Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-03-2014, 04:19 PM

1 posts, read 1,044 times

Advertisements

I will be relocating to the Rock Hill area, need some info about which hospital pays and/or treats their nurses better. Any information is appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2014, 09:32 AM

595 posts, read 1,626,618 times
Piedmont Medical Center:
Careers-Piedmont Medical Center-Rock Hill, SC

Old 06-05-2014, 06:17 AM

4,272 posts, read 6,326,099 times
DipDog3 - she wants to know a place that treats staff well. I don't think PMC would fit the bill even if it is in Rock Hill.

tamorton - my recommendation is to consider commuting to Charlotte to work at Carolinas Medical Center or Presbyterian. They are farther away, but they are much higher quality facilities than PMC, and I guarantee they treat staff better because these facilities aren't working from a position of fear (PMC's lack of good reputation is hurting it financially and from a patient care perspective).

CMC has doctor office locations in York County, but no hospital. I don't know if Presbyterian maintains doctor office locations in York County.

Old 06-06-2014, 02:58 AM

10,113 posts, read 10,997,311 times
Presbyterian does have offices in York County. If you see a Norvant office that is who owns Presbyterian now. We have several in Rock Hill.

PMC is not a very good employer. They hire and lay-off, hire and lay-off. They are building an addition to the ER, a huge undertaking that I cannot understand. Their ER care is the PITS. They have one ER doc there if he even looked at me I would run out the door.

CMC has the Steele Creek Location and the Pineville Hospital both would be good places to apply. My daughter worked for CMC for 12 years and got caught up in a lay-off when her job was outsourced.

Old 06-11-2014, 02:11 PM

40 posts, read 62,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamorton View Post
I will be relocating to the Rock Hill area, need some info about which hospital pays and/or treats their nurses better. Any information is appreciated!
be warned, nurse pay is significantly lower here than in OH. i'm from OH originally, and both my mom and sister are RN in SC and NC.
my sister has worked for cmc (also known as carolina healthcare systems) for 4 years and makes less than $24/hr. she has about 7-8 total years experience

Last edited by jtforbin; 06-11-2014 at 02:29 PM..

Old 06-11-2014, 02:21 PM

348 posts, read 1,362,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
Presbyterian does have offices in York County. If you see a Norvant office that is who owns Presbyterian now. We have several in Rock Hill.

PMC is not a very good employer. They hire and lay-off, hire and lay-off. They are building an addition to the ER, a huge undertaking that I cannot understand. Their ER care is the PITS. They have one ER doc there if he even looked at me I would run out the door.

CMC has the Steele Creek Location and the Pineville Hospital both would be good places to apply. My daughter worked for CMC for 12 years and got caught up in a lay-off when her job was outsourced.
Their Women's Center is pretty good and to be honest, the one time I had to go to the ER there, they were amazing! JMO

Old 06-11-2014, 10:52 PM

10,113 posts, read 10,997,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewToYorkSC View Post
Their Women's Center is pretty good and to be honest, the one time I had to go to the ER there, they were amazing! JMO
I'm glad you got out alive.

ROCK HILL: Emergency room doctor at PMC ordered to pay $1M | Featured Stories | Rock Hill Herald Online

Family of Clover woman settles wrongful death lawsuit | Local News | Rock Hill Herald Online

I am sure all hospitals have lawsuits but PMC has more recently than even those listed in the articles above. I had total knee replacement surgery at PMC, my doc just practices there. My husband sat beside my bed 24/7 to be sure I got out of there alive. My daughter would relive him to go home to check the mail and shower, I was never without family literally taking care of me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties