Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2007, 08:21 PM

Location: I live in Ronan, MT but am stationed in Virginia Beach
290 posts, read 690,138 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLS View Post
I'm not sure, but it looks like you are East of 93 toward St. Ignatius, maybe South of Kickinghorse and Ninepipes?

Your place is gorgeous!!! You've got to be homesick in Virginia Beach.
Just outside of city limits North East of Ronan (Terrace Lake Rd)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2007, 07:50 PM

3 posts, read 22,872 times
how is the cost of living in Bozeman? I am from NJ and our property taxes are out of sight. We are looking at Bozeman and its beauty. Do you guys welcome non-Montanians?
Tonice :-)

Old 11-29-2007, 09:01 PM

1,153 posts, read 4,557,015 times
I'm a transplant in Bozeman, originally from New York (Queens). It is more expensive than other areas of Montana, and more expensive than areas of Southern and Northwest NJ even, but still cheaper than the NYC metro area/Northeastern NJ. And yes, I feel quite welcome! Just use common sense - don't complain about the state's politics, weather, isolation, etc too much, and you'll be fine with the locals.

Old 12-07-2007, 02:20 PM

5 posts, read 35,774 times
Default nice pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYMTman View Post
Here are some pics of the three snowstorms we've had so far in Bozeman: omgitsjackwtf/Winter 2007-2008 - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

And here's some pics of Bozeman during warmer weather:
omgitsjackwtf/Bozeman - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

And finally some pics of beautiful Glacier and Banff national parks, in Montana and Alberta:
omgitsjackwtf/Glacier and Banff parks - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Hey, just want to say awesome job on the Glacier pictures..

Old 12-07-2007, 08:11 PM

1,153 posts, read 4,557,015 times
Thanks! Although I only took about half of them... the other half was my cousin visiting from the east coast.

Old 12-08-2007, 04:14 AM

18,700 posts, read 42,041,465 times
This is rickers' fault. He asked me to post these. haha

This calf wanted to suck on my camera.

I got close enough that he started rocking his head back and forth and snorting at me. Time to back away quietly.

Old 12-11-2007, 07:27 AM

43 posts, read 362,123 times
ElkHunter:
awesome pictures.. thank you for sharing them....

just another beautiful thing there....

Old 12-12-2007, 04:53 PM

5 posts, read 29,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simple Living View Post
Beautiful stuff, jimj. And to think, some people prefer concrete and nonstop noise to open spaces and natural beauty. Go figure.

A friend of mine says that all big cities are ghettos. If you really think about it, it's true.
I like the wide open areas to, coming to Montana for vacation this summer sometime, hate living in Portland orgun area

Old 12-23-2007, 09:24 PM

3,040 posts, read 4,998,605 times
Those are some fantastic pictures, I have family that lives in Missoula I awlays look forward to the visit.
Skizziks, I agree with you on Portland, been there tried it, if Oregon ever needed an enima Portland would be the place to put it, IMHO.

Old 12-28-2007, 03:44 PM

22 posts, read 107,291 times
Bozeman, well, beautiful place to visit, not to live. People are very friendly to newcomers, I have to say, a very nice area in that respect. But the cost of living, lack of population, extreme weather, poor air quality much of summer. Definitely not the best for year round living!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana