Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Paganism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2019, 05:57 PM

5,209 posts, read 1,795,659 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
I like the Biddy Tarot site, but I don't recommend paying for one of the online courses. I tried one, and I had found much more helpful stuff on You Tube for free. Ah well...the card should have told me!
That's good to know because every once in awhile I'm tempted to do a course, but I never have. Between free info, books, and just the flow of intuition, I've been content.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2019, 06:16 PM

88,525 posts, read 84,705,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatwomanofV View Post

I called one of the "hotlines" ONCE. My former significant other dropped off the face of the earth. Everyone was calling me looking for him and I didn't have a clue. The thing was, he often talked out dropping out of society so I didn't know if that is what he did or if he got into serious trouble. (He seemed to bring out the worst in people-not intentionally but he was known to walk into a room and people would flip out. Very strange. And of course he brought out the worst in me, too.) Anyway, when I called, the woman said that usually when she gets calls like mine, she gets a negative feeling but not with mine. She didn't help me at all. She told me that he COULD be out there-no s***. I could have told you that. I never did find out what happened to him. Even his family (talked to his sister several years after he disappeared) never heard from him, either.

Cat
Wow, this sounds like one of the Crime Junkie cases (true crime podcast).

Old 08-24-2019, 06:37 PM

950 posts, read 691,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Wow, this sounds like one of the Crime Junkie cases (true crime podcast).
Along similar lines I still remember the case about a dead father's pension. After a man's father died he did not report it because he wanted to keep getting the dead father's pension. So he kept and hid the dead body in his house in a preservative. Less than a year later the son died too, and that's when everything was found out.

Old 08-25-2019, 11:47 AM

32,636 posts, read 47,986,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy in Wyoming View Post
This discussion is silly. Tarot cards are gaming cards that eager marketers have modified to a greater or lesser extent........

Am I to assume that the cards have failed to respond to you? Don't feel bad. They won't interact with quite a few people, so you aren't the only one. It's just that you have no spirituality. Nothing to be ashamed of.

Old 08-25-2019, 12:22 PM

5,851 posts, read 5,276,683 times
I know this is not about Tarot but about palm reading so please forgive me.

I used to volunteer at our local food shelf. A few months before Hubby & I got married, the local Eagle's Club had a fundraising event and I was there to collect food for the food shelf. They had a woman (I knew her) who read palms. I figured I would give it a go. Our upcoming wedding was on my mind but I did not mention it to the woman. She did not mention anything about my wedding/marriage. I didn't "pay" her for her service but made a donation to the cause. I would have been upset if I had to pay her and she didn't even mention what was front and center on my thoughts at that time. I saw her a couple of weeks later to inquire about her making my dress (she didn't) and she said that she couldn't understand why she couldn't read that I was getting married.

Cat

Old 08-25-2019, 12:34 PM

88,525 posts, read 84,705,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monastic555 View Post
Along similar lines I still remember the case about a dead father's pension. After a man's father died he did not report it because he wanted to keep getting the dead father's pension. So he kept and hid the dead body in his house in a preservative. Less than a year later the son died too, and that's when everything was found out.
Yes, saw one on the ID Channel about a woman who lived with her sister. The woman died while outside the home, at the store or something, and neighbors told the police she'd had a sister, but no one had seen her in some time.

They cops went into the house, which was a mess and showed that the women had been hoarders, and on the couch under a bunch of stuff they found what was the sister's mummified body. She'd been dead for a while, and her sister had been cashing her Social Security checks.

Old 08-30-2019, 05:41 AM

950 posts, read 691,496 times
Quote:
I know this is not about Tarot but about palm reading so please forgive me.

I used to volunteer at our local food shelf. A few months before Hubby & I got married, the local Eagle's Club had a fundraising event and I was there to collect food for the food shelf. They had a woman (I knew her) who read palms. I figured I would give it a go. Our upcoming wedding was on my mind but I did not mention it to the woman. She did not mention anything about my wedding/marriage. I didn't "pay" her for her service but made a donation to the cause. I would have been upset if I had to pay her and she didn't even mention what was front and center on my thoughts at that time. I saw her a couple of weeks later to inquire about her making my dress (she didn't) and she said that she couldn't understand why she couldn't read that I was getting married.

Cat
As to the palm reader, some of them are inept. But one rotten apple does not make the whole tree rotten. For anyone trying to find a good palmist, some prior research has to be done. I think one good reputable palmist is Alexandra Chauran. When she was reading palms at someone else's wedding-- one of the guests whose palm she read, said that particular guest would marry soon. Then when the traditional tossing of the bridal bouquet into the air was done, it was that lady who caught the bouquet.

Old 08-30-2019, 01:07 PM

5,851 posts, read 5,276,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monastic555 View Post
As to the palm reader, some of them are inept. But one rotten apple does not make the whole tree rotten. For anyone trying to find a good palmist, some prior research has to be done. I think one good reputable palmist is Alexandra Chauran. When she was reading palms at someone else's wedding-- one of the guests whose palm she read, said that particular guest would marry soon. Then when the traditional tossing of the bridal bouquet into the air was done, it was that lady who caught the bouquet.
I know there there are good ones and bad ones (along with everything else).

We were at my step-daughter's wedding a long time ago (before we were married actually) and we started talking to one of the guests. He said that he could read palms-but it wasn't him reading the life line or anything like that. He took Hubby's hand and didn't even LOOK at his palm but gave him a reading-and if I recall, it was pretty accurate. I then wanted him to do mine. He took my hand and said he couldn't read me for whatever reason. He said that he can only do it for some people and not for others. He didn't understand it himself. It was a just a gift that he had.

Cat

Old 09-01-2019, 06:12 AM

1,096 posts, read 418,250 times
Never had a palm reading but I've looked at books and websites that show how its done. I remember finding out how many marriages I would have. Those are the lines on the side of the palm under the little finger. Mine had two and that is correct. Also there was something about the left palm shows what we are born with/what we were given and the right palm is what we've done with it up to today.

Old 09-01-2019, 06:17 AM

1,096 posts, read 418,250 times
Quote:
We were at my step-daughter's wedding a long time ago (before we were married actually) and we started talking to one of the guests. He said that he could read palms-but it wasn't him reading the life line or anything like that. He took Hubby's hand and didn't even LOOK at his palm but gave him a reading-and if I recall, it was pretty accurate. I then wanted him to do mine. He took my hand and said he couldn't read me for whatever reason. He said that he can only do it for some people and not for others. He didn't understand it himself. It was a just a gift that he had.

Cat

I've heard of some tarot readers like that. They lay the cards out but don't need them. It is more of a ritual or process that helps them tune in. They never even look at the cards. That is quite a gift!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Paganism