Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2008, 04:48 PM

6 posts, read 25,419 times

Advertisements

I am currwntly living in Ohio. I just got laid off. I was a heavy equipment operator working in landfills installing pipe for the landfill methane gas. Was wondering what they pay in the coal bed methane gas fields? Do they hire quite often? Would it be easy to just jump in the truck get out there and find a job in the methane fields or oil rig. I realize the housing is scarce in Wyoming but i have been out there before and loved it. Absolutely breathtaking. I have also looked on the website wyomingatwork.com. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Any contacts in the oil field or methane fields would be nice too. Thank You
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2008, 12:38 PM

1,466 posts, read 4,055,498 times
We have one of the lowest unemployment rates in the country.... So I am pretty sure you could find a job easily...

Can you be more specific as to what towns you are considering? or looking at

Old 07-29-2008, 05:26 PM

330 posts, read 1,095,459 times
Gillette isn't the only option for heavy equipment or oilfield work.....there's oilfield work all over the state. I know that there's a TON of construction work.....Wyoming Machinery/CAT and other large machine companies hire all the time, so does Halliburton.

Old 07-29-2008, 10:13 PM

18,700 posts, read 42,041,465 times
Get your butt out here. We have more jobs then we do people.

People say that there is nothing out here. Bull! Come give us a hand. Now!.

Old 07-30-2008, 12:22 PM

6 posts, read 25,419 times
I definitely plan on making the move out there. Just scared about the rental problem. Plus I have had no luck applying for jobs in Wyoming. I think most companies would prefer that you already reside there before they give you a job offer. So I think I am just going to head out that way at the end of August. What is the starting wage in the methane fields or oil fields? If anyone knows. If I am not making atleast 20 an hour it is not worth it with the cost of rental propertys. No need for a house since I am a single man. I will quit rambling. Hopefully someone with the knowledge will help me out. Thank you .

Old 07-30-2008, 08:41 PM

18,700 posts, read 42,041,465 times
Rentals. Wow, that is a real problem. We have more jobs then you can shake a stick at. But we only have one house and I live in it. So now, let's talk. hahahaha

Really, there just ain't no houses available. But it's getting better. A month ago, there was nothing. Last week, there was a couple of places.

But give it a chance. They are available, you just need to watch and search.

Old 07-31-2008, 05:47 PM

330 posts, read 1,095,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nothing to offer here View Post
I definitely plan on making the move out there. Just scared about the rental problem. Plus I have had no luck applying for jobs in Wyoming. I think most companies would prefer that you already reside there before they give you a job offer. So I think I am just going to head out that way at the end of August. What is the starting wage in the methane fields or oil fields? If anyone knows. If I am not making atleast 20 an hour it is not worth it with the cost of rental propertys. No need for a house since I am a single man. I will quit rambling. Hopefully someone with the knowledge will help me out. Thank you .
Unskilled labor in the oilfield makes more than I do with a Bachelors degree in nursing! (I'm guessing they make about $35)....

Old 07-31-2008, 08:59 PM

3,202 posts, read 4,431,956 times
go to Welcome to the State of Wyoming and from there you can link to the state jobbank and link to most newspapers in the state to read their classifieds.finding a equipment operator job making over $20 an hour should be no problem.....finding a reasonably priced place to rent,well goodluck but people seem to find a way

Old 08-03-2008, 02:18 AM

126 posts, read 260,640 times
What about professional jobs in Wyoming? I'm assuming they're concentrated in the "big" cities of Cheyenne and Casper, right?

Old 08-03-2008, 09:04 PM

18 posts, read 66,172 times
My husband is the oil industry. Lots of jobs for mechanics and oil field workers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming