Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2024, 07:00 AM
Status: "It's WARY, or LEERY (weary means tired)" (set 18 days ago)

16,146 posts, read 21,279,901 times

Advertisements

Pffffft. In retail... I pass customers quite a bit in doing daily routine tasks. Many of them I pass by multiple times in a short period of time simply because I have tasks in the same area (s) they are shopping. Some of them ask if I'm stalking them (some are joking and some are weirdly serious about it). There is also that whole thing about smiling and offering assistance that is typically supposed to be a requirement of the job.
UNLESS an employee is going above and beyond that in trying to attract the attention of a particular customer I would most definitely not attach any kind of meaning to the fact that you shared a look or happened to be in near proximity. Truthfully most of the time with customers it's 'out of sight, out of mind'.

Old 04-24-2024, 07:14 AM

8,091 posts, read 3,586,406 times
Next time you think a woman caught you looking at her butt smile at her and shrug your shoulders a little implying you know you got busted but what's done is done. "I was looking somewhere else" makes you seem more guilty, even if you really were looking somewhere else. Unless you're in the UK getting caught looking at someone's butt isn't a crime.

Old 04-24-2024, 07:57 AM

24,810 posts, read 11,217,157 times
If in OP's age group you space out at a young ladies rear and then make a mountain out of a mole hill - change supermarkets:>)

Old 04-24-2024, 10:03 AM

2,158 posts, read 1,076,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threestep2 View Post
If in OP's age group you space out at a young ladies rear and then make a mountain out of a mole hill - change supermarkets:>)
Just like the advice given for his previous gas station dilemma.

Old 04-24-2024, 01:38 PM

9,493 posts, read 8,486,494 times
I can somewhat relate as a grocery store I regularly go to used to have this female employee who would seemingly always go out of her way to say hello and smile at me. I usually go very early in the a.m. when it's not busy at all so it wouldn't be difficult to notice me walking in. Finally she got up the courage to chat with me at the self checkout and she said I looked exactly like her ex husband. I smiled and asked if that was good or bad and we both got a good laugh out of it. Never went beyond that and it wasn't uncomfortable for me to see her again once or twice a week. I just smiled and said hello/good morning and went about my shopping. It's only uncomfortable if you make it uncomfortable.

Old 04-24-2024, 03:56 PM

883 posts, read 477,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
Pffffft. In retail... I pass customers quite a bit in doing daily routine tasks. Many of them I pass by multiple times in a short period of time simply because I have tasks in the same area (s) they are shopping. Some of them ask if I'm stalking them (some are joking and some are weirdly serious about it). There is also that whole thing about smiling and offering assistance that is typically supposed to be a requirement of the job.
UNLESS an employee is going above and beyond that in trying to attract the attention of a particular customer I would most definitely not attach any kind of meaning to the fact that you shared a look or happened to be in near proximity. Truthfully most of the time with customers it's 'out of sight, out of mind'.

Yeah well see this is it and what l've thought alternatively. Maybe it's absolutely nothing, maybe it's just coincidences.The only thing is the way she just stared right at me that day and held it and she's def' in a shyt with me now.
But ldk, this is a small area, pocket, l haven't been here long. So l'm not a local yet and it's a bit of an art form living here it's not like some big city area and areas that l'm use to before this.
So l've always been aware that any hanky panky or misunderstandings will likely spread around and so your a little bit weary .

Last edited by randomx; 04-24-2024 at 04:31 PM..

Old 04-24-2024, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida2014 View Post
I can somewhat relate as a grocery store I regularly go to used to have this female employee who would seemingly always go out of her way to say hello and smile at me. I usually go very early in the a.m. when it's not busy at all so it wouldn't be difficult to notice me walking in. Finally she got up the courage to chat with me at the self checkout and she said I looked exactly like her ex husband. I smiled and asked if that was good or bad and we both got a good laugh out of it. Never went beyond that and it wasn't uncomfortable for me to see her again once or twice a week. I just smiled and said hello/good morning and went about my shopping. It's only uncomfortable if you make it uncomfortable.

Yeah right see, could be nothing hell ldk. There was a few weird things though as l was saying butttt.
Yeah , l think best l just go about my business. There's been a few other weird things around the place, town, too, and not really being a local yeah, it's a tricky business keeping your nose clean in a place this size sometimes.

They all know everyone, crap even if it's not crap, will get around and just like this thread ,,,, the bs and Mod cut. show will start flying-----andddddd you know it will.

Funny though yeah as you say l usually pick the quieter hours locally too if l can.
Anyway, l'll leave it all here at that, all sorted and thanks to most. All the rest can just go on having fun among themselves.

Modo cut: Off-topic.

Last edited by PJSaturn; Yesterday at 09:53 PM.. Reason: Inappropriate language; circumventing the filter.

Old 04-24-2024, 06:55 PM

6,511 posts, read 4,048,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomx View Post
\\

Oh God, so now l'm a stalker bc she pops up everywhere l go, vice verse wouldn't even be possible anyway.
l'll probably be an axe murderer next post.

Anyway, this is ridiculously exhausting, l'll take Ruth's advice and see what happens. Thx Ruth
You asked what her behavior is about. I gave one possibility, that she is completely misunderstanding the whole situation.

Old 04-24-2024, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
Pffffft. In retail... I pass customers quite a bit in doing daily routine tasks. Many of them I pass by multiple times in a short period of time simply because I have tasks in the same area (s) they are shopping.

Could be as simple as that, don't know. Well except for the look she had the last time rather than the smiles for mths before.
Anyway, suppose l'll know soon enough.

Last edited by PJSaturn; Yesterday at 09:51 PM.. Reason: Fixed technical glitch in quote.

Old 04-27-2024, 07:42 AM

754 posts, read 779,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
Is that a trick question?
Man with your experiences surely has a very good idea... No?

Sounds like bragging, though...
Yup, seems to me OP just wanted to let people know a good looking girl giggle back at him after catching him looking at butt and seems to be attracted to him.

Why would OP even say sorry and laugh?
Most women already know, men is going to look if you are bending like that.
Most women wouldn't even react, especially someone working at a store.

More like a suspicious story.

Last edited by wma152; 04-27-2024 at 07:52 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships