Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-03-2012, 08:30 PM

2 posts, read 9,460 times

Advertisements

My husband and I found a house we like in Belair in Indian Land. But the back yard butts up to Jim Wilson Road.

Has anyone heard if Jim Wilson Rd. would ever be widened?

We are very skeptical of buying a home in which the back yard butts up to a main road. If the road ever needed to be expanded, someone would loose part of their back yard.

Does anyone live in Belair, live near the Jim Wilson side, and if so, what is the noise level from traffic on the road?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2012, 07:45 AM

194 posts, read 431,029 times
I live there! My house does not go up against the street but I can honestly say noise is not a factor at all. My husband actually says its so quiet and peacefu all the time.We absolutely love the neighborhood and all of our neighbors. They are building a new subdivision across the street, but I have not been bothered by that at all except for some extra trucks on the road.' Location wise its great because it is right by 521 so you have easy access to everywhere. Let me know if you have any other questions!

Old 05-05-2012, 08:50 AM

2 posts, read 9,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigma67 View Post
I live there! My house does not go up against the street but I can honestly say noise is not a factor at all. My husband actually says its so quiet and peacefu all the time.We absolutely love the neighborhood and all of our neighbors. They are building a new subdivision across the street, but I have not been bothered by that at all except for some extra trucks on the road.' Location wise its great because it is right by 521 so you have easy access to everywhere. Let me know if you have any other questions!
Thanks for the reply. We do love the location of Belair, and know it'd be an easy commute to work and grocery/shopping.

What subdivision are they building across the street? I know that Lennar Homes is breaking ground on Hwy 521 for Carolina Reserve............is that the subdivision you are speaking of?

If so, we are curious about that subdivision as well. But I am concerned of buying into a brand new subdivision in this economy, as well as being one of the first houses built and living with construction around us for who knows how long. We contacted the internet selling agent, but they don't have any details yet of the community or even know yet which floor plans will be going in.

Old 05-07-2012, 02:48 PM

107 posts, read 319,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinakiwi View Post
I know that Lennar Homes is breaking ground on Hwy 521 for Carolina Reserve............is that the subdivision you are speaking of?
Yes, that's the builder and the name. They look to be building similar homes to BelAir. They are moving very fast to clear up land. As for buying into a new community I can understand the concern. All I can tell you is that its too early to tell if this new division will take off. You may want to wait awhile before looking into it. If you are looking for something now then BelAir is a good community to be in. Also, I can confirm that the road (Jim Wilson) is fairly quiet.

Old 05-16-2012, 07:51 AM

64 posts, read 185,621 times
I live in Belair as well. Just listed our house yesterday to get one larger. The neighborhood itself is great! I would hesitate to back up to Jim Wilson. As Lennar gets going, and Walnut Creek starts again, Jim Wilson is going to be busy-busy. I would say it's quiet for now, but when they triple the population out here, the "peace" may go on that road.

Old 02-11-2014, 01:20 PM

8 posts, read 22,941 times
Default Belair at Carolina Lakes

We visited the area, but we saw so much that I can't remember it all. Can you tell me the HOA fee at Belair at Carolina Lakes? What does it include? Also, is there a section of the homes where they provide lawn maintenance for an extra fee? Also, are there very many retirees that have bought homes there? Thanks for any information anyone can give.

Old 02-11-2014, 04:48 PM

2,364 posts, read 4,872,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suejvin View Post
We visited the area, but we saw so much that I can't remember it all. Can you tell me the HOA fee at Belair at Carolina Lakes? What does it include? Also, is there a section of the homes where they provide lawn maintenance for an extra fee? Also, are there very many retirees that have bought homes there? Thanks for any information anyone can give.
This isn't Belair, but there is a section of Lennar's community across the road called Carolina Reserve that is active adult and includes lawn maintenance. One side is active adult and the other side of the community are family homes that do not include lawn care. When we looked there I was told that it was a separate fee which would decrease as more people moved in, but my next door neighbors moved over there and said it was included. You would have to ask the sales person. Although they are active adult, they are not 55+. I can't remember the HOA fee but I am thinking it is mid-$150s per month but don't quote me on that. Again you can ask the sales person.

Old 02-11-2014, 06:09 PM

107 posts, read 319,610 times
HOA fee at Belair is about $660 per year. There are retirees that live in the community and the property is maintained for an additional fee for the ranch style homes (don't know off the top of my head how much). Best you can do remotely is call the Realtor for the property you are interested in.

Good luck!

Old 02-12-2014, 03:08 PM

29 posts, read 56,043 times
HOA fee at Carolina Reserve(the one right across the street from Belair) is approx 800/year, paid quarterly. We went there this weekend and loved it. The good news is the 2 developments(Belair and Carolina Reserve are right near 521 so even if Jim Wilson Rd were to get congested like I think it will for those 2 developments you won't have to be on the road for that long.

I was wondering if anyone has heard of or lives in Carolina Reserve? Should I start a new discussion on it? I would want to hijack the thread.

Thanks.

Old 02-12-2014, 07:56 PM

2,364 posts, read 4,872,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by darook View Post
HOA fee at Carolina Reserve(the one right across the street from Belair) is approx 800/year, paid quarterly. We went there this weekend and loved it. The good news is the 2 developments(Belair and Carolina Reserve are right near 521 so even if Jim Wilson Rd were to get congested like I think it will for those 2 developments you won't have to be on the road for that long.

I was wondering if anyone has heard of or lives in Carolina Reserve? Should I start a new discussion on it? I would want to hijack the thread.

Thanks.
Thank you for correcting me. I must have been thinking of the amount per quarter and not per month. It has been almost a year since we visited it....very near the beginning. As I mentioned my next door neighbor sold over here and bought there for a couple of personal reasons. Although we liked it, we decided it just didn't fit us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties