Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Radio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2021, 02:44 PM

237 posts, read 283,438 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deserterer View Post
Don't know the difference between opinions and facts?
Based on what you said, I don't think you do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2021, 05:27 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,687,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoreau424 View Post
Some people frankly leave the world worse off than before they came along, through their words and actions. That's his legacy. Death by cancer doesn't change the trail and wake of what he's left behind. His life is how he'll be remembered, not his death.
what did he leave behind? what did he do that harmed people?

Old 02-28-2021, 02:25 PM

6,502 posts, read 7,531,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
I always found Mark Levin or Michael Savage to be a better listen.
Savage and Levin get all worked up but are at least funny and fun to listen too even if you completely disagree with them, to me Rush was just angry and not very entertaining.

In 2008, my economics professor proclaimed Limbaugh to be the real voice of the Republican party and he was partially right. Especially after Trump took command in 2016.

Old 02-28-2021, 02:58 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,687,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malcorub16 View Post
Savage and Levin get all worked up but are at least funny and fun to listen too even if you completely disagree with them, to me Rush was just angry and not very entertaining.

In 2008, my economics professor proclaimed Limbaugh to be the real voice of the Republican party and he was partially right. Especially after Trump took command in 2016.
Savage was a little too nuts for me. I liked levin' for a while. Trump wasn't angry, he was more moderate than both of those guys. I wonder if people who say that have actually listened to his broadcast or just some clips.

The last conservative talk radio guy I liked was andy dean. But they dropped him from the station. I also liked former democrat governor paterson but they dropped him also.

Old 03-02-2021, 05:55 PM

1,557 posts, read 1,047,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
what did he leave behind? what did he do that harmed people?
The nasty, hateful remarks he made about Chelsea Clinton and Amy Carter were very hurtful to these young girls if they were aware of his comments.

Old 12-04-2021, 10:11 AM

11,558 posts, read 12,050,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nefret View Post
The nasty, hateful remarks he made about Chelsea Clinton and Amy Carter were very hurtful to these young girls if they were aware of his comments.
Proof?

Old 12-10-2021, 11:52 AM

33,321 posts, read 12,516,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katie45 View Post
Proof?
https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article...ugh-apologized

Rush said that his own mother even called him about the Amy Carter comment.

Old 12-20-2021, 07:42 PM

2,496 posts, read 3,246,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCGAFL View Post
You've visited this thread twice & said the same thing. We get it.
No, you read it twice. Having mental issues there Grampa?

Old 12-21-2021, 03:45 AM

927 posts, read 586,211 times
I really miss him but you can read his transcribes for free which says it exactly how he did. Nothing is like the left wing reality version they claim we MUST blindly accept.

Old 12-21-2021, 03:49 AM

927 posts, read 586,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deserterer View Post
I won't lie. I listened to him now and then. I feel its my duty to try and listen to people with different opinions. But I could never last more than 10 minutes, because I can't listen to people who have different facts, that aren't facts. I can't help but wonder if all the hatred he carried inside of him, and cultivated daily for the sake of his show, helped speed his demise. That just can't be good for a person.
What he hates is the downfall of our nation by psychopaths that have been deeply embodied in our education system in the 50s on and have taken over the media slowly (God bless Dan Ingram W77ABC whom is one of the few holdouts that knows how to not be gross) and wants to see us do better as a nation. He gets a LOT of **** thrown at him for voicing his views. He doesn't swear or drink.

Sometimes he gets 'salty' but usually during election time when they promote stupid stuff and he repeats what they did word to word leaving NOTHING out. You have to listen to his whole show to find out. I used to avoid him for the longest time based on false hersay.

I will NEVER believe in online myths again!!!!!! I have left many forums in frustration because they cannot be convinced and pat each other on the back over stupid soft/white lies.

But wait I'm going to be banned here for DARING to express a slightly right of hard left view. Bring the downvotes on!!!! I'll just burn those downvotes for extra heat in my fireplace.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Radio