Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-01-2007, 07:51 PM

2 posts, read 11,447 times

Advertisements

I have read alot of the posts on here and I was wondering if anyone could give me a direction to go in.. I am wondering about relocating my construction company and I am not sure where to go in wyoming. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I do residential dwellings in georgia now and I would really like to move my company to wyoming. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2007, 08:51 PM

18,700 posts, read 42,057,790 times
There are housing shortages (which means small business shortages also) in Rawlins, Rock Springs, Green River, Evanston, Sheridan, Gillette, Buffalo, etc.

So the next step is what type of climate and terrain do you like? Mountains, next to mountains, distant but can see mountains, or just plain high plains and red rock with clay?

Are we talking stick homes, custom homes, what? The reason I ask is because some of these areas are booming so fast that they want walls, not fancy, not multi level, walls, ceiling, no leaks, let's go!

What do you like to build?

Old 10-02-2007, 01:16 AM

4 posts, read 13,487 times
As a motgage broker in Casper and the States hub as they call it 4 hours from 4 states we have a 1% rental availiblity call some realtors and ask about rentals that will help you know who needs you!! Welcome

Old 10-02-2007, 10:26 AM

Location: My heart is in Wyoming, my body is soon to follow.....
745 posts, read 4,066,007 times
I would suggest Gillette if you're looking for a boom area. Rock Springs will have an exclusive 240 house subdivision starting next spring and an exclusive 32 house sub starting then too. And more on the way. Because the lots on these subs are exclusive to two builders(we have one thank goodness) there aren't many lots available to go around for the other builders who have established themselves here, let alone a newcomer. Things came to a screeching halt in Cheyenne about a year ago so that's out. And Laramie brings a whole new meaning to good old boys town when you try to move in and build there, they very much like to give their business to people who are born and raised there. A lot of builders have tried to get there foot in the door there and just end up running up against a brick wall. Casper may be a possibility, I did hear awhile back that it had slowed up there but that could have changed by now.

Jgussler - how much building is going on in Sheridan? We have an ex-brother in law who sat on a house for 5 months before it sold, new construction. Are more businesses coming into the area? I have to find somewhere to move in the next two years that has a steady economy and rate of growth. I have to get out of this hellhole!!!

Old 10-02-2007, 05:21 PM

18,700 posts, read 42,057,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Earniefan View Post
Jgussler - how much building is going on in Sheridan? We have an ex-brother in law who sat on a house for 5 months before it sold, new construction. Are more businesses coming into the area? I have to find somewhere to move in the next two years that has a steady economy and rate of growth. I have to get out of this hellhole!!!
It's going nuts here. I've been helping a few people on here and housing is so hard to find that they have been buying trailer houses, site unseen. New houses are sold before they are sheet rocked. The house behind me was finished in April. Currently the third owner is in there because prices are rising so fast, a person had it built and said he couldn't afford to keep it because it was worth 40% more then when he started. So he sold and had another one built. The first people that moved in only lived there for 3 months and because the price was still going up, they sold. It's nuts to say the least.

But, like everywhere else, gotta find land. I've been helping my son look. For a lot in town, standard lot, $160,000 plus. Empty lot! We also looked at some 5 acre lots outside town. No water, no sewer, $200,000. plus.

Old 10-03-2007, 09:40 AM

Jgussler - I went on realtor.com to check out the prices of land, they have city lots ranging from 39,000 to around 95,000. If you get out of town then the prices went up around what you were saying, but alot of them in that range are acreages. I think it's deceiving, the lots that are over 100,000 are obviously view lots. At least Sheridan has views, in RS you can't buy a city lot for less than 70,000 now and there aren't many of those left. I'm looking into Sheridan as a possibility for us to move to in a couple years, if prices get crazy like Jackson that's going to be a big turn off.

Old 10-03-2007, 11:34 AM

215 posts, read 667,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Earniefan View Post
Jgussler - I went on realtor.com to check out the prices of land, they have city lots ranging from 39,000 to around 95,000. If you get out of town then the prices went up around what you were saying, but alot of them in that range are acreages. I think it's deceiving, the lots that are over 100,000 are obviously view lots. At least Sheridan has views, in RS you can't buy a city lot for less than 70,000 now and there aren't many of those left. I'm looking into Sheridan as a possibility for us to move to in a couple years, if prices get crazy like Jackson that's going to be a big turn off.
Earniefan --- I went to realtor.com to check out what you were saying about the lots. I can tell you that most of the ones listed under $50,000 are in a part of town I would not recommend. Some of the other higher costing ones are in suddivisions that are mostly full and those are the last of the lots, I know that the one in Knode is swamp land. I don't know anything about lot size but those cheap ones seem awlful small to me compared to some of the others. I have lived in Sheridan almost all my life and I can not believe the growth that is going on right now. Am a little scared that some of Sheridan's charm will lost with all of it.

Old 10-03-2007, 10:16 PM

jkb826 - that's what is turning me off, it seems sadly that all of Wyoming is being over taken by Californians that think the inflated prices here are a steal. It's making me very sad. I hate to say that I'm starting to understand why Laramie holds the reins so tightly, it may end up being the only place for someone to live who loves the real Wyoming.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming