Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-23-2008, 10:55 AM

1,047 posts, read 2,784,700 times

Advertisements

My husband is going to be available for a long weekend "playdate". I want to see the leaves changing. How is the leaf color in northern Wyoming? I am wondering what would be the best route to follow starting from south central Wyoming (Rawlins area). Any suggestions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2008, 02:13 PM

4,137 posts, read 9,103,857 times
The Weather Channel had a fall-foliage map on the other day...I found a link
weather.com - Map Room - Satellite Map, Weather Map, Doppler Radar US Current Fall Foliage

Others who live up there can be more informative. I know that in the Newcastle area, leaves are just beginning to turn. My father drove through Spearfish Canyon a couple days ago and he said by Buckhorn, WY, it sure was pretty.

Old 09-23-2008, 08:49 PM

Thanks for the link. I wondered if the color had past in the northern areas of WY. There is a place south of here that I think is called "Aspen Alley". It is beautiful with Aspens on either side for a long way. I know I want to see that area for sure. We can either go this weekend or next. So I have been going -north, west, or south...Ahh, this lulling around life is rough!

Old 09-24-2008, 01:37 AM

254 posts, read 879,020 times
The leaves on the mountain here in Casper are just starting to turn.

Normally I'd be able to tell you exactly where they are all turning colors around the whole state as I fly over it on almost a daily basis---but I've been on nights for the past 10 months and haven't seen much daylight....

Old 09-24-2008, 01:06 PM

Thank you Cloudfish. I just saw that it is going to be raining Saturday so maybe the first of next week would be the best color and weather in the middle of the state.

I am guessing you must be a pilot...clouds don't have computers...flying fish would still have to be in the water...hope you aren't one of those ghosts I've been laughing about! Thanks for the info anyway!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming