Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Paganism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2023, 10:41 AM

88,525 posts, read 84,705,921 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pathrunner View Post
Great post and my immediate reaction is that Heaven does include our animals that have crossed over. I recently lost one of my beloved dogs, and it is my fervent wish to see him again. He was a very special soul who endured a lot in his early years, and lived with me and his alpha for almost 11 years. Words cannot express how much I love that dog. He was so calm and loving, and taught me a lot about surviving abuse. I used to research my past lives but haven't for several decades. The ones I am aware of are also difficult, like yours. Those are the ones that teach us the most. My current life is no exception. There has been a lot of suffering.
I spoke with a psychic at a crystal show last year. Told her of my situation at that time of caregiving for my dying BF. She suddenly asked, "Did he have a dog that died recently?" Yes, his 15-year-old dog who was such a part of him that he referred to him as his familiar had died earlier in the year. She said, "He is waiting for him on the other side, but right now he is sitting next to you."

Later I had a conversation with my boyfriend about my belief that we go on after death, not as the same persons we were as humans but as our true spirits. He said yes, he believed the same, and in fact he believed that recently-departed dog was a reincarnation of another beloved dog that had been in his life at a earlier time.

Old 06-23-2023, 10:56 AM

10,990 posts, read 6,857,477 times
Omigosh MQ that is amazing, such a wonderful message, and it gives me hope. I really, really miss my boy and want to see him the second I cross over. It's been really hard these past few weeks, knowing he was going to die, and then after he died. I too felt that he was a reincarnation of another dog I once had. He has spoken to me once or twice since he crossed over.

As for the psychic you spoke to, there's no accounting for how these people are gifted with this ability. It doe exist, whether some people believe it or not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2023, 11:02 AM

3,108 posts, read 1,002,933 times
Someone told me that I was a gladiator in Rome in another incarnation. I was 10-11 yo at the time and hearing this I just thought "What a crazy idea! No way."

I don't want to know my past incarnations. I have no interest in this.

Old 06-23-2023, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by High.priestess.Sarah View Post
There is one strange thing about my reincarnation feeling though. This is the last time I am going to be alive on this Earth. When it is my time to cross over, I'm never coming back here, so I'm living this life as if it is my last with every drop it has to offer me in total bliss! It's strange, because I will be crossing over through the light when it's my time to go, and I'll finally see what Heaven/Summerland/Happy hunting ground is really like. To be at one with my Divine, to finally be able to go home, and be at peace, but until that time comes, I am so happy to be here with you!
I understand how you feel. I wonder about being done. Of course, we would like to be done. I have a Catholic friend who is convinced she will only be going to purgatory because she is a flawed person. I took that to mean that she has anger and hasn't forgiven how she's been treated. I myself don't think we can know if we're going to purgatory, heaven, not coming back or coming back. I think some of us do know (validating your experience). As of right now, I don't know. My belief is that we take whatever consciousness we are in at the time of death with us to the next realm.

I have a recurring feeling of being impaled in the ear. It is very strong. Either I was killed that way, or I killed someone that way. Same with drowning. I've also had lifelong visions of placing everything I own into a pile and burning it. I have strong wishes to be a traveler (a nomad) and see lots of varied, historical and beautiful places.

Old 06-23-2023, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by farm108 View Post
Someone told me that I was a gladiator in Rome in another incarnation. I was 10-11 yo at the time and hearing this I just thought "What a crazy idea! No way."

I don't want to know my past incarnations. I have no interest in this.
You reminded me that several decades ago a psychic told me I was a gladiator, an unwilling one at the time of Christians being thrown to the lions. I was very unhappy in that role, and was aware that others were happy in the same role. The teaching I've received is that we should only be looking into our past lives as a learning tool, to be better than before.

Old 06-23-2023, 11:08 AM

88,525 posts, read 84,705,921 times
I don't have any recollections of past lives except for one small thing that made me say "hmmm" when I recalled it at an older age.

As a child, I had recurring dreams that I am on a small plane coming in for a landing to a city called Johannesburg. I know that is the name of the city, but I had the dream before I knew such a place existed, and I remember being surprised to learn that there actually was a city by that name. I had also never been on a plane before. I was 20 years old when I flew for the first time.

It was all very short, it seems as if there are two other people on the plane with me, and we are sort of curving around and coming in lower toward this city that I know is called Johannesburg. That's it.

I still had the dream a couple of times in my 20s, and that was the end of it.

Old 06-23-2023, 12:00 PM

529 posts, read 181,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pathrunner View Post
I understand how you feel. I wonder about being done. Of course, we would like to be done. I have a Catholic friend who is convinced she will only be going to purgatory because she is a flawed person. I took that to mean that she has anger and hasn't forgiven how she's been treated. I myself don't think we can know if we're going to purgatory, heaven, not coming back or coming back. I think some of us do know (validating your experience). As of right now, I don't know. My belief is that we take whatever consciousness we are in at the time of death with us to the next realm.

I have a recurring feeling of being impaled in the ear. It is very strong. Either I was killed that way, or I killed someone that way. Same with drowning. I've also had lifelong visions of placing everything I own into a pile and burning it. I have strong wishes to be a traveler (a nomad) and see lots of varied, historical and beautiful places.
Hi pathrunner! Yes, I'm done lol. in addition to remembering so many past lifetimes, I also already briefly died twice in this lifetime and came back. Once when I was 5 years old during an emergency abscessed tooth procedure and once from heat stroke when I was 20. on my second death I went to the light, but it was decided that I must return to Earth to finish living my life here because this will be the "LAST" time I'm going to be here.

I can't prove it, I just have this feeling, this certainty in my gut that you can die and come back to Earth, but once you pass through the light, there is no coming back. When I die for the last time, I'm choosing to pass through the light in my final death because I know, there is nothing else I can learn here, to justify returning back to Earth. It's time for me to go home, to butterfly out of my caterpillar existence and be grateful for the lives I have lived while I was here. It's a strange concept, but I'm going to the light to see what is on the other side, knowing full well, I can't come back! If I am forced to come back to Earth, the Gods and Goddesses are going to be very angry at me, because I'm going to beat them up if they try to stop me!

Old 06-23-2023, 12:02 PM

LOL I hear ya. There's a reason this place is called Hell On Earth. Because compared to other realms it is hell.

Old 08-12-2023, 06:10 AM

3,688 posts, read 2,408,994 times
I'm reading "Many Lives, Many Masters," By Dr. Brian Weiss.

I previously listened to the audiobook by Dr. Newton, "Journey of the Souls."

I completely believe in Reincarnation.

Christianity removed its references twice in history.

Old 12-31-2023, 01:23 PM

551 posts, read 1,187,613 times
I watched a documentary on Netflix which chronicled the University of Virginia (UVA) researchers - they found with unbelievable clarity american born children remembered a past life and were reunited with some past relatives in some cases. Some of these stories really turned my belief in atheism, Hinduism, upside down - I just cannot reconcile reincarnation and how these kids are able to remember such details and evidence added up that neither families ever communicated or would connect any other way. Mind boggling!

https://med.virginia.edu/perceptual-...reincarnation/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Paganism