Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2010, 04:26 PM

1,138 posts, read 2,694,087 times

Advertisements

Also, that 300 acre development is still in the planning stages and needs to be approved by the county before anything happens, they've only gone before officials once, so they still have a LONG road ahead of them before it becomes a reality.

Plus, those 3 other developments you keep listing are nothing more than rinky-dink strip malls that I can almost guarantee will be occupied by the typical strip mall tenants (dollar stores and cell phone retailers). These sorts of developments are nothing to write home about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2010, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nortonguy View Post
But Evans, Aiken, North Augusta, and Martinez compared to West Augusta. Are virtually ''retail and restaurant wastelands''
I won't speak for Evans/Martinez or North Augusta, but Aiken is HARDLY a wasteland compared to West Augusta. Aiken has Red Lobster, 1 of only 2 Outback's in the CSRA, O'Charley's, etc. So, I'd say Aiken and West Augusta are pretty comparable in terms of chain dining options.

Old 05-11-2010, 04:32 PM

Location: Augusta, GA ''The fastest rising city in the southeast''
7,507 posts, read 15,093,442 times
The developers is going to broke ground on the 300 acre development. In about 6 to 8 months from now.

Say what? The 6,000 sq. ft retail center is a strip mall... Still doesn't mean dollar stores or cell phone stores will occupy it..

But the four acre development at Colony Plaza is not a rinky dink strip mall. The devevlopment is three seperate lots... Applebee's, Sitel, Food Lion, Sconyers restaurant, Ashley's Furniture, Roses, etc are Colony Plaza tenants..

The 5 acre development on Richmond Hill/Windsor Spring isn't either...

Last edited by nortonguy; 05-11-2010 at 05:38 PM..

Old 05-11-2010, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastsideDave View Post
I won't speak for Evans/Martinez or North Augusta, but Aiken is HARDLY a wasteland compared to West Augusta. Aiken has Red Lobster, 1 of only 2 Outback's in the CSRA, O'Charley's, etc. So, I'd say Aiken and West Augusta are pretty comparable in terms of chain dining options.
You must be joking???

Augusta Exchange, Washington road, Augusta Mall, Surrey Center, etc...

Then VAR and WTP are going to be here in the future...

Nothing in Aiken can compare... Aiken and Evans are comparable and ahead of North Augusta and Martinez...

Old 05-11-2010, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nortonguy View Post
The developer is going to break ground on the 300 acre development about 6 to 8 months from now.
I went ahead an fixed the grammar in that sentence for you. Anyway, nowhere in any article about this development (neither the Chronicle story nor the WRDW story) say ANYTHING about when this thing will get started. All it said was that the developer HOPES to get things going this year. Don't make a claim you can't back up, it hurts your credibility.

Old 05-11-2010, 04:53 PM

Quote:
I went ahead an fixed the grammar in that sentence for you. Anyway, nowhere in any article about this development (neither the Chronicle story nor the WRDW story) say ANYTHING about when this thing will get started. All it said was that the developer HOPES to get things going this year. Don't make a claim you can't back up, it hurts your credibility.
Don't you think??? '' get things going this year'' means to break ground....

My credibility??? Didn't you make a claim saying Aiken can compare to West Augusta.

When Augusta mall vs Aiken mall is no comparison. The movie theatre in Augusta Exchange(with Imax) compared to Regal Aiken movie theatre is no comparison. Augusta Exchange, Surrey Center, VAR, WTP, and Washington road are in West Augusta too...

You also made a claim the three developments in South Augusta. They're going to be rinky dink strip centers.. Where did you get that info from???... What article???... What info did you provide to back up that claim???... Because the 4 acres at Colony Plaza is three diffrent lots of new development...

Last edited by nortonguy; 05-11-2010 at 05:42 PM..

Old 05-11-2010, 04:55 PM

Whatever guy, you win. You have your opinion and I have mine, and we're both entitled to our different viewpoints.

Old 05-11-2010, 04:57 PM

Quote:
The developer HOPES to get things going this year.

Old 05-12-2010, 05:59 AM

614 posts, read 1,100,867 times
I have to agree with you EastsideDave. All they want to put on the southside is dollar stores. I agree with you as well Nortonguy. We all know that the Aiken mall can't touch the Augusta Mall, but it is the only other mall in a metro that has between 550,000 to 600,000 people. That makes the Aiken mall a big deal. And I know that this is just a rumor, but I heard that the Aiken Mall may expand. As far as theaters go, I would like to believe that the Aiken movie theater is better than the Evans theater. And so on and so forth as far as other comparisons go. Aiken has a lot to offer over the other cities in our metro. Remember, Aiken has the only other established downtown in our metro as well. Like it or not, Aiken is right behind Augusta.

Old 05-13-2010, 12:35 PM

Two new develoments in South Augusta.......

4 acre Business Park on Peach Orchard road(Between I-520 and Rosier road)...
http://www.augustaga.gov/archives/41/nov.%2009.%20pc%20agenda.pdf (broken link)

Phase 1 and Phase 2 of the developments in the Edinburgh Pointe Master Plan Community are under construction... The Terrace at Endiburgh 72 units and The Crest at Endiburgh 40 units. Terrace located on Sibley road and Crest located on Millegeville road. Both of them are right near gordon highway..
http://appweb.augustaga.gov/planning...y.asp?zID=4018
http://appweb.augustaga.gov/planning...y.asp?zID=3838

Last edited by nortonguy; 05-13-2010 at 12:46 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area