Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota > Sioux Falls
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2022, 07:54 AM

2,450 posts, read 1,677,918 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlulu23 View Post
5 weeks kind of puts you at the end of March, more or less. A fickle time frame. Maybe you will get an early spring as we are finally having temps to the upper 40's to around 50 out here, west of you a ways. But that can be deceptive. Sometimes it means a storm is coming in. And sometimes not, lol.

There are a lot of pretty cool extreme winter camping vids on YT that are fun to watch. Russia, and Scandinavia actually have some pretty good ones too, being they are from the land of the north. Maybe you can get some ideas in case the shtf weather wise one more time. Or maybe you already know all this stuff. I myself am a big baby, but I like watching others do it . I hope the weather gives you the break you need.
I am way too delicate for winter camping now. Done it as a teenager in a tent but we are way more adventuress when young. I was at a friends house yesterday that we camp at the same areas. Camping got brought up because we are in a crazy heat wave. It was 57 degrees here and normally it should be 29 degrees out as a high. When I looked it was warmer here than Newport. That rarely happens this time of year.

I have a older travel trailer. If it wasn't for having to winterize it again afterwards I would do some camping earlier than normal during these nice stretches.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2022, 08:23 PM

4,168 posts, read 2,566,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam812 View Post
I am way too delicate for winter camping now. Done it as a teenager in a tent but we are way more adventuress when young. I was at a friends house yesterday that we camp at the same areas. Camping got brought up because we are in a crazy heat wave. It was 57 degrees here and normally it should be 29 degrees out as a high. When I looked it was warmer here than Newport. That rarely happens this time of year.

I have a older travel trailer. If it wasn't for having to winterize it again afterwards I would do some camping earlier than normal during these nice stretches.
Enjoy the nice weather while you can. Who knows how long it will last. You guys just have a case of cabin fever, lol. There are also some cool yt videos on winterizing older travel trailers. I have two lefts thumbs but like to see what others have done. I live vicariously, lol.

Old 02-11-2022, 10:30 AM

2,450 posts, read 1,677,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlulu23 View Post
Enjoy the nice weather while you can. Who knows how long it will last. You guys just have a case of cabin fever, lol. There are also some cool yt videos on winterizing older travel trailers. I have two lefts thumbs but like to see what others have done. I live vicariously, lol.
I also enjoy the youtube videos of what some do to live in their campers year around in colder climates. The winterizing I mean is draining my water heater and filling water lines with antifreeze so they don't freeze.

Old 02-11-2022, 12:41 PM

4,168 posts, read 2,566,459 times
Yeah, like Cheap RV Living, and a bunch of others. Who needs tv when we have yt, lol.

Hey, if you want to continue this maybe we should go to PM before we are given the axe for being OT. I always wander all over the place, sorry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota > Sioux Falls