taxes going???? Baltimore we need to demand accountability for the spending!

Old 01-20-2017, 11:18 AM

1 posts, read 933 times
i think most residents agree with you. you can contact the city and have them send you a form to complete for a hearing as to why you should not or can not make payment. Unfortunately that is the only option available. IT DOES NOT PAY TO BE A HOMEOWNER IN BALTIMORE CITY.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore