Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Toledo
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2009, 07:36 PM

1,329 posts, read 2,956,503 times

Advertisements

If you like Chinese, Toledo's best kept secret is the Hot Sizzling Wok on Laskey. Doesn't look like much from the outside, but the food is the best I've had in many states, and the prices and service are fantastic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2009, 06:09 PM

37 posts, read 87,745 times
Even though this thread is a bit old, I thought I should throw-in a plug for Loma Linda, the great Mexican restaurant that is on the outskirts of town. Located just a stone's throw from Toledo Express Airport, Loma Linda is one of those joints where you find a pleasant mix of regulars, newbies, travelers, and (in the spacious dining rooms) families.

If you are traveling on the Ohio Turnpike (I-80 / I-90), slide off the toll road at the Swanton exit. Head east on Airport Highway for a mile and Loma Linda is on the left (north).

Great food, great drinks.....and for us regulars.....great times.

BTW......my wife and I are heading there this Saturday!

Bear

Old 10-30-2009, 07:57 PM

49 posts, read 194,018 times
You can't miss with Mancy's or any of their newer places too- Mancy's Bluewater or Mancy's Italian. The original is one of the best steak houses anywhere.

Old 06-07-2010, 08:37 AM

1 posts, read 3,012 times
Whether going for fast food or a family style restaurant or fine dining, Toledo restaurants have often left me more than underwhelmed and often disappointed. I am a great cook and as long as I have my copy of Joy of Cooking, I can hold my own while preparing many of their recipes. Being that I am such a good cook, I really don't expect much from many restaurants. My only expectation is that the meal is somewhat palatable and that the ingredients SEEM fresh, especially when I visit a so called "good restaurant". Well I was pleasantly surprised when I went to La Scola located on the corner of Airport Highway and Reynolds Road. My boyfriend and I decided to try it because we were getting home too late to cook anything. I will admit that when I saw some of the patrons coming out of the restaurant carrying styrofoam containers for their leftovers, I expected the restaurant to be akin to a pricier Olive Garden: ketchup tasting spaghetti sauce and parmesan cheese over tasteless pasta. I even expected the decor to look like Olive Garden's too. Boy was I wrong!! For one, the place had an updated Italian like decor, which was not in the least bit bland. But more importantly, the food was wonderful. The portions were not ginormous, like one gets at the chain restaurants, but were a nice sized serving. Also, the food was so freaking good, that I let out a little moan when I ate a forkfull of my lasagna. In fact, the food was so good, that I did not finish the entire entree because I took my time to savor the flavor of each and every bite. Two drinks and an entree for each of us came to roughly $60. And my boyfriend, who is a big tipper anyway, gave the waitress a $20 tip.

Old 06-11-2010, 09:37 AM

227 posts, read 628,682 times
Beavercreek: The Beruit is awesome-good... it is at 4082 Monroe just south of 475 (on Monroe between Central and Douglas).

Orwelleaut: The Budapest is still open... the food is just like having your very own Hungarian grandmother. Cash only. They do completely close for about a month in the middle of summer. The neighborhood has blight issues, but has really started to clean up. The restroom is in like a shallow catacomb under the dining room... which is a... unique experience. But the food is awesome.

Navy Bistro... Surrounded by international park on the East side of the river accross from downtown... it has a really nice view and the food is excellent. It isn't as expensive as you think.

Old 06-16-2010, 08:44 PM

99 posts, read 228,964 times
Beirut - hands down. I live in SF (some would say the culinary capitol of the world) but really miss the old Beirut from when I attended BGSU back in the 1980s.

Old 07-18-2010, 03:33 PM

90 posts, read 242,927 times
You do reailize that J Alexander's is a chain, right?

Old 07-27-2021, 03:34 PM

7 posts, read 6,762 times
In 1977 poosa on reynolds rd oh hell in 77 go to mcdonalds

Old 01-03-2024, 12:47 AM

97 posts, read 76,711 times
Toledo is a city i have not been there yet but after reading these posts i must say that this is gonna be really adorable time period for sure. I would like to some food points for having a good food. I would definitely going to have such a great time ahead.

Old 01-03-2024, 07:02 PM

27,323 posts, read 44,318,606 times
Check out the Adams Street Cafe in Downtown Toledo. Its a newer place doing excellent smoked meats and pretty much house-made everything. Nice owners, great service and reasonably priced!

https://www.theadamsstcafe.com/?fbcl...tK8z2u53a4Ew1w
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Toledo