Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-24-2015, 01:04 PM

1 posts, read 1,024 times

Advertisements

So we are thinking about moving from ny my only concern right now is that my son who is 4 is suppose to start kindergarten in sept but from reading different things online he would not be starting kindergarten because of his birthday. he is born sept 21. my question is preschool in the area how much does it run is it full day half day?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2015, 02:05 PM

547 posts, read 775,212 times
Correct. Your son would have to be 5 by September 1 to start kindergarten in Fort Mill schools. We had our child in preschool, full day, at the Goddard school on Gold Hill near i77. Another reputable preschool is Field of Dreams in Baxter Village. Cost is around $200/week.

Old 01-26-2015, 07:00 AM

625 posts, read 490,067 times
There are a lot of excellent pre-school options in the area. If you're looking for full day, Field of Dreams was a great school (we had our son in the one in Indian Land). They weren't pushy on academics, which was fine by me. If you're looking for a more rigorous academic setting Goddard might be a better choice. We used to have him in Bright Horizons in NJ which had a strong academic curriculum.

Even with Field of Dream's lighter approach, my son was fully prepared for kindergarten this year and is doing great. Being that your son is older, they may put him in their kindy program which is more academic.

Old 01-26-2015, 12:19 PM

29 posts, read 43,750 times
We too are looking at pre-schools. We've looked at a variety so far. As mentioned Goddard is very good and along those same lines at a slightly higher price point and a little more academically you also have Primrose. The higher priced ones seem to have plenty of vacancy and room to get our daughter in right of way should we want to start her immediately. We've also been looking at some of the church based schools which seem to offer the same academics but don't have all the bells and whistles as far as the actual facility is concerned. They also come in at nearly half the price as some of the franchise based preschools. There is also a waiting list and a lottery based system to get them in at the start of a new year with most of the church based preschools too. Lots of choices dependent on what you are looking for your child to get out of it academically and your budget. I would love to send our daughter to Primrose but don't have the budget to spend an additional $900 a month to do so. We are still looking and weighing out the options for her for next year but it seems the more we research the more schools we have to go check out. Good luck!

Old 01-27-2015, 05:30 PM

71 posts, read 100,027 times
My kids go to Woodhaven Baptist Child Development in Rock Hill and it is around $120 per week. Great place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties