Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Australia and New Zealand
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2010, 08:08 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,106,791 times

Advertisements

Maybe we need a chat thread, seeing that according to CD we need to always stay on topic........

Cornerguy, can this be stickied?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2010, 08:47 PM

10,782 posts, read 8,726,077 times
Okay.

Old 11-16-2010, 09:01 PM

1,094 posts, read 2,260,171 times
Great idea Ozgal .

I am a bit cheesed off as two of my earlier posts "apparently" strayed off topic.....

What shall we chat about then? What is topical in NZ/Oz at the moment?

Rising interest rates?
The death of a character on a major Australian soap?
Oprah's impending visit?

Old 11-16-2010, 09:10 PM

no oprah!

and don't mention the banks

haha what was all that about,someone died on Packed to the Rafters? (i've never seen an episode)

Old 11-16-2010, 09:27 PM

Why don't we mention the banks?

Clyne's got a nice big pay rise and his company's shares are rubbish. I thought they were supposed to be working for the shareholder?

And they all followed along with a nice big interest rise too. NAB a whole .02 less than CBA. Big whoop! From a bank that was so busy trying to reinvent itself as different, and friendly. They're still NABbing Aussies

I'm lucky to not have a variable rate mortgage, and I tend to have some decent savings earning good interest but it's just the whole BS facade they put out there that's annoying.

Old 11-16-2010, 09:40 PM

656 posts, read 2,741,973 times
Great idea Ozgal, we need this! I vote this is made a Sticky

It will make the forum much easier to moderate, you won't have so many people going off topic

Old 11-16-2010, 09:48 PM

Great weather Hairy eh? Back in Perth and one thing I'm grateful for .... Sunshine and predictable weather

Poor Qantas having a run of bad luck these days. Glad my flight didn't hit a bird or have exploding engines. I did give the engines a few wary looks on my flight though.

Old 11-16-2010, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vichel View Post
Why don't we mention the banks?

Clyne's got a nice big pay rise and his company's shares are rubbish. I thought they were supposed to be working for the shareholder?

And they all followed along with a nice big interest rise too. NAB a whole .02 less than CBA. Big whoop! From a bank that was so busy trying to reinvent itself as different, and friendly. They're still NABbing Aussies

I'm lucky to not have a variable rate mortgage, and I tend to have some decent savings earning good interest but it's just the whole BS facade they put out there that's annoying.
its like everyone is suprised they're bastards.

They're all the same, although i'd never bank with Commbank, Id rather keep my money under the bed.

Talk about the weather, looks like sydney is all confused, raining half the day, sun & blue sky for 2 hr --- now clouds creeping back in.

Old 11-16-2010, 10:25 PM

656 posts, read 2,741,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vichel View Post
Great weather Hairy eh? Back in Perth and one thing I'm grateful for .... Sunshine and predictable weather

Poor Qantas having a run of bad luck these days. Glad my flight didn't hit a bird or have exploding engines. I did give the engines a few wary looks on my flight though.
The weather was amazing again at Cottesloe beach this morning, but wasn't game to go for a swim. Not with that shark swimming around the groin yesterday.. didn't stop others though
Cottesloe Beach closed after shark sightings - ABC Perth - Australian Broadcasting Corporation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozgal View Post
its like everyone is suprised they're bastards.

They're all the same, although i'd never bank with Commbank, Id rather keep my money under the bed.

Talk about the weather, looks like sydney is all confused, raining half the day, sun & blue sky for 2 hr --- now clouds creeping back in.
Yep, the banks are all crooks, start bringing over more foreign competition I reckon

Old 11-16-2010, 10:37 PM

Politicians are bigger bastards and doing way more damage and taking way more money from us than they deserve. Too bad the media doesn't spend more time bashing them around instead of the banks so much. Maybe more digging around policies, like NBN costings (or lack of them).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Australia and New Zealand