Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-02-2010, 10:20 PM

11 posts, read 14,145 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know anything about the pennington townhomes near the Rock Hill airport? I see them advertised for starting in the 80's, and Im kinda interested? Any information would be helpful. I am also looking at Catawba Village in Ft. Mill. They look pretty nice but I know all that glitters is not gold, LOL!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2010, 12:05 AM

10,113 posts, read 10,971,298 times
I know the Pennington Rd/Museum Rd area in Rock Hill ... but not sure about the townhouses you are referring to ... there was quite a bit of controversy by the neighbors in that area surrounding the local airport in recent years. Have you looked at the townhouses ... are they close to the RH Airport?

Local officials (York County Council & RH govt leaders) are pursuing a 1,000 foot lengthening at the airport in hopes of luring more corporate jet traffic. Neighbors were concerned with disruptions that would come with the expansion and what it would do to their property values.

Airport Rift

This ifo will only be helpful to you if the townhouses are located near the RH Airport.

Old 05-03-2010, 10:52 AM

Default That helps

Carolina Woman,
They are near the airport, like right off Museum Rd. I figured there would have to be some noise coming from the airport but didn't know this! I'll have to take that into consideration. I kinda wonder when this particular subdivision was started as I see lots with kinda high grass..with like markers and all....but I guess people quit buying out there??

Old 05-03-2010, 12:22 PM

The City of RH and York County Council are still determined to extend the runway ... neighbors are organized from what I understand and fighting the change ... but sometimes you just can't fight city hall.

My dental hygienist lives on Pennington Rd. and talks about this ... in 2008 officials did drop a noise disclosure form that would have been mandatory on the homes/townhouses/condos if the homeowner wanted to sell their property.

This is the website with a telephone number you can call or email the county regarding the Airport Overlay:

York County Airport Overlay District (http://www.yorkcountygov.com/Departments/DepartmentsNZ/PlanningandDevelopment/Divisions/Planning/AirportOverlayDistrict/tabid/581/Default.aspx - broken link)

They also have a link to the City of Rock Hill for additional info but you have to do a search on the RH site for Airport Overlay.

It's not like 747s will ever be flying in and out of there ... but it is something for you to consider. Other then the problem with the airport ... it is a good neighborhood ... good school district ... convenient for commuting ... a safe area.

Old 05-06-2010, 05:59 PM

Awesome! Thanks so much Carolina Woman! Also, have you heard anything about livewell home builders? I found out thats the builder for the area. Amazing what daylight will reveal!

Old 05-07-2010, 01:37 PM

I am sorry but I don't know anything about LiveWell Builders ... I checked their website and it seems they are a Charlotte NC based firm. They have developments in Pineville and Mt Holly NC. You could go into the Charlotte NC forum and inquire and someone there may have info that will help you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties