Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-21-2014, 03:13 PM
NDL NDL started this thread

4,523 posts, read 5,692,667 times

Advertisements

Is anyone familiar with the voting process, including where, etc?

Also, is anyone familiar with the status of the people running in the GOP primary? (Cash, Bright, Graham, and Mace)?

Clarifying the above thought: it's unlikely that the people who vote for Graham or Mace would vote for Cash or Bright.

On the other hand, Bright and Cash hold very similar positions; it's my concern that with both men running, they're competing with themselves, not against Graham, which would cement a win for Graham.

How are Cash and Bright doing?

On another separate issue, is anyone running against Mulvaney, for his seat?

Thanks for your time
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2014, 04:48 PM

10,113 posts, read 11,000,552 times
Default on

Hi NDL ... Scroll down and I have a post on May 16 regarding the June 10th primaries. There is 87 views but no replies. LOL I just hope people will go out and vote in the primary.

Here is info on the Mulvaney race:

South Carolina's 5th Congressional District elections, 2014 - Ballotpedia

It looks like Tom Adams is running against him and a write-in Robert McGee in the GOP primary. I don't know who the democratic candidates are running against Mulvaney.

From things I have been reading and people I have talked with it seems Bright is ahead of Cash. One of them needs to drop out and at least there would be a chance of a runoff vote between Graham and whoever. If not Cash will get his votes, Bright will get his votes, I don't hold much hope for Nancy, then Graham will walk off with a another win and six more years of Lindsey.

We also have to vote on our other US Senate seat. I think Randall Young is running against Tim Scott. So we will have two US Senate seats to vote for in the GOP June 10 primary. Tim Scott is running to win the final two years of Jim DeMint's term. If elected he has indicated he will then run for re-election to a full six-year term in 2016. Scott was appointed by Nikki Haley when Jim DeMint resigned. I like this young man and he is doing a good job for SC.

Old 05-22-2014, 10:23 AM

Thank you very very much, for your helpful reply

I wish Cash would call it quits, for the sake of SC.

Had high hopes for Brannon (NC); a shame he lost.

I don't get it: people complain about the corporate worshiping, fascistic, warmongering, elements within the GOP, yet people are too lazy to vote...

Old 05-22-2014, 11:20 AM

10,113 posts, read 11,000,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NDL View Post
Thank you very very much, for your helpful reply

I wish Cash would call it quits, for the sake of SC.

Had high hopes for Brannon (NC); a shame he lost.

I don't get it: people complain about the corporate worshiping, fascistic, warmongering, elements within the GOP, yet people are too lazy to vote...
Amen!

Historically we always have a poor turnout in the primaries and that is a very important time to vote. Then when the general election comes around they can't understand why the same ole, same ole is still on the ballot. Of course perhaps they are happy with the status quo.

There is six candidates challenging Graham; Cash, Bright, Mace, Det Bowers, Dave Feliciano and Bill Connor. One of them may have already dropped out, I am not sure but this was the April group but the news now says there is 5 challenging Graham.

Old 05-23-2014, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
Amen!

Historically we always have a poor turnout in the primaries and that is a very important time to vote. Then when the general election comes around they can't understand why the same ole, same ole is still on the ballot. Of course perhaps they are happy with the status quo.

There is six candidates challenging Graham; Cash, Bright, Mace, Det Bowers, Dave Feliciano and Bill Connor. One of them may have already dropped out, I am not sure but this was the April group but the news now says there is 5 challenging Graham.
I thank you for keeping us informed about local issues

As a transplanted South Carolinian, I heard citizens of my former State, whine about local issues, with good reason.

The political machine is so entrenched in my former State, that a grassroots conservative, democrat, or independent, has next to no chance of winning.

Yet in NC/SC, good candidates can be found. But I suppose it's more productive to whine and moan on Sunday at church, than it is to spend 15 minutes voting for a perfectly qualified candidate.

Imagine what would happen if we had had a Senator Paul in KY; Senator Brannon in NC, and Senator Cash in SC.

But I suppose all I can do is imagine...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties