Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-31-2006, 04:22 PM

2 posts, read 4,132 times

Advertisements

Husband & I are relocating to Charlotte area in Jan. Found a couple of townhouses in Fort Mill/Indian Land area we are interested in. I will be working in Fort Mill on Stateview Blvd, my husband needs to commute to North Charlotte - Hutchinson McDonald Rd. His commute will be about 22 mi up I-77 from the area we are looking for home. I'm wondering what the rush hour is like - how long, etc., if he left home around 5:30 AM & began his return around 3:30 PM? Is there a better route? Also, is there a different area we should consider? We are active late 40's - early 50's, grown children (none at home), no pets, non-smoking. We're used to living in small community with lower crime in close proximity to metropolitan area. Initially looking to rent for year or two until we can decide on purchase. Husband wants me to be closest to work because my hours can be long, but I don't want him to have a horrible commute through downtown Charlotte every day.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. We don't know anyone in the area and I feel we are really flying blind trying to find the right area for us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2006, 07:56 PM

26 posts, read 82,482 times
Hi - I will be glad to help you - I am a local realtor who was born and raised in this area, so I hope I can give you some good advice. Your husband should have an easy commute during those hours of the day. Leaving at 5:30, he'll be able to zip up the interstate with no problem, and if his hours end at 3:30, then he'll be off the interstate long before the 4:30 rush begins. The morning rush is usually its heaviest between 7:15 and 8:15 and gets congested right before the downtown areas. Depending on where your townhome is, I may be able to suggest some alternative routes for you - quick "backroads" routes. You will LOVE the Fort Mill area - it is such a wonderful community with easy access to EVERYTHING! And the people are so inviting and friendly. I don't think you'll regret your decision for one second. Best of luck to you, and I'll be happy to answer any other questions you may have.

Old 01-01-2007, 01:22 AM

617 posts, read 2,574,183 times
I in school at Winthrop, in Rock Hill, and am from Greenville. I was heading home one weekend and made the mistake of leaving Rock Hill around 5. I-77 can get pretty slow around Charlotte between 4:30 and 6 or so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties