Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2024, 12:44 PM

8,134 posts, read 4,030,964 times

Advertisements

The palestinians could, if they desired, rise up and overthrow Hamas. They do not desire to do so.
The palestinians could, if they desired, turn over all Hamas fighters and Israeli hostages.

That they do not do so means they are not civilians anymore, and thus they are not civilian casualties.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2024, 01:28 PM

9,082 posts, read 4,788,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moguldreamer View Post
The palestinians could, if they desired, rise up and overthrow Hamas. They do not desire to do so.
The palestinians could, if they desired, turn over all Hamas fighters and Israeli hostages.

That they do not do so means they are not civilians anymore, and thus they are not civilian casualties.
Good point.

Old 04-15-2024, 03:38 PM

19,984 posts, read 9,530,725 times
I just saw this: https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...chief-of-staff
Quote:
Israel’s top general has said the country will respond to Iran’s missile and drone attack, but it remains unclear what form that response will take and whether it will be so forceful that it could tip a worsening spiral of violence into a full-scale regional war.
My question is what is meant by a full-scale regional war? Does anyone reading this know or want to guess?

I'm confused because I thought a full-scale regional war was already occurring.

Last edited by katharsis; 04-15-2024 at 04:04 PM..

Old 04-15-2024, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
I just saw this: https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...chief-of-staff

My question is what is meant by a full-scale regional war? Does anyone reading this know or want to guess?

I'm confused because I thought a full-scale regional war was already occurring.
You are not confused.

The people briefing it don't want to admit it, and the people reporting don't understand it.

Old 04-16-2024, 10:04 AM

24,464 posts, read 23,166,711 times
Full scale regional war? Its not even close to the Ukraine Russia dog and pony show and half of what we saw there was bad CGI and fake reporting.

Old 04-17-2024, 11:40 AM

19,984 posts, read 9,530,725 times
"The latest | Iran president warns of ‘massive’ response if Israel launches ‘tiniest invasion’"

The above is the headline of the following link:
https://apnews.com/article/israel-ir...2d240dad9d462f
Quote:
Iran’s president has warned that the “tiniest invasion” by Israel would bring a “massive and harsh” response, as the region braces for potential Israeli retaliation after Iran’s attack over the weekend.

[snip]

Iran launched hundreds of missiles and drones at Israel over the weekend in response to an apparent Israeli strike on Iran’s embassy compound in Syria on April 1 that killed 12 people, including two Iranian generals.
I truly do think we are on the brink of another world war. I just hope that I am wrong about that.

MODS: I was not sure which thread to post on, as this thread is titled the Israel/Hamas War, but as Iran now seems to be a major part of this conflict/war/mess, should anything now referring to Israel be in this thread of not? Thanks -- and please move my posts to the appropriate thread.

Old 04-18-2024, 12:38 PM

17,698 posts, read 13,512,656 times
Remember the Alamo!Remember Pearl Harbor!
Remember Oct 7th!

Old 04-18-2024, 02:25 PM

6,851 posts, read 3,092,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
While I am sure that there are some cases (sadly) where Palestinians have been abused by the IDF, it is still a fact that laws in Israel make it clear that this behavior is illegal.

If an Israli wanders into the wrong city, they will be murdered. So how both countries are savage?!
There are cases , yes. Which is frustrating to see. And IDF does crack down on them when found. Whether they do it enough or not is debatable.

Israel arrests settlers after rampage on Palestinian village leaves 1 dead

But these kinds of incidents do Not rise to the actions of constant rocket barrages from Hamas and Hezbollah and certainly not to the massacre of Oct 7th, imho.

Old 04-18-2024, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by naicha View Post
There are cases , yes. Which is frustrating to see. And IDF does crack down on them when found. Whether they do it enough or not is debatable.

Israel arrests settlers after rampage on Palestinian village leaves 1 dead

But these kinds of incidents do Not rise to the actions of constant rocket barrages from Hamas and Hezbollah and certainly not to the massacre of Oct 7th, imho.
No, they happen because there was an intifada that had been forming for months (or years) before that incident, which means NBC was engaged in antisemitic propaganda, when they posted that article in Aug.

https://www.reuters.com/world/middle...ls-2023-03-14/
Quote:
JERICHO, West Bank, March 14 (Reuters) - Before a group of young men from Aqabat Jabr refugee camp mounted a botched attack on a restaurant in Jericho popular with Israeli settlers in January, they declared allegiance to Hamas.
Their story illustrates the complex mix of spontaneous action and association between established factions and new groups during an upsurge in violence in the occupied West Bank that has fuelled fears of a new Palestinian intifada to follow the uprisings of the 1980s and early 2000s.
"All the signs are that the intifada is coming," said the Hamas cadre, who declined to be named for fear of Israeli reprisals. "There is a new generation of people who believe the only solution is armed struggle."

Old 04-18-2024, 02:48 PM

6,851 posts, read 3,092,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRex2 View Post
No, they happen because there was an intifada that had been forming for months (or years) before that incident, which means NBC was engaged in antisemitic propaganda, when they posted that article in Aug.
I just assume there is Always an intifada going on over there by 'someone'.
West Bank just seems like the Wild West to me, and I am sure it is a headache for the IDF, both from the Palestinians there and Israeli settlers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies