Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Did you downsize recently to an apartment or condo?
Condo 3 75.00%
Apartment 1 25.00%
Within MA 2 50.00%
Moving to save expenses 1 25.00%
Moving to be maintenance free. 2 50.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 03:25 PM

3,725 posts, read 1,919,082 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justyouraveragetenant View Post
It would not be foreclosure she would just sell it and the bank gets 50 thousand. Since she is retired now she can not pay the loan.
What type of banking product is that where you can still live in the home, not pay the mortgage, have the opp to sell it on your own and only have to give the bank a $50K cut?!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 04:38 PM

3,458 posts, read 1,588,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newenglandgal123 View Post
What type of banking product is that where you can still live in the home, not pay the mortgage, have the opp to sell it on your own and only have to give the bank a $50K cut?!
I don't know that's what she tells me I can try and find more info. It did not make sense to me either.

She said it's a loan from a credit union.

Old Today, 06:34 PM

20,205 posts, read 9,108,695 times
Quote:
Well she pays condo fees and it seems she has to dish out a ton of money for repairs like a new roof and new windows.maybe they are corrupt . That's why I would never trust the board of trustees .
new roof and new windows should have been budgeted for, they aren't emergency repairs. Sounds like poor management

Old Today, 07:47 PM

970 posts, read 551,844 times
Quote:
Condos are a scam job. The purpose is to rob you. My mother moved in there and I told her she was a sucker she can't even pay the loan if she decided to sell it she would get 50 thousand less. All she is paying is the interest on the loan so it does not ruin her credit. She use to have a house which she should of kept but listened to her friends.
My parents discovered all downsides after buying their condo (it was their first property in US in the end of 1990x). All kinds of assessments, unfinished projects. Mom joined board of trustees and she is still there managing lots of things. So condo fees are under control and property looks good.
But I don’t have such energy and frankly desire to handle all this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts