Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Fort Collins area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2022, 01:45 PM

8,390 posts, read 7,639,371 times

Advertisements

Just adding some links for free and low cost transportation services for seniors in Loveland, Fort Collins, and greater Larimer County for any seniors who have difficulty driving:

City of Loveland bus routes (seniors get discounts): https://www.lovgov.org/services/publ...ks/bus-service

Fort Collins and Loveland: SAINTS is a volunteer call up senior transportation providing free rides in both Fort Collins and Loveland: https://saintvolunteertransportation.org/

City of Loveland Paratransit service for those who are unable to drive or take buses due to disabilities: https://www.lovgov.org/Home/Componen...ctory/133/1765

City of Fort Collins Dial A Ride for seniors: Dial-A-Ride | RideTransfort

City of Fort Collins Bus Schedule: RideTransfort

Broader Larimer County Senior Transport Services, including rural areas (list of services throughout the county begins on page 11): https://www.larimer.org/sites/defaul...pendices_0.pdf

And, of course, there are always Uber and Lyft as well (not cheap, but good fill ins when other transportation isn't available).

Hope this list is helpful to someone!

Last edited by RosieSD; 10-26-2022 at 02:16 PM..

Old 10-26-2022, 02:14 PM

8,940 posts, read 20,362,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieSD View Post
Just adding some links for free and low cost transportation services for seniors in Loveland, Fort Collins, and greater Larimer County for any seniors who have difficulty driving:

City of Loveland bus routes (seniors get discounts): https://www.lovgov.org/services/publ...ks/bus-service

Fort Collins and Loveland: SAINTS is a volunteer call up senior transportation providing free rides in both Fort Collins and Loveland: https://saintvolunteertransportation.org/

City of Loveland Paratransit service for those who are unable to drive or take buses due to disabilities: https://www.lovgov.org/Home/Componen...ctory/133/1765

City of Fort Collins Dial A Ride for seniors: Dial-A-Ride | RideTransfort

City of Fort Collins Bus Schedule: RideTransfort

Broader Larimer County Senior Transport Services, including rural areas (list of services throughout the county begins on page 11): https://www.larimer.org/sites/defaul...pendices_0.pdf

And, of course, there are always Uber and Lyft as well.

Hope this list is helpful to someone!
We drive safely and don't need any kind of transportation. It's the others that need to slow down and drive more safely.

When I was in EMS, which wasn't called that when I did it, I went to a number of accidents where law enforcement put on their report..........."Accident due to speeding".

Old 10-26-2022, 02:24 PM

1,252 posts, read 1,103,672 times
When I was young (61 now) I used to see all those slow driving old people and think: Why are they going so slow. They don't have much time left, so why don't they hurry up, get where they are going sooner, and enjoy what time they have left?

Anyway, I've noticed how fast people drive across Boise these days. I-84 is 65 mph across the city. Say 10 years ago I used to drive 70 across town and pass more people than passed me. Now it's 72 or faster, and still more people are passing me than I pass people. I-184, the connector, is 60 mph, but no one drives under 70, including me.

Old 10-26-2022, 02:28 PM

6,926 posts, read 6,932,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyBoomers2 View Post
And, this is why my wife keeps telling me "I don't want any part of a forum where members don't understand and/or don't want to understand."

With the right replies, City-Data can be a very informative forum.
Going by your responses in the numerous other threads that you have started, it would appear that you consider a reply to be "right" only when it reinforces your own preconceived notions, be they right or be they wrong.

In regard to Loveland, it and other Colorado cities - especially those on the Front Range - will continue to grow, at least for now. People consider Colorado to be a desirable place to live for all the standard reasons - spectacular scenery, the mountains, legal marijuana (and maybe legal mushrooms), etc., etc.

However, sooner or later Colorado and the other western states are going to have to deal with that elephant looking in through everyone's picture windows and that elephant is called mega drought/climate change. 40 million westerners depend on the Colorado River for their water and that river is already suffering from over allocation and climate change is drawing down river flows and reservoir levels at an alarming rate. In 20 years - very probably less - people will be leaving Colorado in large numbers due to lack of water.

If it makes you feel any better, karma is going to bite those young speeders of yours in the you-know-what. If I were 20, I'd be looking for a new place to relocate to and sooner rather than later. Even at my advanced age, I worry that I may be forced to leave my rural part of Colorado when enough farmers and ranchers sell their irrigation rights to far away urban centers so that the local economy crashes.

At any rate, wherever you go there will be people who drive too fast and don't understand the importance of rodeos and the cowboy way of life. Lakes suitable for boating are going to diminish in size - just look at Lake Powell and Lake Mead which are at all time record lows and continue to go ever lower. If I were you, I'd just hunker down in Loveland which is a very nice city in MHO. I have a cousin who lives there and she just loves it. She's about your age too.

Old 10-26-2022, 03:28 PM

8,940 posts, read 20,362,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Rambler View Post
Going by your responses in the numerous other threads that you have started, it would appear that you consider a reply to be "right" only when it reinforces your own preconceived notions, be they right or be they wrong.

In regard to Loveland, it and other Colorado cities - especially those on the Front Range - will continue to grow, at least for now. People consider Colorado to be a desirable place to live for all the standard reasons - spectacular scenery, the mountains, legal marijuana (and maybe legal mushrooms), etc., etc.

However, sooner or later Colorado and the other western states are going to have to deal with that elephant looking in through everyone's picture windows and that elephant is called mega drought/climate change. 40 million westerners depend on the Colorado River for their water and that river is already suffering from over allocation and climate change is drawing down river flows and reservoir levels at an alarming rate. In 20 years - very probably less - people will be leaving Colorado in large numbers due to lack of water.

If it makes you feel any better, karma is going to bite those young speeders of yours in the you-know-what. If I were 20, I'd be looking for a new place to relocate to and sooner rather than later. Even at my advanced age, I worry that I may be forced to leave my rural part of Colorado when enough farmers and ranchers sell their irrigation rights to far away urban centers so that the local economy crashes.

At any rate, wherever you go there will be people who drive too fast and don't understand the importance of rodeos and the cowboy way of life. Lakes suitable for boating are going to diminish in size - just look at Lake Powell and Lake Mead which are at all time record lows and continue to go ever lower. If I were you, I'd just hunker down in Loveland which is a very nice city in MHO. I have a cousin who lives there and she just loves it. She's about your age too.
This coming winter, which basically is already here, will be our last one. It's not just the people we don't seem to get along with (know nothing about rodeo), it's also the winters now.

We sort of knew the Front Range was changing when we left in 2007, but never/ever thought it would change as much as it has. When we visited Loveland, for the County Fair, in 2003, it was much, much different than it is now. We should've seen that before we moved here in 2019, but unfortunately (for us) we didn't.

Like I've already said, there are those, our age, younger and older, that love it here and those that don't and have left. We've talked to a few, before they moved, that no longer liked Loveland or Colorado.

With winter coming, those young folks here who have arms, legs and their neck full of tattoos, should be living someplace like So. California or even Florida, where they can show off their "art" all year long. But, that is just MHO, which counts for very little on this thread or other threads I've done.

Old 10-26-2022, 05:21 PM

Quote:
T
With winter coming, those young folks here who have arms, legs and their neck full of tattoos, should be living someplace like So. California or even Florida, where they can show off their "art" all year long.
Another helpful link for your research on Las Vegas:

Top 120 Tattoo Shops in Las Vegas Metro Area

https://www.offthestrip.com/listing/tattoo-shops

Please don't shoot the messenger.

Last edited by RosieSD; 10-26-2022 at 06:18 PM..

Old 10-26-2022, 05:54 PM

17,707 posts, read 29,800,391 times
I am 74 and think people drive normally (not too fast nor too slow) in The City & County of Denver.
I drove slowish as I am not in a hurry.

Old 10-26-2022, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davebarnes View Post
I am 74 and think people drive normally (not too fast nor too slow) in The City & County of Denver.
I drove slowish as I am not in a hurry.
When I was a child, my father had a theory that everyone who drove too slow was an old guy wearing a hat.

Then my father became an old man, and the theory changed to everyone who drove too fast was a young guy wearing a hat.

My father hated hats.

Old 10-26-2022, 06:37 PM

5,529 posts, read 12,662,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieSD View Post
When I was a child, my father had a theory that everyone who drove too slow was an old guy wearing a hat.

Then my father became an old man, and the theory changed to everyone who drove too fast was a young guy wearing a hat.

My father hated hats.

Thanks for the levity!

Old 10-26-2022, 07:05 PM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,694 posts, read 58,004,579 times
Quote:
Would YOU have the money to "check out other places"?? We sure don't!
....But You actually have an INCOME!!! (SS + working spouse). We do about 30 trips / yr, very inexpensively (And with NO INCOME for last 17 yrs of retirement, finally this yr we'll get a single earner SS payment. no dual incomes in this family, just hourly night shft worker, much of which was in a Loveland factory 4PM - 2AM, then delivering milk door-to-door in Loveland 2AM - 6 AM) i.e. minimal earnings, never came close to SS earnings cap)

Actually, the complaining I was doing, which is very verifiable among other seniors living in Loveland, is how fast-paced the city is getting.
... and my senior friends in Loveland don't complain (even if they don't like it, its a LOT better than many other options available today, they know that.) I'm in your neighborhood at least every month, attending senior events at Faith Church. There are about 200 seniors at each event. We also attend community senior events. (Such as Valentine Stamping) I don't hear complaining when associating with hundreds of Loveland seniors / yr. As I told my kids... "Time to find some new friends. Many will bring you down, few will lift you up. Your choice!" (I hope you are also not complaining when with nagging seniors be a GOOD friend).
Apparently the word has gotten out about how small the P.D. is here
...LEO has changed everywhere. Our state no longer allows pursuits, only under very narrow terms LEO we know can't wait to leave the workforce. Currently just trying to stay alive to make it to pension date. And, I know many retired LPD officers, and more from FtC.

When winter really hits Loveland, and the area, there will be those that will complain, but instead of selling and moving, they stay and continue to complain about how cold it is and the snow.
... Friends in Loveland used their snow blowers twice last yr, Friends in Ft Collins used theirs 5x (that's normal). Beats a lot of places (Many came from IL or MN)

No matter what anyone here thinks, we see a population explosion about to happen and that's already being talked about among many seniors. I only asked about it.
...Explosion days are over, 20%+ annual popuation increases. As mentioned... water availability, RE costs, overcrowded aready... many reasons to look beyond Loveland and NOT participate in Population Explosion. (Which was 100% while I was in Loveland). Grew from (1) Fire Station to (6) Fire Stations... Had to build a new hospital, 4 lane roads (doubling traffic volume)...

And, just how many members of this entire forum have made mistakes in where they have moved to??? Guess it's not common, or good, for people to make mistakes, even if they are repeated.
Probably ALL of us have made mistakes moving. Nothing is perfect, few choices are best. But we 'carry on', and contribute to our communities daily. Home owners can't complain, who would buy their homes when they must sell?. Renters... They all complain (except mine, they are very happy that I let them live in nice rural homes). If they want to complain... they are free to find something better, and I hope they do. Being discontent sours the neighborhood and the soul.

Quote:
Any, many times I can pretty much guess their age if they are driving a big-tire "Tonka" type truck or a fairly new-to-new (looking) Mustang or a make like that. IOW, the modern day "Muscle" type car.
...Be careful about 'profiling' (again). My 96 year old friend who lived 2 minutes from you, drove his Saleen Mustang Cobra to Village Inn the day before he died. He also had a monster 4x4 he took fishing (usually to WY, Wind River)

The posted speed limit on Eisenhower Blvd. going by Lake Loveland is 35 and most go 50.
...I have driven around Lake Loveland hundreds of times (and probably speeding too), only about 20-30 x this yr, but NEVER have been run over (even on bike or motorcycle). Stay right and let those in a hurry pass. That's easy. Maybe they left the stove on, or are on the way to the airport, or emergency room. Let them go ahead and stay clear of them.

We've taken road trips also, but, most of the time, never have to complain about people speeding, ... We've lived in places where law enforcement didn't put up with this unsafe driving.
Ft Collins is pretty agressive driving because their roads and RR crossings are a PITA, and soccer moms are in a big rush and honk a lot. I've never been honked at in Loveland, but can get honked at every light (x200) in Ft Collins.

As mentioned... LEO is not what it used to be. No where in USA. Remember the wreck this yr in LV... We had just crossed that intersection, returning our rental car (another very, very cheap trip)

Police: Car in NV Crash That Killed Nine Was Going 103 MPH
https://www.jems.com/news/police-car...%20Las%20Vegas.

Crowded?
Population explosion?

Nevada and Arizona are fully participating (with even less water available)

Last edited by StealthRabbit; 10-26-2022 at 07:18 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Fort Collins area