Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2009, 08:04 AM

1 posts, read 2,932 times

Advertisements

im relocating to SC i was wondering what area is the best places to buy a house, like in rockhill, york,lancaster,clover, or if you knew any other places. and also i need to know what are THE best schools with the best athletic programs. the location of a job is in rockhill. i seen so many houses in all areas and not seen what out there is hard to know what area is a good area,like schools,and housing.. please let me know something so i can begin my search...thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2009, 09:09 AM

156 posts, read 511,229 times
The Fort Mill School District is tops in the state - not sure about the athletics though. I would search for a home in Fort Mill or Tega Cay.

Old 10-14-2009, 09:42 AM

444 posts, read 1,250,059 times
I agree with the poster above. Fort Mill is 10-20 minutes from Rock Hill. I live in Rock Hill and it only takes 35 minutes to get to downtown Charlotte.

Old 10-14-2009, 06:28 PM

259 posts, read 797,856 times
I agree with the posters that Fort Mill/Tega Cay has the best schools. Depending on where in Rock Hill your job is, the Clover schools are supposed to also be very good. Lancaster is not a convenient drive to most of Rock Hill.

We live in Rock Hill and find it a very good place to live, but we do not have school age children.

The type of house and price range you are looking for would probably help people guide you toward what place to live. Gives us a bit more info and you might get more help.

I read this forum extensively before we moved south and it was really very helpful.

Old 10-14-2009, 07:51 PM

3 posts, read 7,602 times
Smile Relocating to SC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by teense View Post
im relocating to SC i was wondering what area is the best places to buy a house, like in rockhill, york,lancaster,clover, or if you knew any other places. and also i need to know what are THE best schools with the best athletic programs. the location of a job is in rockhill. i seen so many houses in all areas and not seen what out there is hard to know what area is a good area,like schools,and housing.. please let me know something so i can begin my search...thanks.
Hello! I personally think Fort Mill, SC is the best place to live, but what are the ages of children, what kind of jobs & price range of homes are we talking about? Schools in Fort Mill, SC have good reputation, low crime rate, & low SC taxes.

Old 10-15-2009, 08:36 AM

841 posts, read 2,475,121 times
Clover schools are really good...and they have a really good athletic department...but I believe the athletic part is mostly in Middle School and up.

Old 11-01-2009, 04:37 PM

1 posts, read 2,753 times
We have lived in Rock Hill for 10 years and we haved loved it here. We live near Rock Hill High School. The houses on this side of town (South 77) are more reasonable then the ones on the other side of town (North Side). I live right off of Dave Lyle Blvd. You are near everything without feeeling like you are. Northwestern is on the Back side of York county. They are considered a good school.

Fort Mill- is about 5 to 10 minutes from Rock Hill. They have excellent school from what my friends tell me. The housing is higher, but that is mainly because of the schools. You get what you pay for.

Clover - Small town ,but good schools.

Lancaster- Not much in Lancaster, plus it would be about a 20 to 30 minutes drive to work.

I am going to miss living here. We are moving to your town. We will be looking in Lancaster, PA next week for apts and townhomes. Any suggestions for us would be greatly appreciated.

Old 02-05-2010, 09:55 AM

1 posts, read 2,450 times
Default Rock Hill Condo Community

I don't know if you are still looking for info about Rock Hill housing but I wanted to let you know about a 55+ condo community just down the road from Winthrop University. The Village at India Hook has single level condos, a large clubhouse with pool and a maintenance free lifestyle. their website is [URL="http://www.mysouthstyle.com"]www.mysouthstyle.com[/URL]. If you are near or over 55, this may be a reasonable alternative to check out.

Old 03-04-2010, 09:20 AM

5 posts, read 13,570 times
I have grown up in Fort Mill and in the Fort Mill School System. Now my daughter attends the same school system, and it truly is the best. I may be biased, but I feel like tModerator cut: tos violation . Good luck with the move!

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 03-04-2010 at 05:20 PM..

Old 03-07-2010, 07:57 AM

2 posts, read 3,652 times
I am moving to Rock Hill soon from Vermont. I do not have school aged children so schools are not a factor for me. I will be renting a house and personal safety is very important to me. Are there any areas to be avoided? Thanks very much for any advice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties