Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2007, 06:01 AM

7 posts, read 71,275 times

Advertisements

We are moving to either North or South Carolina. Our first choice is Tega Cay. We can afford up to $200,000, maybe a little more. Anyone have a house for sale?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2007, 06:07 AM

1,453 posts, read 5,149,808 times
Beware of anything in Tega Cay for under $200k. There are a lot of homes in there that were originally built for vacation homes and have not been kept up through the years. Some are in need of serious repair. If you find one, get a Buyer's Agent for yourself and make sure you get a good home inspector.

Old 02-14-2007, 07:14 AM

2,536 posts, read 9,213,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by businessperson View Post
Beware of anything in Tega Cay for under $200k. There are a lot of homes in there that were originally built for vacation homes and have not been kept up through the years. Some are in need of serious repair. If you find one, get a Buyer's Agent for yourself and make sure you get a good home inspector.
I do agree with you businessperson that having a great agent that really knows Tega Cay, and having a home inspector is important....I would go on to say having those two things are important to have no matter what the age of the home is.

I do disagree with you though...that just because a home is $200K or less one needs to throw up red glad warnings. Many of the older homes have been well taken care of...but due to the fact that they are usually smaller homes on smaller lots this will also create the lower prices. And I don't get the relationship of just because they might have originally been built as vacation homes...this having anything to do with their current condition?

Old 02-14-2007, 07:20 AM

I'm sorry that I was unclear about this. I have sold homes in Tega Cay. It's a very popular area . I just meant to give warning that if it's priced under $200 find out why. Sometimes it's a bargain...other times there's a reason. That's where I'd be doing some research and asking someone for help.

Old 02-14-2007, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dclinsz View Post
We are moving to either North or South Carolina. Our first choice is Tega Cay. We can afford up to $200,000, maybe a little more. Anyone have a house for sale?

Sorry dclinsz...not going to be selling my house...I'm here for good. Since your parents live in Tega Cay you probably already know that that price range is getting a little hard to come by. The pickens are also a little slim right now...but it does seem to pick up more in March and April months with more listings. I did see some in an area of Tega Cay called Heron Harbor you may be interested in (resells-and a little over $200K), a few in LakeShore, and one other that was in your price range. I am not a realtor but I believe if I post the MLS numbers here they will be deleted. Feel free to send me a PM if you are interested.

Take care

Old 02-14-2007, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by businessperson View Post
I'm sorry that I was unclear about this. I have sold homes in Tega Cay. It's a very popular area . I just meant to give warning that if it's priced under $200 find out why. Sometimes it's a bargain...other times there's a reason. That's where I'd be doing some research and asking someone for help.
No problem I just wish 3 years ago when any of those homes could have been bought for $100 or less...we would have snapped some up...course I also know they will continue to rise in price from what they are currently being offered at too (just no longer in my pocketbook range ).

Old 02-14-2007, 09:46 AM

1 posts, read 4,430 times
I too live in Tega Cay and have sold quite a few homes in Tega Cay. You can still find a great home in Tega Cay around $200k, especially if you are willing to do some updating.

Old 02-15-2007, 12:43 AM

7 posts, read 71,275 times
Thanks for all your great responses. If not right in Tega Cay, where do any of you suggest? What about right over the border in NC?

Old 02-15-2007, 04:27 AM

There's a nice family friendly neighborhood just outside Tega Cay called Knightsbridge. And a few new developments on Hwy 160 going from Tega Cay to Hwy 49S in Charlotte. There's also a new development called Whiltey Mills that's nice. If you want specifics send me a pm.

Old 02-15-2007, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dclinsz View Post
Thanks for all your great responses. If not right in Tega Cay, where do any of you suggest? What about right over the border in NC?
I rec'd your PM and sent you one back.

In Fort Mill you might also check:
Waterstone
Palmetto Plantation
Palmetto West

Across the stateline (closest to us in Tega Cay/Fort Mill) is SW Charlotte. They are now building several new subdivisions off of hwy 160 (between Gold Hill Rd and Hwy 49). The closed sub. right now to the stateline is Falcon Ridge (there is a gentleman on the NC side of this site that just bought a home in there...goes by the name flying scotsman)

Good Luck with your search!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties