Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2024, 11:43 AM

19,849 posts, read 12,116,680 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wma152 View Post
If it's drug related, then they sure didn't train her well. You know when you are in the drug trade, you have to worry about the police and the rivals.

I mean if she had money and drugs on her, why did they killed her like that? assuming they taken all the cash and drugs from her? The gunmen was in a mask, so she wouldn't be able to positively identify him anyways.

But if someone just wanted her dead, that's a weird way to get the JOB done, in broad day light in the open in a busy street, as you saw, it was capture on video.

Anyways, that person that capture video was called a hero. No, he would have been a real hero had he called the police and follow the car and tell the police where he was following the car.

There were two witnesses in the vehicle. One was filming the incident and the second was on the phone with 911 and followed instructions from 911. Their filming the incident was valuable in helping to solve the case and if they had followed when the two vehicles made a U-turn at that intersection they most likely would have been killed as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2024, 12:04 PM

719 posts, read 762,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
There were two witnesses in the vehicle. One was filming the incident and the second was on the phone with 911 and followed instructions from 911. Their filming the incident was valuable in helping to solve the case and if they had followed when the two vehicles made a U-turn at that intersection they most likely would have been killed as well.
Obviously, I didn't know that. But not sure the witnesses would have been killed. I doubt the the gunman inside the car would be paying attention to the driver and some random car behind him at the same time.

But when someone it's taken by gun point like that, most of the time it's not car jacking, someone is going to be kidnapped or killed. Had the witness followed, and police show up on time, the lady might still be alive.

Old 04-20-2024, 02:24 PM

17,228 posts, read 15,428,659 times
Quote:
Obviously, I didn't know that. But not sure the witnesses would have been killed. I doubt the the gunman inside the car would be paying attention to the driver and some random car behind him at the same time.

But when someone it's taken by gun point like that, most of the time it's not car jacking, someone is going to be kidnapped or killed. Had the witness followed, and police show up on time, the lady might still be alive.
No, that would be a foolish thing to do. No way would I have followed either in this case.

Old 04-20-2024, 02:33 PM

6,815 posts, read 4,257,270 times
Just because she didn't act like a professional doesn't mean she was not in the drug trade. Tons of people get involved in the drug trade solely because they are promised a lot of money and have more greed than sense. There's no training for low level couriers except some basic instructions and promises of 'if you just do what we tell you do, it'll be fine". They're just people who want/need money and are willing to perform criminal tasks for it, hardly a scarce resource in many places.

Old 04-20-2024, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal813 View Post
No, that would be a foolish thing to do. No way would I have followed either in this case.
I wouldn't follow directly, but close enough, how would the gunman know he's being follow?
He has to keep an eye on the driver.

and even if did notice you follow, what would he do? he wasn't going to stop and get out and shoot you, cause the driver would get away.

Old 04-20-2024, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veritas Vincit View Post
Just because she didn't act like a professional doesn't mean she was not in the drug trade. Tons of people get involved in the drug trade solely because they are promised a lot of money and have more greed than sense. There's no training for low level couriers except some basic instructions and promises of 'if you just do what we tell you do, it'll be fine". They're just people who want/need money and are willing to perform criminal tasks for it, hardly a scarce resource in many places.
But the people that recruited her would have taught her about the basics to the trade. They are not only doing her a favor, they would be protecting their drugs and money too.

Even then, she was clueless, she had an easy get away, she was stop at the line, no one in front of her, I would have gas it. From the video, she even open the door for him.

Old 04-20-2024, 06:14 PM

19,849 posts, read 12,116,680 times
Quote:
I wouldn't follow directly, but close enough, how would the gunman know he's being follow?

and even if did notice you follow, what would he do? he wasn't going to stop and get out and shoot you, cause the driver would get away.

The victim & gunman as well as the green Acura did a U turn at an intersection where U turns are illegal. You are saying the witness could have done that same illegal U turn after them without drawing attention and then an immediate second U turn that the vehicles did again without drawing attention?

That is a terrible idea. BTW, the tow truck driver who had towed this green Acura in March was executed the day before this carjacking and the green Acura was linked to the execution site as well as the same spent rounds.

Old 04-20-2024, 07:58 PM

17,228 posts, read 15,428,659 times
Quote:

Hell to the no. Sorry but… no.

Old 04-20-2024, 09:23 PM

Quote:
The victim & gunman as well as the green Acura did a U turn at an intersection where U turns are illegal. You are saying the witness could have done that same illegal U turn after them without drawing attention and then an immediate second U turn that the vehicles did again without drawing attention?

That is a terrible idea. BTW, the tow truck driver who had towed this green Acura in March was executed the day before this carjacking and the green Acura was linked to the execution site as well as the same spent rounds.
I wouldn't follow directly, as I said, close enough. It could be just enough time before the witnesses stop following and police gets to the vicinity and pick up from there.

I don't believe the tow truck driver got killed because he towed their car. Really, you are going to kill someone over a tow vehicle? There was be more to why the tow truck driver got killed like that

Old 04-20-2024, 09:33 PM

Quote:

I wouldn't follow directly, as I said, close enough. It could be just enough time before the witnesses stop following and police gets to the vicinity and pick up from there.

I don't believe the tow truck driver got killed because he towed their car. Really, you are going to kill someone over a tow vehicle? There was be more to why the tow truck driver got killed like that
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events