Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2024, 12:07 PM

78,454 posts, read 60,666,856 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
I wish I had speakers on my computer. I'll try to watch it on my cell phone later.

Sounds like it could be a confusing case with so many people involved. I wonder why the friends husband risked his job to find out that information he gave to her husband. I wonder why she was targeted.

Sure sounds like the husband is in on it.
There are still plenty of scenarios where he and his wife had some dangerous business associates and that was the cause and not the more common "want to get rid of the wife" theme.

Her and him not calling 911 is making more sense now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2024, 06:50 PM

719 posts, read 763,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
The couple, originally from Honduras live in Homestead, FL (Miami area), about 4 hours south of where she was carjacked and she had been in Seminole County for less than an hour before it happened. I would not be surprised if it had to do with running drugs.

The deputy who was arrested had recorded his call to the detective in charge of the case and played it for Miguel, the victim's husband. Miguel is allegedly cooperating, he gave his phone to the detectives when they asked for it which is how they found out about the deputy endangering the detective running the investigation.
I doubt she was running drugs. If she was part of the drug trade, she would be well aware of dangers and how to lookout and react to robbery attempts. She would also be arm herself.

But base on her phone call to her husband and how she was clueless with someone next to her with a gun tells me she was just a regular person driving a car.

Old 04-19-2024, 03:15 PM

5,295 posts, read 5,243,461 times
This is the craziest story. I knew when I first heard it that there was nothing random about this car jacking, but its gone from crazy to crazy. The newest update about an hour ago:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mczL...s6ClickOrlando

Last edited by carnivalday; 04-19-2024 at 03:31 PM..

Old 04-19-2024, 03:42 PM

17,228 posts, read 15,428,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carnivalday View Post
This is the craziest story. I knew when I first heard it that there was nothing random about this car jacking, but its gone from crazy to crazy. The newest update about an hour ago:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mczL...s6ClickOrlando
I had a feeling that drugs and guns (as in possible gun trade) was involved. Screamed cartel/major gang movements from the beginning.

Old 04-19-2024, 04:59 PM

17,228 posts, read 15,428,659 times
More that screams cartel and/or gang work:

Quote:
According to Seminole County Sheriff Dennis Lemma, Aguasvivas' brother conducted his own independent investigation where he FaceTimed an unknown number that had contacted Aguasvivas' while she was traveling along I-4 in downtown Orlando the day of the carjacking.

During the Facetime call, Aguasvivas' brother took a screenshot of the person and sent it to detectives.

That person has been identified as Giovany Joel Crespo-Hernandez, according to the sheriff's Office. They are asking for the public's help with locating him.

A search warrant was issued for the Casselberry home of Crespo-Hernandez and his girlfriend, where detectives found fentanyl and a gun. Crespo-Hernandez's girlfriend was arrested a short time later when she collected a delivery of three kilograms of cocaine in Osceola County, the sheriff said.
https://www.fox35orlando.com/news/se...ing-kidnapping

It was obviously a hit, and by the looks of it, had to do with drug trade.

So she was driving from South Florida to an Orlando suburb, where someone knew exactly where she was going to be, and at that exact time, shortly after having gotten off the phone with a guy whose girlfriend had just been busted after collecting ~$100,000 worth of cocaine.

Old 04-19-2024, 06:04 PM

19,849 posts, read 12,119,711 times
Our sheriff’s department did an incredible job in just a week’s time. They have been working this case 24/7, taking turns sleeping so that the case was continuously investigated.

Old 04-19-2024, 06:04 PM

5,014 posts, read 10,704,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
The couple, originally from Honduras live in Homestead, FL (Miami area), about 4 hours south of where she was carjacked and she had been in Seminole County for less than an hour before it happened. I would not be surprised if it had to do with running drugs.

The deputy who was arrested had recorded his call to the detective in charge of the case and played it for Miguel, the victim's husband. Miguel is allegedly cooperating, he gave his phone to the detectives when they asked for it which is how they found out about the deputy endangering the detective running the investigation.
My first thought was drugs as well. I mean, it’s Florida… And it sounds like the husband was in on the run/buy and is now trying to get info on the perps to exact revenge, which may be why the cop gave him the info, as it’s easier (and more just) for the husband to exact his revenge than for the detective to find the perps and have them tried for murder.

Old 04-19-2024, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarlaJane View Post
My first thought was drugs as well. I mean, it’s Florida… And it sounds like the husband was in on the run/buy and is now trying to get info on the perps to exact revenge, which may be why the cop gave him the info, as it’s easier (and more just) for the husband to exact his revenge than for the detective to find the perps and have them tried for murder.

Seminole County is doing it very much by the book and so far has locked four people (if my count is correct) through this investigation.

Old 04-19-2024, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarlaJane View Post
The husband and the brother absolutely know more than they are letting on. However both have willingly handed over their phones which doesn't seem like something they would do if they are guilty of crimes. This case has been intriguing. I was at that intersection just 30 minutes prior to the carjacking. Usually I am there at the time that it happened but that day I had an extra errand to run so I was early.

Old 04-20-2024, 06:27 AM

719 posts, read 763,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal813 View Post
More that screams cartel and/or gang work:

https://www.fox35orlando.com/news/se...ing-kidnapping

It was obviously a hit, and by the looks of it, had to do with drug trade.

So she was driving from South Florida to an Orlando suburb, where someone knew exactly where she was going to be, and at that exact time, shortly after having gotten off the phone with a guy whose girlfriend had just been busted after collecting ~$100,000 worth of cocaine.
If it's drug related, then they sure didn't train her well. You know when you are in the drug trade, you have to worry about the police and the rivals.

I mean if she had money and drugs on her, why did they killed her like that? assuming they taken all the cash and drugs from her? The gunmen was in a mask, so she wouldn't be able to positively identify him anyways.

But if someone just wanted her dead, that's a weird way to get the JOB done, in broad day light in the open in a busy street, as you saw, it was capture on video.

Anyways, that person that capture video was called a hero. No, he would have been a real hero had he called the police and follow the car and tell the police where he was following the car.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events