Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-02-2010, 01:56 PM

3 posts, read 3,513 times

Advertisements

I've been lurking here for a while, reading what everyone has to say about the state.

As an out of stater I found this forum to be very nice. Husband and I are considering an out of state move (5 yr plan so nothing immediate). It is nice to "hear" what people are saying about the state and different situations, employment, housing, weather etc.

Although the statistics are needed, the inside voice of everyone here is excellent. Such as the insight about the veh. reg. I don't think that would have been something I'd have thought about. So it's nice reading over the threads to get information on things that I wouldn't usually think of.

Thank-You
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2010, 02:42 PM

9,724 posts, read 21,371,078 times
Welcome to the Wyoming board, Pixie. You don't need to live in Wyoming to contribute to Wyoming discussions, so feel free to become a regular on here. We have lots of contributors from out of state -- some have been here and moved on, others want to move here. The more the merrier.

Old 12-02-2010, 03:38 PM

Thank-you. I'm not sure I can contribute much since I've never been to Wyoming

Currently in Nebraska and we're considering moving out of state, yet being somewhat "close" to home (and by that I mean trying to keep the drive around 12 hours).

We are looking for somewhere with less humidity, but with cold/snow, something both my husband and I enjoy. I know crazy huh.

Small town is something we would be looking for (as are alot of people it seems lol). We're currently living on a little over and acre on the edge of a HUGE city - current population about 20, including children and pets

No trust funds here, so time will tell with employment/income vs cost of living while raising our 2 children.

Thanks again so much!

Old 12-02-2010, 05:20 PM

You must be in eastern Nebraska. I grew up in eastern Kansas, just 5 miles from the Nebraska border, and Iowa, about 50 miles east of Omaha. Humidity in Wyoming is nothing like those places. Come out for a visit sometime. We've got some great mountains here!

Old 12-02-2010, 06:24 PM

Yes, north of Omaha about 60 miles or so. Been here most all my life. I did manage to live in Norfolk for a few yrs, and spent one yr up north in Niobrara.

My husband loves the mountains, which is one of the reason we're considering Wyoming, if we do decide to relocate.

Hoping to visit next yr if both of us are able to get the time off from work.

Old 12-02-2010, 07:15 PM

Well, let us know before you come if you want suggestions on what to see and where to stay.

I moved here primarily for the mountains 40 years ago. I lived in Alaska for a few years, then briefly back to Iowa. I just couldn't enjoy fishing in murky waters after getting used to Alaska's pristine wilderness.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming