Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-08-2010, 12:30 PM

9 posts, read 16,090 times

Advertisements

Take a look at this guy:
York County SC Sheriff's Office OffenderWatch® sex offender management, mapping and email alert program

Now take a look at this map:
Driving Directions from 3092 Frostproof Trl Rock Hill, South Carolina to Creative World Day Care Center in 2199 Mount Holly Rd Rock Hill, South Carolina

According to mapquest, the sex offender lives 0.11 miles from the day care, or 21 seconds travel time.

I'm not up to date on sex offender laws, but how can they be allowed to live SO CLOSE to a day care center???

Are you kidding? Someone please explain this to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2010, 01:49 PM

10,113 posts, read 10,965,703 times
You should send your question and maps to Amanda Carter per the sheriff's website. It will interesting to know their response.

Community Notification

Old 06-29-2010, 07:13 AM

9 posts, read 16,090 times
Well I emailed the Sheriff and Amanda Carter and got no reply.

Guess having a sex offender who lives 21 seconds from a day care center is low priority... I mean, we have all those new Dodge Chargers and other hot rods out there patrolling a couple miles of I-77! Gotta make those car payments each month.

A couple molested children aren't that important i guess....

Old 09-24-2010, 03:42 PM

1 posts, read 2,127 times
As the Public Information Officer for the York County Sheriff’s Office, I would like to respond to concerns regarding registered sex offenders living near locations such as day care centers, schools and other locations within York County.

Law enforcement agencies in South Carolina are aided by the State Law Enforcement Divisions (SLED) in monitoring sex offenders, sex offender databases and registries. One goal is to have consistent enforcement, in all South Carolina communities, of laws governing registered sex offenders. Currently, not all counties within South Carolina subscribe to an Offender Watch program and certain statewide policies are predicated on such coverage.

As laws regarding sex offenders are implemented and enforced, it is important to remember that, as with many laws, certain offenders may be “grandfathered” as to be where they can reside. In other words, depending upon the offense an offender was convicted of, whether or not the offender lived at the address prior to the passage of the law and other factors, a registered offender may legally be able to continue to reside near a location such as a day care, school or other location of concern.

Sheriff Bryant and the York County Sheriff’s Office understand your concerns; it was due to these concerns that Offender Watch was launched in York County. Offender Watch is a means to help keep the public better informed regarding sex offenders living within our community. The information offered by Offender Watch is provided as a service to help us as individuals, parents and families better keep everyone safe.

It is also important to note that the York County Sheriff’s Office maintains full-time staff to monitor and maintain the sex offender registry, to verify registered offender information and to prosecute those offenders who fail to comply with legal mandates.

It is regrettable that you have not been able to make contact with our office using the email addresses you listed. I learned of this forum and these postings while researching another issue and I would welcome the opportunity to attempt to answer any additional questions or concerns that you might have. You may contact me via email at mike.baker@yorkcountygov.com

Sincerely,

Lieutenant Mike Baker

Public Information Officer
York County Sheriff’s Office
York, South Carolina

Old 09-29-2010, 05:12 AM

444 posts, read 1,250,393 times
Thanks for taking the time to respond Lieutenant Mike Baker.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties