Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2010, 05:30 PM

55 posts, read 197,887 times

Advertisements

We are a young professional couple who will be starting a family and are looking to relocate to the Lake Wylie area. We will likely be working in Rock Hill.

We are looking for advice on which communities may be best for us. We will be wanting a house on the water, and will be looking in the $800K range. We would like a nice community that is safe and convenient (e.g. easy commutes). Some basic on-site amenities (club house, golf, pool etc.) would be a plus, but not a deal breaker. We don't know much about the school systems in the area, but this would be important to us.

Somewhere that has a target (or the like)and grocery shopping very close.

Any information about, Tega Cay, Joslin point, allison creek, sunset point

Thank you for your time
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2010, 08:45 AM

174 posts, read 733,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sally1977 View Post
We are a young professional couple who will be starting a family and are looking to relocate to the Lake Wylie area. We will likely be working in Rock Hill.

We are looking for advice on which communities may be best for us. We will be wanting a house on the water, and will be looking in the $800K range. We would like a nice community that is safe and convenient (e.g. easy commutes). Some basic on-site amenities (club house, golf, pool etc.) would be a plus, but not a deal breaker. We don't know much about the school systems in the area, but this would be important to us.

Somewhere that has a target (or the like)and grocery shopping very close.

Any information about, Tega Cay, Joslin point, allison creek, sunset point

Thank you for your time
Good morning, I actually live in Sunset Point and highly recommend the community. You can check out our website at Sunset Point. A residential community in Rock Hill, South Carolina. Please let me know if you have any specific questions.

Old 04-05-2010, 08:52 AM

Thank you for getting back with me. I have looked at the website. It looks very nice. Is there a target or close shopping by? Right now we live in so close to everything. Is ths area rural?

Old 04-05-2010, 08:56 AM

595 posts, read 1,623,440 times
Quote:
We will be wanting a house on the water, and will be looking in the $800K range.
I don't think you will have a problem finding what you want with a $800K price point. I would stick with an established community. There are a lot of unfinished subdivsions on Lake Wylie, and they probably won't be finished any time soon.

Old 04-05-2010, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Thank you for getting back with me. I have looked at the website. It looks very nice. Is there a target or close shopping by? Right now we live in so close to everything. Is ths area rural?
Target is approximately 10 minutes from Sunset Point and other shopping areas such as Harris Teeter are within 5 minutes. If you look at a map, Sunset Point is located at the southern end of Lake Wylie, very close to the Wylie dam. We have Rock Hill addresses but are actually in the County. Eventually we will be annexed within the Rock Hill city limits.

Old 04-05-2010, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DipDog3 View Post
I don't think you will have a problem finding what you want with a $800K price point. I would stick with an established community. There are a lot of unfinished subdivsions on Lake Wylie, and they probably won't be finished any time soon.
Very good point...a whole lot of unfinished subdivisions with unfinished amenities are present now on Lake Wylie.

Old 04-06-2010, 06:56 AM

Does anyone else have information on subdivision on Lake Wylie? Does Tega Cay have shopping close by?

Old 04-06-2010, 11:36 AM

622 posts, read 1,783,464 times
First, I want to agree with the previous post about unfinished communities.

Now to respond to your inquiry about a community that meets your needs. We currently live on the water in River Hills and thoroughly enjoy the community. It is a gated community with 24 hour security. It has a country club, golf course, tennis, and a marina (all require membership fees). It is convenient to Charlotte and a commute to Rock Hill is not a problem. There are a number of grocery stores (Harrie Teeter, Bi Lo, Food Lion, Aldi, and Lowes Food within a 10-15 minute time frame).

We also have a Lowe's, Home depot, and a Walmart within the same time frame.

There is a Super Target in the Rivergate Shopping Center that is 12 minutes from River Hills. Here is a link to the center:
Shop Rivergate - Home

Here is a link to the community of River Hills:
http://www.riverhillsplantation.com/inside_home.asp

Here is a link to the Country Club Info:
RHCA - RHCC1 - River Hills Country Club

Here iis a link to the Marina Info:
RHCA - RHMC1 - River Hills Marina Club

There are a number of waterfront homes available and others that are not currently listed but are considering selling.

I hope this helps. Any other questions, just fire away!

Old 04-06-2010, 12:27 PM

Wow, thanks for the information. I will have to get used to the target and grocery stores being a bit away. I am spoiled now everything is 3 blocks away.

Is there a whole foods anywhere or similar. What about a upscale mall? I like that river Hills is gated and a country club, golf course, tennis, and a marina. I can't wait to come and look around.

Thanks

Old 04-07-2010, 09:15 AM

13 posts, read 42,030 times
Tega Cay is great! Try Lake Forest in Tega Cay. You would be able to find something in your price range. The schools are great and tons of young families. It is also a great golfing community. Our child attends Lake Shore Pre-school and loves it. I would not move to NC. Higher taxes and not great schools. Good Luck in your search!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties