Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2008, 07:50 PM

81 posts, read 310,231 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsantamaria View Post
I couldn't agree more. We lived in Nashville for 5 years and I honestly felt no desire to make it my "home" so I didn't offer much of myself to the neighborhood and such.

This time around, we plan to stick for a long time to come - and I really like the friendliness of people here. Once we settle in I'll be looking around for things to get involved in, especially with my young daughter.

We are opening a business as well so I'm sure I will get to know lots of people through different branches of networking.

This is hard for me because it's the first time I'm completely separated from my family (outside of my husband of course) and so here I have no one - haven't had time to make any friends yet....I can't wait to just settle in, stop MOVING already and start enjoying life!

I have to say I didn't think I was going to like it here overall as much as I do. I'm glad I was wrong!
I agree. Moving is the hardest thing I (we, my family also) have ever done.
This is a great place, beautiful! And the people are really nice too. But leaving family (both my husbands and mine) is really hard. I can't imagine the pioneers, especially the new wives, leaving their families, knowing they would probably never see them again. We live in a great age, in so many ways. And I believe that South Carolina is a good place to raise children, and the opportunities here are good in all aspects necessary to fullfilling purpose in ones life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2008, 07:55 PM

Default again....

I forgot to say...my best friend from childhood moved to Brentwood, outside of Nashville, and they love it. I haven't been there to visit yet, but hope to go this summer. And actually, I would love to visit Nashville. Ricky Skaggs comes to our church here often. I never knew I would like bluegrass so much.

Old 04-12-2008, 04:23 PM

116 posts, read 431,742 times
Brentwood happens to be one of the nicer areas around Nashville, Franklin as well. Also, more north is Hendersonville where we lived. After that, it's kinda shady.

My husband had Ricky Skaggs as a client!

Old 04-12-2008, 05:15 PM

Well, ya'll must be pretty good folks then!

I remember hearing that Hendersonville was a great place. Can't remember from whom.
After my friend moved to Brentwood, her whole family (siblings and their families, plus her parents) all moved in the near vicinity. Wish I could get mine to do the same here!
I've met lots of families new to the area here, that have relatives who followed them.
I know it's hard on the families who have lived here for generations to see so much change to their neighborhoods and land. But hopefully, everyone will contribute something positive to the area, and help it to grow in ways that will benefit many families.

Old 08-27-2010, 07:59 AM

3 posts, read 5,219 times
Back to the Steele Meadows topic (2 years later). Does anyone on these forums still live there and able to provide opinion? I see it is about 1/4 mile from the Norfolk Southern tracks. Is that a nuisance or do they roll through the area relatively quiety and not blow their horn. Is there still undeveloped property? Crime? Any information would be greatly appreciated!

Old 08-29-2010, 03:11 PM

564 posts, read 1,459,468 times
I know several people in the that live in Steal Meadows. I have not heard the train when I have been there. It is a great subdivision. People are nice and I have not heard of any crime. Most people I know that have moved were transferred. I think many of these people were in before the crunch and were able to afford the loan they took out. They have an active HOA that is not expensive basically entry upkeep. It is a great location.

Old 09-13-2010, 09:33 AM

3 posts, read 5,219 times
I appreciate the feedback, mayday30. We went ahead with our offer and close on Sep. 30th. Looking forward to moving into the area.

Old 01-14-2015, 08:01 AM

1 posts, read 965 times
Does anyone have any current information on Steele Meadows? We are looking to purchase a home there...

Old 01-14-2015, 08:58 AM

625 posts, read 494,640 times
I live in a neighborhood nearby and though I can't speak as someone that lives in the neighborhood, I can say as someone that lives about 1 1/2 miles away and driven by there that it looked a bit run down. You're also going to be directly next to a factory and right next to a very active rail line. I hear the train as it crosses from where I live and I'm over a mile away from the crossing, I can't imagine living next to it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties