Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2008, 05:43 PM

947 posts, read 3,571,231 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbravo View Post
How about posting Montana pics!
The good the bad and the ugly (and the beautiful too.)
Here are two pictures from one of my favorite areas in Montana...

This is from the 90.9 The Dawg KDWG Broadcast Tower in Dillon

This was also taken in Dillon, Montana
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2008, 11:00 PM

18,700 posts, read 42,041,465 times
Beautiful. Just can't describe it........ I love it.

Last edited by ElkHunter; 01-05-2008 at 10:25 AM..

Old 01-16-2008, 10:18 PM

406 posts, read 1,359,613 times
hey, i am from ny as well. i was born in manhattan and grew up in huntington out east. i moved here about 5 years ago and haven't left. people here are great, a little snobby, but good-natured. i don't live here for the people though. the hiking, biking, climbing, exploring, is more than worth it. i think i have the place pretty well covered in the 5 years since first coming here. hope you enjoy the pictures, mike.

boiling river in yellowstone in between mammoth and gardiner.

a ghost house in castle town montana

ghost train between nevada and virginia cities

glacier national park during the 2002 fires

fall in paradise valley

electric peak in the gallatin range and in the northern part of yellowstone

glacier national park

billy

just another day in the neighborhood

bridger bowl

Old 01-17-2008, 08:29 PM

1,153 posts, read 4,557,015 times
Wow!!! You're an amazing photographer.

Old 01-18-2008, 06:31 PM

Pics from my commute this morning (I ski to work along an un-groomed trail in Bozeman):

First I walk two blocks to the trail:

pwned by the snowplow:

Empty field:

Duck crossing! The town keeps a few ponds around town heated so the ducks can stay here year-round. I pick up the trail right beyond this sign.

Tranquility within the city limits:

Langor Gardens:
http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/9769/img0922nv1.jpg (broken link)

http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/9500/img0923vf9.jpg (broken link)

Old 01-19-2008, 12:13 AM

i live right next to that trail over at greentree apartments. it's supposed to snow a foot this saturday night. i bet there will be a few hundred people up at bridger, especially with the 10 inches they got today. i will try to upload some more pictures of mt, i have hundreds, but not to quick with computers. ever check out revenue flats area, west of norris junction? check it out if you haven't. mike.

Old 01-19-2008, 12:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael11747 View Post
i live right next to that trail over at greentree apartments. it's supposed to snow a foot this saturday night. i bet there will be a few hundred people up at bridger, especially with the 10 inches they got today. i will try to upload some more pictures of mt, i have hundreds, but not to quick with computers. ever check out revenue flats area, west of norris junction? check it out if you haven't. mike.
Wow, you're about a five minute walk from where I live I'm on South Rouse by Christie Field. Never seen Revenue Flats, though.

Old 01-19-2008, 01:10 AM

buddy you gotta get yourself out to revenue flats this summer. it is awesome, it is the furthest southern extent of the boulder batholith which extends much further northwest than butte, with those huge smooth rock spires. very well hidden amongst the south eastern tip of the tobacco roots, west of the madison river valley, about an hours drive west from main. just drive to norris, and instead of making a right or left onto paved 287, go straight onto the dirt road and follow it up into the mountains. it is a very cool spot and very accessible, just a little secret.

yes i know exactly where you live. great place to bring kids in the summer or winter with pete's hill a block away for the insane sledding experience and hiking in the summer. greentree is filled with college students and the working poor. i'm still young so i kind of enjoy living here, but it can get loud and rowdy on a hot summer night. although i'm loving the snow, i CANNOT wait for the summertime. it makes life worth living here.

ever explored the pine creek area in paradise valley? check that out too. get ready for some -10 degree weather coming our way!

Old 01-19-2008, 08:47 AM

Will definitely check out Revenue Flats! I'm new-ish to the area, so haven't explored too much... but I have seen Pine Creek. I just love the entire valley over there.

Looks like we got yet another inch or two last night! Haven't measured yet, though. I've got a feeling that we're going to get hammered with snow and cold this weekend... hehe. As much as I love winter, I love summer almost as much, as long as it isn't as hot as last summer.

Old 01-19-2008, 01:24 PM

excellent, how about tom miner basin in the southwest corner of paradise valley? im sure you've been to hyalite, fairy lake in the bridgers? i can't wait for summer. yes it will snow 6-10 inches they say, but they're always wrong. mike.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana