Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2024, 08:48 AM

4,633 posts, read 2,765,746 times

Advertisements

Well, if I were king, any car stereo or exhaust system that exceeds a certain dB level at 10 feet would result in the immediate impoundment and crushing of the vehicle in question.

The single worst aspect of living in a big city is noise pollution. Automobile traffic, sirens, planes and helicopters are largely unavoidable, but those antisocial people who intentionally add to the problem ought to be punished, and punished severely. It's no different than intentionally dumping hazardous waste on my lawn.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2024, 03:59 PM

9,603 posts, read 31,756,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbit33 View Post
Well, if I were king, any car stereo or exhaust system that exceeds a certain dB level at 10 feet would result in the immediate impoundment and crushing of the vehicle in question.

DON'T Crush the Vehicle, Rabbit . . . Did nothing wrong.

CRUSH the Owner / Driver for his stupidity.

Old 05-10-2024, 04:08 PM

29,667 posts, read 14,776,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummer View Post

DON'T Crush the Vehicle, Rabbit . . . Did nothing wrong.

CRUSH the Owner / Driver for his stupidity.
My thoughts exactly. I could just see a vintage 12 cylinder Lamborghini Miura S that doesn't pass the exhaust test because the car is from the 70's , getting smushed because someone is offended by it. SMH

Old 05-10-2024, 08:32 PM

5,900 posts, read 3,007,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
My thoughts exactly. I could just see a vintage 12 cylinder Lamborghini Miura S that doesn't pass the exhaust test because the car is from the 70's , getting smushed because someone is offended by it. SMH
Miura is the most beautiful thing made by a man on this planet.

Anyone looking the wrong way at it would get drop kicked by me as many times as necessary.

Old 05-12-2024, 07:32 PM

2,174 posts, read 3,613,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by H8PJs View Post
Wow. Judgemental much?

Perhaps judgemental, but his judgement is credible to me.

Old 05-13-2024, 05:30 AM

3,830 posts, read 2,352,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don in Austin View Post
Perhaps judgemental, but his judgement is credible to me.

Then you're just as bad.

"It's basic "small penis" syndrome expression."

Apparently no one can like what you don't without it being "small penis syndrome."

Custom cars and flashy cars are not small penis syndrome, and neither are fun sports cars and muscle cars with exhausts louder than your Camry.

I think that people complaining about others having small penis syndrome are the ones with the small penises that are simply jealous of folks enjoying cars and trucks. Hows that? Do you like being told that?

Old 05-13-2024, 12:54 PM

29,667 posts, read 14,776,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave 92 LSC View Post
Miura is the most beautiful thing made by a man on this planet.

Anyone looking the wrong way at it would get drop kicked by me as many times as necessary.
Actually saw one driving years ago. My wife and I were on a bike ride on Jefferson Ave, along the waterfront in Grosse Pointe, MI. I did a double take and almost wiped out. It was just taking off from a stop light, with a big ole cloud of blue oil smoke behind it. It was definitely a survivor, could tell from the paint.
So sexy, and a moving work of art.

Old Today, 09:09 AM

15,834 posts, read 20,621,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veritas Vincit View Post
culturally all the car stuff is definitely a lower class thing
Well that's a first.

Car stuff is a lower class thing. Nice.

Old Today, 09:28 AM

10,376 posts, read 8,617,689 times
This small penis thing is what I consider a low class insult and says more about the person saying it than the person they are referring it to.
I’m not saying agree with some things that people do but I don’t think we need to assume things about their anatomy to make ourselves feel superior.

Old Today, 09:33 AM

10,376 posts, read 8,617,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veritas Vincit View Post
Well, in one way or another, most people want to be noticed in some way and seen as special, but culturally all the car stuff is definitely a lower class thing (but it's not cheap so it's most potently expressed by lower class people who got money).
I think you need to clarify your statement. It’s not a definite thing. I know a lot of upper class people who are heavy into cars. Now putting a set of $2000 wheels on a car worth less than that it could be a possibility.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive