Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Ocala
 [Register]
Ocala Marion County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2023, 02:35 PM

3,521 posts, read 2,514,037 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ek1939 View Post
I could delay my move by a year, potentially saving an additional 100k (if housing prices stabilize). This would give me more flexibility with my budget.
Regarding the HOA price increase by $50k, unless you're referring to the CDC or a bond, it seems odd.
Oak Ridge's HOAs varied from almost $400/month to almost $600/month, and it didn't appear as though it was based on square footage (I saw a smaller home in the area with a high HOA and a larger home with a lower HOA).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2023, 05:24 PM

17,564 posts, read 15,698,539 times
Mount Dora checks most boxes... Most of it isn't rural, but some parts are.

I lived there for almost a decade before leaving for good in 2017. My house was a 4/2, two story, built in 1997. Decent fenced in yard on a cul-de-sac, with some sort of forest thing behind (so no neighbors behind.) Just outside of downtown, near the lake, on the South side. The house is currently appraised at around $320,000.

You can find what you're looking for in that area, especially since you're already looking at Tavares.

Old Yesterday, 07:39 AM

4 posts, read 2,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeartofFlorida View Post
For now. How long that will last sandwiched between Lakeland and Brandon remains to be seen.

This is my area and my problem. I moved to this area about 18 years ago and it's changed too much. So I'm looking to move slightly north of here to a place that won't change drastically in the next 3 years. (My current location went from cows to "Brandon-like" & soon apartments in <3 years.)

Old Yesterday, 07:52 AM

27,273 posts, read 44,241,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubberbiscuitz View Post
This is my area and my problem. I moved to this area about 18 years ago and it's changed too much. So I'm looking to move slightly north of here to a place that won't change drastically in the next 3 years. (My current location went from cows to "Brandon-like" & soon apartments in <3 years.)
Lake Alfred and Polk City might be good options.

Old Yesterday, 07:55 AM

17,557 posts, read 22,320,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal813 View Post
Mount Dora checks most boxes... Most of it isn't rural, but some parts are.

I lived there for almost a decade before leaving for good in 2017. My house was a 4/2, two story, built in 1997. Decent fenced in yard on a cul-de-sac, with some sort of forest thing behind (so no neighbors behind.) Just outside of downtown, near the lake, on the South side. The house is currently appraised at around $320,000.

You can find what you're looking for in that area, especially since you're already looking at Tavares.
6 month old thread (since last post)

I knew a lady from NJ that was living with an old man down in Boca Raton, FL. Her dream was to move to Mount Dora but the husband wasn't moving. She was basically waiting for him to die then she would sell the house and move. Admittedly I've never been there but I've looked at real estate for sale, watched some youtube videos and I don't get the attraction. Its in the middle of the state and plays on the Mayberry theme but I'd lose my mind after the first weekend.

Old Yesterday, 08:10 AM

27,273 posts, read 44,241,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by City Guy997S View Post

I knew a lady from NJ that was living with an old man down in Boca Raton, FL. Her dream was to move to Mount Dora but the husband wasn't moving. She was basically waiting for him to die then she would sell the house and move. Admittedly I've never been there but I've looked at real estate for sale, watched some youtube videos and I don't get the attraction. Its in the middle of the state and plays on the Mayberry theme but I'd lose my mind after the first weekend.
Since you haven't been it seems odd to jump on the assumption of "losing your mind after the first weekend".

Old Yesterday, 06:31 PM

742 posts, read 1,312,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
Lake Alfred and Polk City might be good options.
Polk City for sure. Lake Alfred might go the way of the Dodo Well, 50/50. LA has done a great job of not succumbing to the pressure of easy money through development despite sitting between Auburndale, Winter Haven and Haines City. However, one has to wonder how long that will last.

Last edited by HeartofFlorida; Yesterday at 06:41 PM..

Old Today, 08:48 AM

17,564 posts, read 15,698,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by City Guy997S View Post

Oh trust me, I don't like it one bit. Cool little place to visit, but I hated living there for a myriad of reasons. Once you get over the cute little downtown area, it becomes basically just another Leesburg.

I mentioned it because the poster I was replying to said they were looking at Tavares. I prefer Mount Dora over Tavares, although that's not saying much. You couldn't pay me to move back to Lake County. barring MAYBE Clermont.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Ocala