Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-22-2008, 10:10 AM

28 posts, read 99,908 times

Advertisements

Hi there, I was jsut wondering if any new anythign about the Charlotte Knights game. Do the game attract a large crowd? Can u bring in snacks or tailgaite? Just wondering! Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2008, 07:58 AM

187 posts, read 549,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyforever View Post
Hi there, I was jsut wondering if any new anythign about the Charlotte Knights game. Do the game attract a large crowd? Can u bring in snacks or tailgaite? Just wondering! Thanks
I'm hardly the complete expert on this, but I have been to the ballpark to review it. I plan to go back several times. (Yes, I know, I forgot to send out my review last time -- if anyone's still wanting to see it, please DM me.) Here's what I know, based on my visits there and to other parks.

Knights games usually get anywhere from about 2500 to 10,000 fans. The heaviest crowds will be on the weekends and on July 4. The stadium holds a little over 10,000. I went on a Friday and there was still plenty of room to park and maneuver around within the stadium.

You can tailgate, but not a lot of people do. There's not really a market for it here. In fact, minor league baseball hasn't drawn a lot of tailgating interest in most of the markets I've attended, and I've been to games in many cities and states.

I guess you might be able to bring in a snack or two if you snuck it in a pocket or something, but they would probably look through a bag at the gates. Also, the concessions are highly varied and extremely cheap. In most cases, I have no qualms at all with giving my money to the team's concessions, and especially not in Charlotte. You're not going to have any problem finding something good to eat on the cheap.

I hope this helps. I know we have a member that also works at the ballpark, so they can probably expand on anything I mentioned.

Most importantly, go see a game! I guarantee you'll have fun.

Old 05-23-2008, 10:10 AM

119 posts, read 361,074 times
Wanted to add that on Saturday night games, they have a fireworks show that the kids enjoy!

Old 05-28-2008, 10:36 PM

1,865 posts, read 5,377,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandchug View Post
I know we have a member that also works at the ballpark, so they can probably expand on anything I mentioned.

Most importantly, go see a game! I guarantee you'll have fun.
That would be me

There's hardly any tailgaters out there. I've seen people bring in a backpack with their own stuff in it. I would say if it's in clear, zip-loc bags you can bring in snacks. The only people I've seen bringing in their own food was for babies.

There's a pretty good selection of food to eat at the concessions. You have your typical ball park food, along with Papa John's Pizza, Sonny's BBQ, Subway sandwiches & the Home Run Cafe restaurant upstairs. There's $1 hot dogs on Wed., Thirsty Thurs for $2 beers & Fireworks on Sat. BTW, beer is not served on Sundays. FYI, the 4 concessions are generally run by non-profit groups that are not paid employees.

It definitely is a fun & relatively inexpensive night out! Come join us!!

BxRosie
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties