Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2007, 07:16 AM

2,536 posts, read 9,224,344 times

Advertisements

Another local favorite:

Captain Steve's in Fort Mill

Captain Steve's Family Seafood Restaurant - Eat. Drink. Save Money.

while many of their items are fried...you do have plenty of other options as well (you can view the whole menu on the link I provided).

Warning: often times there will be long lines to get into Captains Steve's but they get you in very quick (the place is much larger inside..than it appears from the outside)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2007, 08:21 AM
BNY

49 posts, read 192,554 times
We like China East when we're too lazy to cook. It looks like it would be just a pre-made, steamer-warmed take out place, but they make it all to order. Very good stuff! (and that's coming from a SoCal native who knows his Chinese take out)

It's in the Food Lion center on 160, towards the York/Lancaster county line.

Old 08-23-2007, 09:10 AM

4,729 posts, read 19,449,111 times
I like China East too. The lunch deal for $4.70 including tea is good.

Old 08-23-2007, 10:31 AM

36 posts, read 44,830 times
Captain Steve's is a really nice eat. The noise kinda got to me, but the food was Excellent. Me and my gf and another couple went one weekend b/c I had never been since I'm a NC transplant. Love 5 guys in Ballantyne as well. You basically have to include ballantyne eateries since it's 2 mins from Indian Land...

Old 08-23-2007, 01:03 PM

559 posts, read 2,118,372 times
Smile Absolutely correct!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethecarolinas View Post
Another local favorite:

Captain Steve's in Fort Mill

Captain Steve's Family Seafood Restaurant - Eat. Drink. Save Money.

while many of their items are fried...you do have plenty of other options as well (you can view the whole menu on the link I provided).

Warning: often times there will be long lines to get into Captains Steve's but they get you in very quick (the place is much larger inside..than it appears from the outside)
This is THE place to go to get great Southern-style seafood!! Their peppered catfish will knock your socks off!!

Old 08-24-2007, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNY View Post
We like China East when we're too lazy to cook. It looks like it would be just a pre-made, steamer-warmed take out place, but they make it all to order. Very good stuff! (and that's coming from a SoCal native who knows his Chinese take out)

It's in the Food Lion center on 160, towards the York/Lancaster county line.
That is good to know in regard to China East...we are over that way often as the family likes going to Mama Mia's (located in the same Food Lion center).

We also frequent Big Wok which is in the Harris Teeter Center (off Hwy160 and Pleasant Rd)
1750 Highway 160 W
Fort Mill, SC 29708
(803) 547-5565

Old 08-24-2007, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sekurit View Post
Captain Steve's is a really nice eat. The noise kinda got to me, but the food was Excellent. Me and my gf and another couple went one weekend b/c I had never been since I'm a NC transplant. Love 5 guys in Ballantyne as well. You basically have to include ballantyne eateries since it's 2 mins from Indian Land...
Personally I would like to keep "Places to Eat in York and Lancaster County" as such...we all know that we have plenty of eating options all around Charlotte...yet I think it would be nice to share with each other what we have in our own backyard (and maybe try and keep the Mom and Pop places alive around here)....course that's just my 2 cents.

Old 08-24-2007, 09:36 AM

I like Towne Tavern at Fort Mill. I knew the owner when he co-owned Tavern on the Tracks in Charlotte. They have a great fish fry, but it can get a little noisy in there. It's non-smoking now, except the patio, which was recently expanded. I also like La Charanda, a very good Mexican place near the Galleria mall in Rock Hill. Village Pizza is really good too. The ziti reminded me of WNY.

I had a coupon for a free pizza from Figaro's and used it yesterday. Not bad for free, but not enough cheese and they use conveyor ovens, a sin when making pizza imo. At least the toppings, sauce and dough were fresh.

I wasn't too impressed by Mama Mia's, but we only ate at the buffet, which was very weak and the spaghetti noodles looked like they had been there all day.

Old 08-24-2007, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by groove1 View Post
I like Towne Tavern at Fort Mill. I knew the owner when he co-owned Tavern on the Tracks in Charlotte. They have a great fish fry, but it can get a little noisy in there. It's non-smoking now, except the patio, which was recently expanded. I also like La Charanda, a very good Mexican place near the Galleria mall in Rock Hill. Village Pizza is really good too. The ziti reminded me of WNY.

I had a coupon for a free pizza from Figaro's and used it yesterday. Not bad for free, but not enough cheese and they use conveyor ovens, a sin when making pizza imo. At least the toppings, sauce and dough were fresh.

I wasn't too impressed by Mama Mia's, but we only ate at the buffet, which was very weak and the spaghetti noodles looked like they had been there all day.

We too like Town Tavern in Fort Mill...our meal the last time was so-so...but we do have plans of going back..and just hoping it was an off day.

To me La Charanda is a hidden little gem in Rock Hill. The first time we walked in we thought it was going to be a fast food joint...we were pleasantly surprised to walk in and find it a nice sit down restaurant.

We also like Rey Azteca located in Lake Wylie, SC (just over the Buster Boyd Bridge). They did open another location in Fort Mill (off Hwy160) but we have not tried that location (friends of ours have been and said they really liked it).

Now here comes my problem with Italian Food....I have never cared for the food at Village Pizza in Fort Mill yet most everyone else I know...likes it? To be fair though...I have only ever had their buffet and have never ordered anything off their menu.

Mama Mia's as I stated above is what my family prefers (again...we have only had their buffet)..but with that said...I do prefer their buffet over Village Pizza's.

We have also been to Papa Pino's in Fort Mill (over by Carowinds) and again I was not impressed. I had their Calzone the first time, and their buffet the next.

My personal choice is DeMarco's again located in Fort Mill. Yet it seems that most folks I know fall into the catergory of really liking it..or they don't like it (there seems to be no inbetween)?

Okay with all that said...I've made myself hungry now!

Old 08-24-2007, 10:33 AM

Loves, try one of the daily specials at Village. They have two different ones at $4.95 every day. My gf and I shared the ziti at that price and it was great. I loved the rice at La Charanda and the rest of the food was good too. Occasionally, Towne Tavern will be off and that happens to the T on the T place sometimes too. Definitely not a hit ot miss place, but I think once in a while maybe a different chef is working or something.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties