Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-14-2009, 11:46 AM

3 posts, read 6,322 times

Advertisements

My husband and I are selling our house to move closer to our family. We have had it on the market since April 09 with no offers. We have it listed with an agent at Allen tate. At first we were having showings left and right then it started to slow down to now there is no one. In the meantime we lowered the price twice totaling $15K. We have our house staged and we are not living there. We have moved to another place. My husband goes to the house every week to take care of the yard, etc. We have reviewed the sold comps to the open comps and are priced just right for the neighborhood the house is in. It is located in a good school district, on 1/2 acre of flat land, house is 1764 sq. feet, 4 bedrooms/2 baths....It is a great house, has hardwood floors, etc... I have included the link......

1780 Havenwood Drive, Lancaster, SC, 29720 - MLS ID#1059682 - Single Family Home real estate - REALTOR.com®

Any advice??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2009, 09:01 PM

10 posts, read 30,199 times
SOMETHING is wrong. You have a beautiful home. There are 3 factors that determine a quick sale of a home: Location, Condition & Price. If one of those 3 factors are "off" the house will not sell, you then need to make adjustments. From an outsider looking in, it seems as if your agent may be a little lax. For instance, on Realtor.com, there is a message on your listing stating that there is an "Open House on 8/22" That should have been removed on 8/23, it makes the listing look stale, and your agent should be on top of these things. Your agent should have an Open House EVERY SINGLE WEEKEND until an offer is made! She should be offering YOU advice. Like I said, something is wrong and you need to find out what that something is and tell your Agent that you're not happy. This is a soft market but not a dead market...your home should have more traffic. Good Luck

Old 09-16-2009, 06:39 PM

157 posts, read 381,156 times
Nice House. Unfortunately, it has all the wrong stuff. Formal rooms, big yard to cut, small bathrooms without all of the bells and whistles. Lancaster is not a great place to sell a house. It could take 1-2 years to sell it. If you had people looking and they didn't make an offer. 1) the interior or neighborhood was not what they were looking for 2) Overpriced compared to others of the same size ON THE MARKET, 3) undesirable neighbors per their opinion. If you want to get rid of it quickly, give it away. If you can leave it on the market, do it. Nice House! I love it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties